chapter 10

Uno Amore

In the White Skull's building which could be likened into an edifice to its largeness, Jason and TOP ushered both Hannah and Reese with their eyes down the ground.
"What if they fail, boss?" TOP asked.
"They need to transfer school or suffer to be bullied around the institute." Jason simply said, placing his hands on his pocket, looking up the sky after those women disappeared by the corner.
"They got the eyes of all sororities." TOP pointed out.
"Then they better work hard to get in the guild. You know I won't take any weak members." Jason turned to his direction. "I owe that woman for some favor but that doesn't mean I'll play bad boy protector to her every time she got in trouble."
TOP nodded at Jason's principle and stared at the wall inside the office where the White Skull's five articles were written.
"They passed the first value." TOP said.
"They may have. But we still have four to go down." Jason said. "Don't hold back on the second one next week."
TOP nodded again, ushering Jason who got inside with his eyes. He wondered if he really wanted those women in the guild when he's intent to drive them out.
Looking down the ground, TOP saw Jason walked his way to the adjacent building where the school prefects situated. He then got inside and once again threw a glance to the second value. Intelligence. 
No. It wont be competing in a contest for academics but Skull had different definition of it. For being excellent in academes is required for all eighty members in the guild. So intelligence shall be measured into practical practice-a battle of schemes in the war zone. 
TOP felt sorry for those women. They could have been better off joining sorority after taking few hits and bruises. But they had trespassed the guild. They might have thought they were saved by Skull but it wasn't the case. For the boss seemed to want them out the guild after suffering a great deal in the excuse of hazing.
A man coming TOP's way made him unset his eyes from the wall then to Jae. 
"You call for me?" Jae asked.
"We got second arrangement coming by next week." TOP said.
Jae smirked to TOP then. "So they made it to first?"
"For now but you know Skull. You passed four and fail one of fives, you wont make it the guild." TOP said, making Jae concede.
"So what kind of arrangement then?" Jae asked after awhile.
"The Belligerent game."TOP said straight up, ignoring how Jae stiffened momentarily.
"You can't be serious." Jae didn't mean to sound protesting but knowing the game is hard even to men, he can't help it.
"Skull's order." rounded the table and began to withdraw for the files under the drawer. When he saw the stapled files, he slid it in the table towards Jae's direction.
Jae looked at the papers with list of the other guilds who have serious animosity to the White Skull. 
"Take one guild with recent engagements to us and make them join the opposing team."TOP instructed.
"You sure about this?" Jae asked once again. "If these are men initiation, I wont hesitate to hop my way to other guilds and bait them bones like a dog to play in a game."
"Just do it, Jae." TOP said.
Nabbing the files off the table, Jae muttered a curse under his breath and went his way.
*********************************************************
[3:45 P. M.]
"How can we even wear this? It's too big for both of us." Reese pointed out, eyeing the metal circlet on her thumb. The raven's eyes glittered red as the sunlight hit it once in awhile.
"I think I have two necklace in the treasure box." Hannah said, observing the circlet too with interest. Her hand in knuckle all the time to prevent the ring from falling the ground. "And these are quite expensive, by the way."
"Mwo?"
"Like it cost a fortune."
Hannah gestured her ring to Reese this time, "It's crystalline carbon. All of them." 
Reese's eyes widened staring at the skull ornamented with tiny colorless stones around it. "You reckon that these are real diamonds?"
Hannah nodded and gestured to Reese. "Yours,are real rubies, Bommie."
Reese gulped in nervousness as she literally took off the circlet off her thumb and put it to the safety of her bag.
"What are you doing?" Hannah asked.
"Hiding it. I'm sometimes clumsy with jewelries, tokkie. My mom gave up giving me one after I lost one from another."
"Maybe I should really consider hiding mine too." Hannah took off the ring but drop it to the ground as it roll far from them.
"OMO." Reese even raced with Hannah towards the ring, afraid to lose such precious circlet.
But before they could even to one another step, they were shoved back the instant, making Hannah and Reese down to their butts.
"Ouch..." Hannah complained, rubbing her bottom.
Reese winced in slight pain before she looked up to the women crowding them. "D-Hannah..."
But Hannah was a little pre-occupied in looking for that ring again. When her eyes saw the ring beside the few pairs of feet in front, she crawled towards it and smiled when she fisted the ring with relief.
"Hannah..." Reese called out again.
Of course Hannah was aware of the shoving and the crowd of women towering over them but she only stood up and pulled Reese off the ground.
"That wasn't very nice, was it?" Hannah asked no one in particular, while she busied herself cleaning off Reese' clothes with dirt.
Hannah was shoved once again by one woman on her ponytail. She looked at her shoulder where the woman touched her before she looked at her.
"Feeling almighty? Huh?" The woman asked. "You trespassing the White Skull guild made you so cocky huh?" 
The students passing over them began to crowd the commotion too. It was well known in the school that Hannah and Reese were the first women in the history of Men's guild to be initiated for membership.
"What's your problem, 'Tilda?" Hannah asked in small voice.
Tilda poked Hannah and Reese' head rather firmly, making them step back a little. "You. You pests are the sore eyes of all soreness around here."
"We didn't do anything to the Pinks, did we?" Hannah said calmly, looking around and saw Harley with her dimwits joined in the circle of the bullies. "And to the Reds in this case."
"Yeah but my boyfriend in Blue Pearl got beat up good." Harley said with contempt.
"Not our fault." Hannah muttered making the agitation on the girls increase as they pushed them more. 
Reese began to whimper when someone grabbed her hair and Hannah protested when her waist bag got pulled off her waist and slammed down the ground.
"AH!" Reese couldn't anymore stopped to exclaim in rather loud voice when she got pulled up the ground by the women in pinks while Hannah had her share from Harley and her bunch of dummies.
Hannah reached out Tilda's hand off Reese hair and twisted it in angel that made her howl so loudly. The pinks distanced themselves in shock as they eyed Hannah pushed her down the ground.
"Don't touch my friend, Tilda." Hannah glared at the leader of the Pinks before she faced Harley and stepped towards her in anger that it scared the Reds as they stepped back.
"That waist bag is my favorite." Hannah said, bending down to fetch her bag and the items scattering around. She didn't notice Harley and Tilda both charged to Hannah in full force while Reese grip hard on her book and without ado threw it straight to Tilda's face. 
Harley stopped in startlement seeing Tilda down the ground. "!"
Hannah stood up the ground and saw Harley charging towards her with a steel on her knuckle this time. She let go of her bag down the ground again, twisted her body fast into precise move with a ninety degree kick straight to Harley's face.
Everyone saw all that in awe and disbelief while Hannah held the high kick position in couple of second before she looked around to the group of women golems from Pinks and Reds sororities. A couple of minutes or so, Tilda and Harley who were holding their bloodied noses ordered for an onslaught for Hannah and Reese right there.
Instead of running away, Hannah readied herself instead as well as Reese who geared herself with her another thick book on her hand. If goes down there, will be served back to those dummies then.
Bringing the Skull ring to her teeth and bit it, Hannah began tying her hair in fast pace.
At the second floor of the sport's clubhouse, TOP and Jae looked at Jason's reaction when the woman named Hannah readied herself along with Reese beside her.
There was a subtle twitch on Jason's brows after the Skull ring from Hannah's teeth was now brought inside instead, safeguarding it from falling the ground again.
"What a nitwit." Jason muttered under his breath. 
It had been a while since they were the silent spectators of the fight since from the start and like the other men from other guilds, no one should go in between the women fighting at all cost.
"Maybe we should stop them now." Jae voice out while Jason didn't as much as paid them attention while he continued to look down in the fight of two women versus the women in two sororities.
TOP couldn't help himself but agree on Jae when Hannah was tackled down by three women now and received slaps and punch from them. Reese came to the rescue and held her book up to slam it down to Hannah's attackers.
When Hannah had been freed from those women, Reese's hair was pulled behind and it was her turn to receive the blow from Tilda herself.
"Skull-," TOP stepped in but Jason's impassiveness told him to shut up instead.
Jae and TOP had no choice but to watch the fight down them when their boss seemed nonchalant about the woman he claimed as 'friend' was too overwhelmed in the fight now. However, they saw that none of girls back down in the fight and weren't even fighting for themselves alone but for each other.
They noticed that Hannah and Reese created a pattern in the fighting, making them almost unapproachable in the center. 
The fight paused for a minute, giving the audience a chance to see the heavy breathing of the women in fighting. Reds and Pinks were in complete disarrays and mess with their hairs in gazillion directions and bloodied noses. Hannah and Reese on the other hand remained alert and in fighting stance.
Jason couldn't help the smirk on his face and chuckled in bowed head. TOP and Jae looked at his direction then.
"Now I know how your team lost in the first arrangement." he said after awhile, eyes boring down to the ground where the fight was put on hold for brief recess.
"What do you mean, Skull?" TOP asked while Jason jerked his head in front.
"Schemer and Executioner." Jason simply said.
Jae and TOP saw for themselves what the boss meant. 
Hannah seemed to say something which made Reese nodded attentively to her words. 
It didn't take long before the Reds and Pink began to attack again making Hannah and Reese in autopilot and retaliated more precisely rather than blindly fighting them off. 
When Reese's book flown to one of the Reds' girls, she got nothing to fight but with her fist. Hannah said something about hitting the attacker straight on their face. So with gritted teeth, Reese began to punch, duck and kick the women on her peripheral views, taking note not to focus only on straight front. 
Reese had no more regard where Hannah was since she was busy reciting the attack on her head. Punch precisely, duck on time, kick the feet of the women if not to stop them attacking but to cease it even in brief moment. And boy she was doing so fine as if she'd been a thug for a very long time.
Hannah had given her last blow to both of the leaders faces while shaking her hand after the painful contact on their faces. Seeing her friend Reese was doing fine, Hannah collapsed to the pavement instead with heavy panting and just let her friend finished her share.
With one last duck and kick to the last woman from Reds, Reese collapsed to the pavement too and searched for Hannah and grinned at her direction. Both of them laughed out loud when they saw their teeth reddened with bruised gums. 
They ignored the other women from other sororities on standby and not joining the fight most especially after seeing the three high ranks of White Skull watching the fight above in the clubhouse with nonchalance.
The Reds and the Pinks down in the pavement, grunting and cursing in pain they earned in the fight.
"You es." Harley said pushing herself from the ground along with Tilda.
"Stay down, Harley." Hannah turned to her.
"You too." Reese told Tilda.
"We're not done yet." Harley and Tilda swore under her breath before their attentions went up the clubhouse at the second floor when the leader of Black Teas said about Skull watching the fight.
Hannah and Reese whipped their heads in the clubhouse too and saw Skull, TOP and a tall man inNanahd witnessed the fight.
There wasn't any emotion on the White Skull guild's boss as he leaned over the parapet wall with dead eyes as if the eyes of the other students weren't directed to him.
There was silence then as Skull studied the victors in silence before he spoke his thoughts. "You nitwits." he addressed Hannah and Reese who stood up the ground after picking up their things off the ground.
Jason pushed himself from the parapet and began to trudge down the stairs with TOP and Jae behind him.
The students gave way for them as they headed to Hannah and Reese who were in bowed heads in the presence of the guild's boss.
Tilting his head in boredom, Jason continued to chew on his bubble gum and studied the girls before him.
"We didn't start the fight." Hannah had no idea why she sounded like reasoning out.
"You're not the obedient type, are you lassie?" Jason voice out and Hannah secretly pouted at that.
"What did we do?" Hannah asked and blinked awkwardly.
"You didn't wear the ring I gave you." Jason said and turned to Reese this time, "You too, clot."
Hannah and Reese looked at each other, quite getting how could have they been out from trouble if they didn't remove the ring off their fingers moments ago.
"It's too...big." Hannah lamely said.
Heaving a Nanahp sigh, Jason reached to unlock his silver necklace before he held his hand to Hannah's front.
"The ring" he said.
Hannah blinked at him in a moment before she remembered the thing inside . She bent her head down to his open palm and spit the circlet in there. 
Jason then slid the ring to the necklace and put it on her neck quickly.
Reese had also been in the same position with TOP doing the same to her.
After that, Jason placed his hand above Hannah's head and patted it before exiting the area along with TOP and Jae.
Hannah and Reese was left dumbfounded for awhile before they looked around to the murmurings of the students.
"It's skull's ring. He's under his protection." one student said.
"Better not mess up with them." another student said.
"Is she Skull's girlfriend?"
"Is she TOP's girlfriend?"
"They're not even that pretty."
And there are many more but Hannah and Reese ignored it and went her way as they high five each other along the way.
*********************************************************

 

 

 

Sparrow101: 

See u when i see u.