the search.

ven para.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin's search for Hyewon continues.

She has been ill for the entire first week of her pregnancy, so she hasn't been able to search then. But now that she is feeling better, she is back on her mission.

Now that the sun is rising, Soojin gets out of Soeun's bed so she can occupy it when she gets back. She slings her crossbow over her shoulder and gets ready to head out. She has learned she can't eat in the mornings or else she'll get sick, so she will just have to wait until later to eat.

Right when Soojin is about to reach and open the door, it suddenly flies open. There stands Soeun, seemingly exhausting after a night of searching for Hyewon. Soojin is so glad that she has stepped up to help her in her search.

"Any luck?" Soojin asks, her eyes wide as she looks over at the vampire who enters the lair.

"Nope," Soeun responds. "Though... I am in a bit of a dilemma now," she mentions, immediately heading over to her bed and plopping down on it.

"What is it?" Soojin asks curiously, walking over towards her vampire lover.

"I got my best friend Jimin to start searching for Hyewon with me," Soeun brings up. Soojin is glad to hear this. Knowing Soeun, this Jimin vampire probably isn't so bad either. It's great to have another set of eyes looking out for her. "But... there's a catch."

"What's the catch?" Soojin asks with a small groan, hoping it is nothing too bad.

"I have to find her a female human partner," Soeun sighs. "Soojin, ever since I told her about you, she's been so jealous of me. She really wants a partner like you too. She's starving just as I was and she also has a strong desire to reproduce," she lays back on her bed, resting her head against the soft pillow. "The thing is... I have no idea how to get her one! And if I don't find her one, it might end our friendship! Or even worse, she might attack me!"

"Seriously?!" Soojin groans again. "Why did you make a deal like that? Now are you going to ask me to find a partner for your friend?"

"...How did you know?" Soeun asks. Soojin responds with another loud groan.

"As if I don't already have enough to deal with," Soojin sighs. "And I have no idea who would want to be her partner. Every human female I know would try to kill her instead," she murmurs, sitting down on Soeun's bed.

"Please," Soeun nearly begs, reaching over from her spot on the bed and hugging the sitting Soojin from behind. Soojin lets out a sigh.

"Fine, I'll try my best," Soojin responds, smiling slightly as Soeun hugs her from behind. "But no promises I would be able to find one."

"Jimin has been out hunting herself too, but no luck," Soeun shares. "I think she's close to giving up."

"Well... I hope she finds one herself and we don't have to try to find one for her," Soojin sighs, but hopes that it isn't one of her friends from the guild. From what she has heard from Soeun about Jimin just now, she does not seem as nice as Soeun is.

"I hope so too," Soeun responds, smiling softly as she rests her tired head against Soojin's back. "How are you feeling this morning, by the way?" She asks as she loosens the back hug slightly, resting a gentle hand on Soojin's abdomen, which has grown a bit in the past week.

"I feel alright," Soojin assures Soeun, resting her palm on top of Soeun's hand. "But I'm about to head out and go searching while you sleep. Please stay safe. I know now is when the vampire hunters usually start patrolling."

"I will, I promise. You stay safe too. For not just your sake, but for our daughter's sake too," Soeun speaks softly, closing her tired eyes momentarily before opening them again. She then lets go of Soojin.

Soojin turns and allows her lips to meet Soeun's. They deepen their kiss, allowing themselves to get into it. Soeun rests her hands on Soojin's waist as Soojin presses her lips against Soeun's own. After a good ten seconds, their lips part. 

Soojin smiles softly at Soeun after their kiss, waving goodbye to Soeun.

"Goodbye. Stay safe," Soojin says, blowing Soeun a kiss.

"Bye, you too," Soeun responds, sighing with satisfaction as she lays her head back on the pillow.

Soojin then leaves the lair and steps out into the warm, bright sunlight. She decides she should go a different direction today, so she continues her search.

This search ended up with no luc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter