Chapter 3

Uno Amore

Hannah sat promptly at her own seat while the class adviser got in the classroom. The rest of the students eyed her since she was the newcomer of the class who got enrolled in the middle of fourth year school term.  
"Okay, class, let's welcome Hannah Kwon." the class adviser motioned Hannah to stand up in front of the class. When she did so, a huge smile was pasted on her face while she roamed her eyes around. "Would you like to introduce yourself?"
"Ah yes. Thank you, Mrs. Kim." Hannah politely said to the adviser before she faced the class. "Hello, My name is Hannah Kwon. I'm so happy to be in this class with you. Please be easy on me." she ended with a bow while the class clapped their hands after.
"What's that in your waist?" asked a girl in a class.
Hannah bowed to her waist before she looked to her classmates. "This is my magic bag pack."
The class laughed at her while she joined them.
"Well, what's inside the bag?" another question from a boy in the class.
"Anything. I put my snacks here sometimes. But mostly it's my first aids, in case I got hurt or trip." Hannah answered cheerfully.
"Are you clumsy?" Asked another of her classmate.
"Yeah. It's on my blood." Hannah laughed while the other shook their heads. 
Their attentions got stolen to a guy in white uniform who barged in the class with heavy breathing. He then hid behind the door of the classroom.
"Excuse me? What is a third year student doing in a senior's class?" Asked the adviser to the guy but he didn't answer him as he shut the door behind instead.

Hannah peaked through to see who was the adviser was talking to. Her eyes twinkled in recognition. The man she once saw below the registrar's building who was surrounded with girls. She turned to her classmates when they were saying something in low voices as if they recognize him too.
"That's Jason Lee, isn't it?" asked the girl to her seat mate.
"Yeah. That guy is super famous around here." the other girl said.
"Well, he's quite a catch." the girls giggled.
Hannah returned her attention to their class adviser who approached this Jason guy.
"Go back to your class, Jason Lee." the adviser said.
"Give me a moment." Jason finally spoke while he peeked through the window. And just on time, groups of crazy fangirls were running in the hallway looking for him. They were literally carrying gifts to give to him. When those girls can't find him, they left the area.
"Tough day, bud?" one of the boys in the class asked Jason.
Jason only looked at the boy before he nodded and clutched his chest while he tried to hide the pain on his face.
Hannah was about to help him but he already exited the classroom, murmuring his apologies to the class adviser for the disturbance he caused.
"I'll have them disciplined, Jason. Go back to your classroom now." Mrs. Kim promised while Jason only nodded.
When Mrs. Kim saw Hannah ushered Jason with her eyes, the class adviser smiled at her. "Are you having a crush to the school's prince, Hannah?" 
Hearing this, the whole class teased their new classmates while Hannah only laughed at them. 

"No. But I'm worried of him. He looked sick, Mrs. Kim. Please have him check." Hannah said before she gone back to her seat while the rest of the class turned to her and thought of her to be a sweet girl.
"I'll look to it as per advised of our little girl here." Mrs. Kim agreed while the class chuckled. "But in case you don't know, those who are running for a school valedictorian, please be advised that this little girl right here, is lethally smart and in line to get the award."
Reese and Tony turned to Hannah in wonder since she didn't look like it. But they could welcome her into the competition.
"I expect a healthy competition in the class. Okay?" Mrs. Kim reminded.
"NEH!" the whole class agreed.
After the class, Mrs. Kim went into staffroom of third year's teachers to see for the class adviser of Jason Lee.
"Hi, Mrs. Yang. Can I see you for a minute?" Mrs. Kim asked.
"Yes. Yes. Please come in." Mrs. Yang gestured a chair for Mrs. Kim. "What is it?
"Oh it's about the popular boy in your class."
"Jason Lee? He didn't attend the class today." Mrs. Yang said.
"Actually he's in school but had been running around from all the fangirls he's having." Mrs. Kim chuckled shaking her head.
"Again? The boy isn't a celebrity idol and yet he's this popular." Mrs. Yang stated. "I'm worried about his studies."
"He hid in my class a moment ago." Mrs. Kim said. "And one of my students noticed that he seemed sick. She asked me to check on him."
Mrs. Yang momentarily paused before she nodded to Mrs. Kim. "I'll call the attention of the principal to address this problem of my student." 
"That's a good plan." Mrs. Kim remarked.
***
"Hannah over here!" Called out Tony from one of the tables in the cafeteria. He was eating Reese and Cato.
Hannah went to their tables while carefully bringing her tray of food.
Tony stood up to meet her. "I got it, little girl. Go ahead on the table." 
"Thanks Tony." Hannah beamed at him.
"We don't want you tripping again with a tray on your face." Tony said as he placed Hannah's tray to the table while she sat beside Reese.
"Where have you been?" Reese asked.
"In the library. I need to look for something." Hannah answered, starting to eat her lunch. "
"What is it?" Cato asked.
"About the topic in our science class. I can't quite grasp it." Hannah confessed truthfully.
"You can come in the house and study more." Reese offered.
"Really? I'd love it!" Hannah beamed.
"Sure. Dad and mom will be glad I'm making friend with some girl in the class instead of these two gorillas." Reese referred to Tony and Cato who only grinned at her.
"Wae? You're beautiful and can easily make friends with everyone." Hannah stated.
"That's what you think. Some girls in the class hates her." Cato jabbed his thumb to Reese.
"Why?" Hannah put down her sandwich in the plate after she took some bite.
Reese just scrunch her nose to Hannah and sipped on her Yakult. "Don't know. I don't like them either." she dismissed.
"Well, their loss and it's my gain." Hannah siad confidently making Cato and Tony chuckled when they saw Reese reddening at Hannah's remark. They knew their friend had the hard time in class although she was smart but no one really like her genuinely like Hannah did.
"S-so...Saturday?" Reese raised her question to Hannah in bowed head.
"Yes! Yes! I'm bringing snacks." Hannah offered.
"Peesh. Don't bother little girl." Cato dismissed.
"Don't bother what?" Hannah turned to him.
"In bringing snacks. Reese has loads of it." Tony said but then grunted when Reese elbowed his stomach. "It's true, you little pig." 
Reese was about to raise her close fist to Tony's shoulder when Hannah gasp at such information. 
"OMG. I got lots of snacks too in the house. You can come over next time. I'm inviting you guys for some sleep over." Hannah clapped her hands and literally bouncing on her seat.
"Yah yah yah. Settle down you girl." Cato held Hannah's shoulder to make her stop from bouncing. "It's bad in the stomach if you dribble like that in your seat."
"Oh yeah. Stomach acid. Geez. Not good." Hannah agreed and turned to Reese. "So Saturday, I'm coming in the morning and-" she looked up in startlement upon hearing the incoming fangirls' screaming while Jason still tried to escape from them.
"If being handsome has troubles like that, I'd rather be ordinary." Cato said.
"Don't worry, you're sooooo ordinary." Reese shot in boredom.

Cato reached for Reese' cheeks and pinched them sideways making Hannah and Tony laughed at their expense.
When the guys in the table were busy in their conversation, Hannah looked to the window where she saw the Jason guy ran away from those girls. She wished he's alright since he's rather sick while he run around like that.