Chapter 1

Uno Amore

 

 

Uno Amore:
One Love Forever
First novel from the School Series written by Brenda Cabrera under the penname Sparrow101

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


An Original work of M&B Pub.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Looking down in the wide front yard over the window, Jason had no regard of everything including the butler and the chief maid in the house who were both waiting for him to answer their polite queries.
It had been so many years since he had moved out Korea after his father's death and yet the house which he used to live was still well kept. Even the large fountain in front yard had its grandeur displayed before his very eyes along with the healthy lush of green plants in the garden.
So his mother had bothered into keeping the place alive despite the painful memories that the house possessed.
Pocketing his hands, Jason looked away from the darkness outside and slowly turned to the people in waiting at the door. The baggages he brought were still on the floor, left to his own disposal if he wanted the maids to put them away to his wardrobe. 
The butler waited patiently to the young master's decision, ignoring how the 18-year old boy was coldly regarding them in silence.
"Leave." Jason finally said while the butler only nodded and left along with the maids.
When the people inside his room left, he turned back his attention to the fountain, where he remembered playing with his father.
But that day was the last day, Jason ever saw him. His father never came back home for many days until it became months.
His mother was depressed over it and had already sent men to search for his father.
Until one day, came a very tragic news.
His father was killed. Brutally gunned down by somebody after a car chase one night. Along with his men, his father was buried in one place unknown and not inhabited by people while the cars they used were burned.
His mother sought revenge but when a name of the suspect was slid on the table, she backed down and chose to leave the country. He was angry about it since she wasn't pursuing justice over his father's death and chose running away from that formidable man whom he wished to kill someday.
That one name he always instilled on his mind. 
Rui Kwon. 
Leader of the Ground Zero and one powerful business tycoon in Korea.
All his life, he had been filled with too much hatred and anger over everyone. Even his own mother, he hated her the most. And then to himself. For even if he wanted to be actively extracting revenge, his body wont allow him. For he's suffering with a heart disease after all those built up anger and unexpressed intense emotions after his father's death. He'd fallen into ill and been overly depressed. He just hated living. He didn't wanna be smothered over fake comfort from his mother and from everybody who was trying to be sweet with him. Damn them all. They can go to hell along with their fake flatteries. And he will follow them. 
Yes, he will.
After he'll kill that man. 
That one man who destroyed his family.
*********************************************************
Getting inside the cafe, Hannah waved cheerfully at her friends when she spotted them in the corner.
She was bouncing ball of energy when she went with them with a huge smile pasted on her face. 
"Hi!" Hannah then greeted the four girls in the table while she secured her own seat with them.
"Oh, someone's happy." Rebel Xena, Jin and Sicily's daughter, stated seeing how Hannah was literally in the verge of floating like a marshmallow in a chocolate cup.
"Who shouldn't be happy on this beautiful day?!" Hannah exclaimed happily.
". You're too loud." Tequila Kartini winced while she literally shook her head as if suffering from dizziness before she went on tapping on her laptop.
"Language, Teq. Your father won't be so pleased to hear his daughter swearing." Rebel Xena said while she sat promptly like a proper woman. Her back was always perfectly straight as if she was on a spotlight for a pageant.
Tequila only grinned at her. "Say's someone who's the future boss of mafia clan."
"I'm maybe a mafia heiress but I don't have to say cuss words to get respected." Xena fired back at Tequila.
"My mom curses a lot." Dean Rocco said, knowing how her mother belonged to Xena's Japanese clan which means a tough job especially when it was filled with men to deal with on every day basis.
"Well, anyway, I'm here to celebrate with you guys." Hannah pacified knowing Xena and Tequila would start an argument any given moment now. She then lifted her mango smoothie. "A toast."
The rest of the girls followed her lead and raised their respective smoothies up.
Grinning widely as Hannah looked at her individual friends, "This is to our freedom that we fought to have. Finally our fathers allow us in our pleas."
Tequila snorted, "Actually I fought with mother to have this freedom not my father."
"Teq..." Xena crossed in, seeing Hannah wasn't done on her speech just yet.
"Alright, alright. Go on, baby girl." Tequila urged in bored tone while Xena and Rocco smiled sweetly to Hannah.
"I hope for our exciting student life from here on until college graduation." Hannah ended.
"Cheers!" Xena, Tequila and Rocco exclaimed before they drank from their own beverages.
Hannah gone back to her seat and smiled once again to her friends from different background. She blinked when Xena reached out to wipe the trace of smoothie on the corner of her lips.
"Are you sure you can manage high school and college if you're this clumsy?" Xena asked Hannah.
"Yeah of course!" Hannah said.
"You always tripped your way almost everyday, Nanah." Rocco commented.
"Yeah, you're like the clumsiest girl ever created." Tequila smirked at her.
"No worries. I promised dad that I'll be fine. Besides, I hate home school. I don't wanna end up anti-social." Hannah said.
"Homeschool ." Tequila admitted.
"My mom was also homeschooled before but she wasn't anti-social." Rocco defended.
"Then why are you even here?" Tequila demanded.
"I don't want to study alone." Rocco just said and sipped from her drink lazily.
"Be positive, you guys. We only have this freedom until college graduation. We all know, we needed to take over family business when we're ready. My dad even led the clan at his student days." Xena said.
"In my case, I was actually torn between my mom and dad." Rocco shook her head. "Mom is a mafia member while dad is a sport's racer as well as company chairman.
"You bet. I'm also torn between wanting to be an agent or be a hacker for life." Tequila said since her mom was well known hacker and game creator while her dad became the director of the CIA.
"We got this thoughts and all but first, let's enjoy being a student." Hannah lifted up the mood while Xena agreed. "I don't want to think about anything regarding family matter for now even by the fact that I'll end up inheriting ground zero in the future."
"Me neither. The clan is getting big so I need to study hard to learn how to manage it." Xena interjected.
"Let's just rock hard on our chosen schools." Tequila turned to them.
"Heck yeah!" Rocco agreed.
"Why are we even studying to different schools? We can go in group and formed an alliance." Xena commented while the girls laughed at her way of thinking. 
"You're talking like your dad, Xena." Rocco commented.
"Am I? Darn it. I should be sweet to blend in." Xena muttered.
"And we need to make friends out of our circle of life. If we're together, how can we do that? We might end up scaring the people around us." Hannah deducted.
"Good thinking, baby girl." Tequila said.
"Let's do this?" Xena asked to all of them.
"Let's get this done, gang." Hannah smiled in conspiracy. "Let's see who can get the highest award in graduation. I'm gonna bet half a million dollars here."
"Oooh. Make it one million then I'm in." Tequila suddenly said.
"You gonna lose baby cakes. You never study." Xena turned to Tequila.
"Make it two million dollars and I will surely bring you two to shame." Rocco said.
"So it's on..." Xena said with a smirk knowing very well that she always got the highest scores in the private homeschool.
"It's so on...don't you forget that I'm a daughter of a genius hacker, baby dragon." Tequila cracked her hands together, eyeing Xena.
"Let's seal the deal here." Rocco reached out her hand in the center of the table while Hannah enthusiastically did the same followed by the rest of the girls.
"In the Kwon-Hann blood we swear!" They all chorused in loud voice, not minding their bodyguards shaking their heads in the distance.
"Oh baby, I'm gonna be rich!" Tequila said after they said their oughts.
"But you are rich." Hannah laughed at her.
"I am. I need to have start-up money for my freaking awesome idea." Tequila said.
"Don't you even cry when I win this bet." Xena said.
"Don't talk down on me, baby dragon. Remember you're almost an outcast here, Rebel Hann." Teq snickered.
"I'm not scared of you three being the Kwon's little daughters." Xena countered back. "I'm a Hann. That name holds title."
"We're actually the big three." Hannah joined in. "Dean Rocco Kwon, Tequila Kartini Kwon and Hannah Kwon will crush your ing little , Xena."
Xena as well as the girls gasped in horror at Hannah's words. "Don't use filthy language!" 
"It doesn't suit you, buttercup. So, uh uh. Zip it." Tequila agreed.
Hannah just laughed at them. "'I'm trying to be intimidating."
"Nice try, baby girl. But don't even do that again." Rocco shook her head as they laughed at Hannah's pouting lips.
All of them decided to leave the cafeteria which was actually deserted from anyone since Xena had the place rented while they dined inside. 
"See you again, es." Tequila smirked before she got in the car.
"See you guys!" Hannah waved at them while the rest of the girls nodded to her.
"You think she gonna manage this set up?" Rocco asked Xena, ushering Hannah's car when it drove away from there.
"I don't know. That little one is quite handful and what is that she's bringing with her?" Xena asked as she too got in the car along with Rocco. They drove from there followed by the car of their body guards behind.
"The waist bag?" Rocco noticed.
"Yeah."
Rocco chuckled. "That's actually random stuff. Medical kits tucked in there and many things in case she tripped and hurt herself."
Xena let a smile because of that. "What a klutz."
"Yeah but she's cute. I wanted to squish her sometimes." Rocco stated. "So are you sure we gonna do this?" she referred to the bet that  they made in the cafe.
"We made an ought already." Xena pointed out.
"Yep. It means this matter is pretty serious." Rocco laughed.
"Besides, I wanna enjoy real high school and college life before I lead the clan."
"Me too." Rocco agreed