chapter 8

Uno Amore

SATURDAY, 9:00 P. M.
Saint Elise Hospital - Abandoned for 10 years


The only recluse that Hannah and Reese have are the lights that came from their respective flashlights.
Now standing in front of once magnificent fountain in front of the badly beaten building structure with a map on their respective hands, Hannah and Reese started to walk inside the premise with shaky frames.
"I may have chosen the bludgeon rather than this, Hannah." Reese began to regret both of their choices of hazing. 
Earlier, Jason had given them choice to choose and both of them had chosen to test their courage in coming to the famous hunted hospital outside the Seoul City.
"If we go home with swelling faces and bruises from being hit with a bludgeon, Bom. We wont be spared with our parents' spanking." Hannah stated and gasped at her right direction when she swore to hear a soft lulling in the corner. "Did you hear that?"
Reese immediately stick herself to Hannah and flashed the light in the corner. "P-please...let's get this over w-with."
Hannah nodded nervously, pushing the lump on as she looked down the map and the wrist watch which was set in a ten minute timer. They only have less than nine minutes to get their respective assigned item to pick up in two different location.
"D-Hannah c-can't we go together?" Reese asked in shaking voice.
"I-I'd l-love too but..." Hannah's eyes widened when she swore to see something move in the darkest part of the hallway.

"W-we can do it quick. Let's start with you. Neh?" Reese pleaded knowing she can't wander alone in the hallway of the hospital, looking for the emergency complex to retrieve an item placed at the center of the room.
Hannah considered that and looked down to the map again, estimating the time for a moment before she nodded to Reese' direction.
"Mine's in the second floor while yours are just right in that corner of the hallway." Hannah pointed at the creepy hallway and Reese couldn't be more scared when there was wind that came from the very direction.
"L-let's go up." Reese encouraged and they both went to the stairs which wasn't less creepy than the dark hallway.
"Right...this should be easy..." Hannah said and began to climb up the stairs with Reese beside her. With lights flashing to their very feet, both were careful at each step they made until they got to the second floor. 
Looking down the map with a flashlight on it, Reese pointed a certain direction with a shaking hands and Hannah had been noticing this with her own self too. So before proceeding towards the radiation room, she dug out her ear piece and gave one to Reese.
"What's this for?" Reese asked.
"We might be hearing unwanted noise around. Let's concentrate on the music instead." Hannah said screening for the songs on her apple watch. 
Reese wore one of the piece while Hannah did the same before little mix's song played. 
"We're in control of this." Hannah began to collect herself and told Reese with confidence on her eyes. "There's no courage without fear."
"Mulan?" Reese chuckled nervously while she nodded to Hannah.
"The key is not to scream to fuel the fear. When in danger, run. When confronted, fight with all of our abilities." Hannah said in finality and Reese surprisingly took her friend's bearing as she distanced herself from Hannah. 
Both changed their grip on the flashlights in case they might need for some banging to do.
The White Skulls officials who had their ears to the two women they sent in the abandoned hospital waited in a distance where Hannah and Reese couldn't see them.
"Ey, I like this girl already." Bento said listening to his audio receiver. 
"She's got mental control right there." Wasabi added and turned to Jason's direction who was just being silent and closely listening to the girls. "Boss, she's tough."
Jason turned to Wasabi and smirked. "We're just starting."
"Ready to contact, Subjects approaching close to your location." TOP radioed the White Skulls neophytes inside the building who were both planted in there to give a real time scare to the women undergoing a hazing.
"Copy that. Readying at base one. I repeat, readying at base one." The leader in charge at second floor said. 
"Give them a heart attack." TOP relayed.
"Copy that. I got eye on the subjects." Akro said from the other line. "Screams coming right up." 
*********************************************************
Flashing light on the overhead of the door, Hannah read the signage in there and shook her head.
"Not this room." she said and bowed to her map.
"In here, tokkie." Reese gestured her to come closer. 
Hannah came over and confirmed her room. "I'll get in while you wait here." Hannah said.
"Tokkiei-"
"I'll be quick, Bommie-ah." Hannah said gently stirring the door open.
"Okay." Reese agreed.
*********************************************************
"Separate them." Jason ordered.
"Copy that, boss." answered Akro and started to execute the plan."
*********************************************************
Reese saw Hannah had turned to the corner with her light following her. She watched on her timer and they only have seven minutes to collect the items. Left in the dark hallway, she ignored the strange sounds around and concentrated on the music on her headpiece. 
There was sudden static noise from her headpiece before it went silent. Reese turned behind her when the door, shut hard on its own. Blinking in there in pure shock blended with the incoming horror that was closed to escape .
"Tokkie?!" Reese called out in hysteria when there was a sound of crashing inside. She stirred the door open but it shut closed again. Banging in the door with her hands and feet now, Reese paused at the growling sound to the far right side of the hallway.
Turning to the right direction with wide eyes and dread, Reese saw two pair of eyes glittered yellow in the dark. She made a step back when it stalked towards her location.
"Tokkie-ah!!!!! Hannah!!!!!" Reese's banged the door hard this time and tried stirring the door open but it wont open anymore.
"BOM! RUN! RUN! RUN!" Hannah's voice resonated loudly inside the room.
"NO! I WONT LEAVE YOU!" Reese shouted in trembling voice while she turned the growling beast at the right side again and saw it closing.
"GO! HMPT! G-GO!" Hannah screamed loudly even thought she seemed constricted with something. 
"HELL NO!" Reese screamed loudly this time and began to hit the flashlight on the knob until it broke down and unlocked on its own. She then went inside the room and slammed the door hard, preventing the entrance of whatever that beast which stalked her.
Panting, she waited until the growling disappeared, Reese stood up form being sprawled in the floor and began stalking to the direction of the faint light from Hannah's flashlight.
Reese stood frozen on her spot when she saw Hannah was seriously engaged into fighting off two figures in dark cloaks. 
One grunted in pain when Hannah sent him flying the corner with one precise kick, holding the other one with her two hand before she ended up headbanging the figure.
"Ack!" Hannah collapsed to the floor along with the cloaked figure in the floor.  
Reese ran to helped Hannah up the floor. 
"Aish! Nasty head." Hannah muttered in wince feeling her world just spin around for a moment.
"Let's go, tokkie-ah." Reese said.
"Grab the bag, Bommie. Aish!" Hannah snapped to the unmoving frames in the floor and angrily kick them.
"Oh, alright. Let's go." Reese had to grab the raging rabbit from angrily kicking those poor cloaked figure.
Exiting the radiation room, Hannah limped along the way while Bommie guided her.
"Four minutes." Hannah said as they were in the stairs. "Go ahead Bom. I'll be right behind you." 
Reese nodded and began to climb down the stairs and ran bravely towards dark hallway leading to the emergency complex.
Reaching in there, she stirred the door open and saw a single bag situated in the center of the room. Almost like tempting her to go over it in plain sight.
Thinking this might be a trap, Bom took of one of her shoe and threw it at the center. 
Her breath hiked when three boogymen popped from the ceiling and came dangling in darkness of the room.
"Get it." Hannah said from her behind that Reese almost jumped in fright.
"What if there's another two cloaked reapers in there, Tokkie-ah?"
Hannah stood properly in the door. "Then somebody will be beaten with the stick I'm holding right now." she said in low voice.
Reese had no idea why is she trusting this small friend of hers but she nodded to her otherwise.
*********************************************************
TOP and Jason were both wondering why Akro and his team became unresponsive from their call for a minute or so after they heard grunts coming from them.
Then there was static on their audio receiver coming from Akro.
"Boss, tell them don't approach the subjects. Seriously...aish..." Akro cursed under his breath.
"What's the problem, Akro?" Jason asked.
"That woman headbanged me. Aish!" Akro said. 
Bento and Wasabi laughed their asses after hearing that while TOP immediately called the team at the emergency complex to let the women go but they came to late when instead of some response, they heard men screaming of pain and grunts in the radio before it went silent.
Then they stood up from their secret waiting area when Reese and Hannah emerged out the building with both of the required items. 
"I can't believe it." Bento said in awe.
"We didn't even hear them screaming their hearts out." Wasabi said and looked at his watch. "Mission completed at 9:26 minutes, boss."
Standing up from his seat with his hands on his pocket, Jason smirked. He had his eyes on the two women who were both jumping in glee and hugged each other.
"Pack up team, we're done here." He said..
TOP approached Jason. "When's the next hazing, boss."
Before he got in to his car, he turned to TOP with an amusement on his face. 
"Let them breathe for now." Jason said. "Next time...we'll get them."
"Yes, boss."