a happy ending.

ven para.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since the incident and several things have changed.

The people of the vampire hunting guild realized that there are some good vampires out there, such as Soeun. So, they are keeping up their hunting afforts but only target vampires they know are aggressive. 

Soojin's father realized what he did was a mistake and apologized to Soojin. Although Soojin accepted his apology, she decided to quit the hunting guild and cut all ties to her father. Maybe it is for the best.

Soojin was released from the hospital after one day once they noticed she didn't have many internal or external injuries from the birth. However, Soeun is still in the hospital a week later, recovering from surgery on her arm.

Soojin decides she should finally take time to visit Soeun at the hospital, so she heads right over, along with a special guest.

Soojin speedwalks through the halls of the hospital, heading straight to Soeun's hospital room with her guest following closely behind her.

When Soojin steps into the hospital room, Soeun's face seems to light up with joy.

"Soojin!" Soeun smiles wide, although a bit out of it due to meds.

Soojin begins to cry immediately, heading right over to Soeun's bedside and grabbing a hold of her hand. 

"Don't cry," Soeun responds, pulling Soojin into a tight embrace the best she could. Soojin enjoys feeling Soeun's touch yet again. She has been missing it a lot over the past week.

"Where's Eunjin? What did you decide to do with her?" Soeun asks curiously, wondering what Soojin decided to do with their deceased infant.

Soojin just responds by holding up a small box.

"She's in here. I decided to get her cremated," Soojin informs Soeun, which causes her to frown. "What we do with her ashes is up to you."

"I think we should just keep her in the box..." Soeun responds, holding onto Soojin's arm with her good hand. 

"Okay, then that's how she will stay," Soojin responds, sniffing as she wipes her eyes on her sleeve. "Guess what babe?"

"What is it?" Soeun asks curiously.

"I quit the hunting guild. Cut all ties with my father. We had an argument but I think it is what's best. He kept me grounded in the house ever since I got back from the hospital and kept lecturing me. I hated it," Soojin informs her. "Plus, they're making some changes to the guild so they only hunt vampires known to be aggressive to humans."

"Good," Soeun responds as she smiles a little at this news. "Your father and the guild almost got me killed. I'm glad you cut ties with them."

"I want to live with you from now on," Soojin tells her, holding hands. "Otherwise I have nowhere else to stay."

"Of course. Why wouldn't I want you to stay with me?" Soeun smiles slightly, showing her fangs. "That's even better than you just coming to visit occasionally."

"I know. I missed you so much this past week. I've... been feeling so... depressed," Soojin admits with a heavy sigh. "When we lost Eunjin, I felt like I lost a part of me. I feel so broken... I blame myself."

"I feel the same way... but at least we still have each other," Soeun frowns, giving Soojin's hand a light squeeze. "We can make it through this. And it's not your fault we lost her. You could not foresee that."

"Oh, I have something important to tell you," Soojin mentions once she realizes she has not brought it up yet.

"What is it?" Soeun asks, wondering what else she has to tell her.

"I found someone for Jimin," Soojin mentions. "We've talked a lot over the past week and she told me she would be interested in giving it a shot. Even if it doesn't turn out well, at least we would have tried."

Soojin then turns and beckons for the person out in the hall to step inside. And out comes...

Jaehee.

Soeun is shocked by this news, but looks over at Jaehee with a smile. Just by looking at her, she knows Jimin would like her. 

"Hi...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter