Chapter Five- NYC Part 4

Oblivious To The Obvious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm having way too much fun writing sweet stories,

So I'm milking this NYC way too much, lol

“So you girls just hop in the float, walk around the float if you want, wave to people, and don’t forget to have a good time… We will inform you through your earpiece once your float is approaching the stage. Got it? Just like we rehearsed.” 

“Got it! Thank you, Sir. Wish us luck!” Giselle replied the official with her perfect English.

 

“It’s moving!” Winter exclaimed happily.

“This is the Thanksgiving parade in New York; we are so honored to be invited to such event.” Giselle talked to her camera; they are recording vlogs again. “This is so much fun because we haven’t seen this many people before, you want to see?” Giselle then flipped the camera to film the crowd and wave to them. When the camera turned to shoot baby Yoda, Giselle grabbed Ning and end up leaving the other two behind.

“Cold?” Karina rubs her hands on Winter’s sidearms. Even though they wear thick furry coats, New York wind hits different and today was extra windy, hairstylist team clipped on extra hair clips but still, hairs are flying. 

“Kinda. I have hot packs inside my pockets, oh it’s so windy.” Winter’s hair flew blocking her visual and she made a ridiculous head movement which made the older chuckle.

“Stop fidgeting, you look funny doing that.” while letting out low chuckles, Karina grazes the loose strands and tucks them behind the younger’s ear. “Hold on, you have plenty of loose hair, wait let me just take this pin off and put it back… There you go.” Karina smiles and then pats the younger left cheek hoping the gesture was subtle to the crowd around her.
“You’re nervous?” Karina somewhat can read the younger’s expression.

“I am. This is our first international performance, I’m scared of what they think of our music and of me, what if they don’t like me. Aren’t you nervous?” 

“I am, but we can do this, together. There’s a reason we are invited to perform here. Don’t worry too much, ‘kay?” The look of love and gratitude never misses from the elder’s eyes.

“Stop staring at me like that…” Winter tried to look away, but her eyes fixated on Karina’s, and she sulked.

“Like what?” She’s being a sulking puppy again, cute.

“That. You are breaking me. I want to be cool-small smiling-smirking Winter today, if I see you and you look at me like that, I will be huge smiling then awkward Winter, which I don’t want New York people to look at.” 

“Ah, okay, okay. Cool like this weather also likes your name Winter.” Karina was making a funny face.

“And stop looking so pretty, my eyes can’t take it.” It’s Winter’s turn to flirt, the older gets shy easily. “How do you like cool Winter? Oh, cover your ears unnie, they are already red.” They laugh it off while Winter covers and Karina touches her reddened ears.

“What are you girls doing…? Her hair is fine, winter what are you doing?” Giselle appeared from the back of the float with Ning beside her.

“I’m fine, nothing happened. I heard somebody call my name. I will go to that.” Karina went around the float since she did hear a Korean fan call her by her Korean name.

“My smart mouth caused her reddened ears. I’ll just wave now. Let’s wave around and give hearts, yea? Yes. Okay.” Minjeong then left the others speechless as she waved and greet the crowd while the float continues moving. She still got shy when I make corny jokes to her, should I continue being flirty with her…? It’s fun when there are no feelings involved.

 

“Girls you are 3 floats out from performing.” A guy spoke to them through their earpiece.

Approaching the stage, the girls got ready, they meant to perform their song from the beginning up until the chorus, then straight to the end, short but meaningful, nonetheless. After end po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter