crickets.

ven para.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojin begins to make her way through the dark, shaded forest. Fireflies blink their light as the moon shines above her, giving a little bit of light to the dark, looming atmosphere. Crickets chirp and frogs croak around her, making the silent forest a bit less silent.

A breeze blows in the warm summer night air, making Soojin shiver slightly. She wraps her arms around herself to try to keep herself warm. 

She is wearing a very simple outfit, especially since she expects to get dirty. She is wearing blue jeans and a white tanktop, which is tucked in into her jeans with a belt. Her arms are lightly covered by a thin black jacket. She is wearing brown work boots on her feet. She is wearing her vampire hunter badge on her chest, which has her name engraved on it. Despite the jacket, she still feels a chill in the air whenever the breeze blows.

She stays alert, glancing around cautiously for any signs of vampires or other sources of danger, moving one hand so it is placed on her crossbow, which is slinged over her shoulder.

Soojin makes it to the common training grounds, which is apparently where Hyewon went missing. She searches the small field for any sign of the young vampire hunter in training. But there is nothing.

Soojin decides to stray out of the training grounds, hoping to find some sort of clue elsewhere. 

When she starts looking through the surrounding forest, she notices something glistening in the moonlight. She immediately heads over to investigate. Once she gets closer, she realizes exactly what it is. It is Hyewon's badge. It is a golden vampire in training badge with Hyewon's name engraved on it.

Soojin starts to have a sinking feeling in her chest. Something bad must have happened to Hyewon for her to lose this. She picks the badge up off the ground and puts it in her pocket.

The feeling only gets worse when Soojin finds a piece of fabric hanging off a tree sapling. It is not just any piece of fabric, but a piece of fabric torn off the shirt Hyewon was wearing yesterday. Soojin can't help but keep thinking that maybe Jiyoon was right. The vampires likely got ahold of her and killed her. 

But it didn't make sense to Soojin.

As far as Soojin knows, vampires are strictly nocturnal. The sunlight damages them, so they only come out of their lairs at night. They wouldn't go out hunting in the middle of the day. So... what could have happened to Hyewon then? She has no idea.

That's why she needs to find her and figure out the truth of what happened to her.

Even if she ends up finding Hyewon's dead body, at least it would give all of them some sort of closure. Especially Hyewon's family... Soojin can't imagine how they must feel right now with her missing.

Soojin continues searching through the darkness, her desire to keep looking becoming stronger the longer she searches. She won't stop until she finds her, even if it means she is declared missing too. She hates worrying her father, but he will be so proud when she returns with a living Hyewon.

Soojin starts feeling a disturbing energy surrounding her. Then, she finds the source. Off in the distance, standing in the fog, is a vampire.

The vampire is beautiful and alluring, even from a distance. A female vampire. She seems a bit taller than Soojin, as vampires tend to be a bit taller than humans. Maybe she's around 171 centimeters tall? Or 172? She's unsure. She has long dark hair, a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter