chapter 9

Uno Amore

MONDAY


Reese and Hannah were both happily hugging each other as they jumped in circles. 
"I thought your family wont let you into boarding school?" Reese asked in thrilled tone.
"Are you kidding me? I ask for freedom until graduation. Ofcourse they allowed me." Hannah said with a grin.
"We should get rice cake to welcome ourselves in our dorm." Reese suggested.
"Oh I heard it's how to call for luck." Hannah said and fished out her phone to order one online.
"Hey, I got an idea, let's call Cato and Tony." Reese suggested in sparkling eyes.
"And let them bring-" Hannah connected.
"-the rice cakes, yes." Reese winked in conspiring tone.
"Nice!" Hannah high- five Reese.
"I'll message them. They're probably in class right now." Reese said and typed on her phone.
"Both of them have same university, right?" Hannah asked and collapsed to her bed which was a little smaller compared to the one on her room.
"Yeah. They're not really far from here." Reese said.
"That's great. We could still hang out together in our free time." Hannah beamed to her.
Reese then collapsed to her own bed and stared at the ceiling painted in pink.
"Saturday was crazy, right?" Reese asked Hannah.
"Oh terrible. I got headache the next day." Hannah chuckled.
"Did you really headbanged that guy?" Reese sat on the bed.
"Yeah. I was pissed." Hannah laughed now.
"I could never. You really don't look like who can fight."
"I'm two times black belter in self defence arts. My brother is five times." Hannah said.
"Wow. Maybe I should consider taking lessons at that. It really came handy." Reese said.
"Oh, Bommie, you're natural." Hannah mused.
"Wae?"
"You hit two guys really good."
"With a broken flashlight." Reese pointed out.
"Boy, it's real weapon isn't it?" Hannah laughed along with Reese now.
"It's adrenaline taking control me." Reese said. "But, are we accepted the guild?"
"Don't know. No announcement just yet. I think we're set for another hazing, Bommie-ah."
"Oh no. My parents would faint if they know what have I been up to these days." Reese complained.
"Me too. Dad will be furious and mom will throttle me." 
"Same thought, tokkie. Same thought." Reese heaved a Nanahp sigh. "But prince charming is really scary right now."
"You mean, Jason?"
Reese turned her head to Hannah's direction then. "First name basis?"
"Well, should I call him Lee instead?" Hannah raised her brows.
"Nah. He won't mind you calling him his name. I heard in rumor that White skull's boss shouldn't be addressed on his name at all."
Hannah turned to her friend fully then. "Really? Is that written in the handbook?"
"I searched it but it wasn't there. It's one of the unwritten rules among the frats."
"So how do we actually address him?" 
"Students call him Skull or boss." Reese said.
"Skull...hmm...that's pretty odd but we need to fit in, right?" Hannah asked.
"Yep." Reese bolt up from bed again and looked at the clock. "So when are your things arriving by the way?"
" I don't know. Why?"
"Because class hour is coming in twenty minutes." Reese then went to the mirror and checked her uniform.
"Let's just leave. Maybe they'll be here later in the afternoon." Hannah said and grabbed her bag. "What hour did you text Cato an Tony by the way?"
"Four. End of our classes today." 
"Awesome. Let's go."
*********************************************************
Reese and Hannah separated ways on their respective minor subject for the morning. 
Turning to the corner, Hannah bowed to her phone and sent a message to her mom. She then pocketed it and a smile pasted on her lips when she saw Jason in the distance, leaning over the parapet.
"Hi." Hannah immediately greeted with a beaming expression.
"Oh." Jason straightened and observed her wholeness. 
Looking at her watch, Hannah saw she still have five minutes before class would start.
"So do we make it to the team?" Hannah asked while he shook his head and glanced down the ground.
"Oh. So we failed the Saturday test." Hannah muttered. "It was scary experience."
"Were you both scared though?" he asked in lack of interest.
"Heck yeah."
Jason snickered. "My men said about being headbanged, kicked, hit and punched to their faces by two scared women."
Hannah's pleasant smile disappeared from her face. "Were they seriously hurt?"
"They survive the onslaught. Thank, God." he said, finding the humor in there.
"Oh. Both of us got shot of adrenaline." Hannah only said.
Jason didn't agree since he heard it himself how Hannah was overly collected at such situation. But he won't tell her about it, not wanting to divulge about the secret mic they planted on their clothes before the hazing started.
"Both of you did good. It's commendable even." Jason said.
"So does it mean, we still have to undergo many hazing before acceptance?" Hannah inquired.
"Yeah. By lunch, report in the guild's turf with your friend." Jason said and turned away from her direction while she nodded to him.
*********************************************************
Every students saw how Hannah and Reese were casually entering the White Skull's guild at their own accord. They thought those two women wont be anyway safe after the trespassing they did. But they didn't. And the rumors going around the school that the will be the first women to be initiated for White Skull membership.
All the sororities' in the institute had their eyes on Hannah and Reese for daring to enter the most powerful guild in the campus.
In the silence of the surrounding, Hannah and Reese was close to mistaking the building to be abandoned.
"What are we doing here?" Reese leaned over Hannah's ear.
"Don't know. Skull told me to be here with you. Do you think we'll be bludgeoned for good?" Hannah whispered back.
"Oh crap. I might run away."
"Me too." Hannah agreed.
Both of them straightened on their seats when the administrator came in with Jason strutting in boredom behind.
Reese and Hannah bowed as per instruction in the handbook whenever the guild boss is entering the room.
Jason sat in the seat while TOP remained standing with a rings on his hand right now.
Hannah looked up briefly as well as Reese when TOP gave them the ring. 
"Wear this for the meantime while your initiation are still put on hold." TOP said.
Hannah eyed the metal circlet with the head of the skull ornamenting above it before she looked at Reese's which have a head of raven.
"There's been chaos in the order around the school. In defiance of both women to enter the men's guild." TOP explained.
Hannah raised her hand to TOP.
"Yes?" TOP turned to her.
"So, what's this circlet supposed to do us?"
"Protection." Jason was the one to say. 
"To what?" Hannah asked again.
"Women in sororities and some angry men we fought from other guilds." Jason said.
Hannah and Reese nodded as they wore the circlets which were both quite bigger than their fingers.
"Now that all of the school knew both of you undergone the initiation, the hots will be directed on you. Jealous rage and just pure revenge against us. Outside guild thinks both of you are the officials' women and so both of you have been protected with such notion." TOP said.
"If we fail the next hazing?"Hannah raised and Jason smirked at how she seemed to know the right question to ask.
"All of the school sororities against both of you." Jason simply said. "Something to do with me."
Both Reese and Hannah understood such simple reason since they knew how Jason could drive women crazy even when they were in high school before.
"So I encourage both of you to pass the next hazing. Hospital is child's play. Next time, we wont hold back." TOP warned.
"So are we going to be bludgeoned?" Hannah guessed.
Jason only smirk at Hannah. "It's not that simple. That's too traditional."
"Oh."Hannah bowed down to the ring with a troubled look.
"Anymore questions?" TOP raised looking at Hannah then to Reese. "How about you? You screamed the loudest at the hospital and you're lacking any sound here."
"U-uhm..." Reese looked at Jason's direction then to TOP before she looked down. "...so whose the owner of these rings?" she asked out of stupor thought but it made Hannah curious too as she waited.
"The skull's mine." Jason said.
"I'm the raven." TOP followed.
Hannah and Reese looked each other, suddenly feeling overwhelmed to gain the very protection of the guild's high rank.
"T-thank you." Reese said while Hannah nodded in bowed head and bit her lower lip, having no idea why she suddenly feeling so shy before the penetrating eyes of the boss.