ill.

ven para.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Soojin lets out a sigh as she leaves Soeun's lair to finally get back on with her search for Hyewon. Now that she's away from home, she decided it would be best for her to search during the day when vampires are not active. Though, she will have to return to Soeun's lair before she wakes up, or she knows the vampire will be angry.

Soojin does not feel that great this morning. Her stomach is churning and she feels extra saliva production in . She feels nauseous as she steps out into the sunlight front the darkness of the cobblestone lair, feeling the breakfast Soeun got her from the city start to creep its way back up. But she swallows it back down. She cannot afford to get sick when she has a mission to do. It can wait.

Soojin presses her hand onto her painful stomach as to try to calm it. She continues walking, crossbow slung around her shoulder. 

"That damn food... Soeun needs to do better... I shouldn't allow someone who only consumes blood to find me food..." Soojin mumbles under her breath, afraid that she will puke if she opens any more. The food Soeun gave her for breakfast must not be sitting well. She feels a lot of stomach pain and nausea, but keeps moving. She cannot waste any time.

She does not even get a half a kilometer from the lair until the food in her stomach suddenly shoots back up out of her body with a heavy heave. Her stomach's contents then come right back out the way they came from, Soojin leaning downwards as it does so. 

After Soojin finishes, she scrunches her nose in disgust. 

"Gross..." She mumbles. She debates whether she should keep going or turn around and spend the day in Soeun's lair until she feels better. Since she does not feel any better after puking, Soojin decides to turn back around and head back to Soeun's lair. She can get back to her mission when she feels better. This is just a little hurdle that she can overcome.

When Soojin steps back into Soeun's dark lair, she accidentally wakes her up by accidentally tripping over something on the floor, but catching herself from falling.

"Hello..." Soeun speaks with a tired voice, stretching her arms out before rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?"

"I'm not sure, but sometime in the morning. The sun hasn't reached the midpoint in the sky yet," Soojin answers with a shrug. "You need to start making better food choices for me. I went to go continue my search for Hyewon but I ended up puking up the breakfast you gave me. I still don't feel well at all."

"Soojin, my food choices are just fine," Soeun protests with a huff. "You're just pregnant."

Soojin's eyes widen and she slowly turns her head in the direction of Soeun.

"I'm... what?" Soojin asks, making sure she heard her right.

"Pregnant," Soeun repeats, rubbing her tired eyes gently.

"There's no way," Soojin responds as she drops her crossbow gently on the wood floor. "I know we had last night, but there's no way I would be pregnant and showing signs this soon."

"Soojin, I can literally sense the hormones," Soeun deadpans, wondering if Soojin had forgotten that Soeun is a vampire for a second. "Plus, you would be showing signs. You're not pregnant with a human baby. You're pregnant with a vampire baby. When a human is pregnant with a vampire, the vampire grows much faster. The whole process is sped up. You would be at full term at four weeks instead of forty."

"Four weeks?" Soojin asks. She's a bit relieved to hear that her pregnancy would be short-lived so it would be less of an obstacle for her mission to find Hyewon. Though she is worried about bringing another vampire into the world, she wouldn't mind bearing Soeun's child. Despite it being a monster child. She just worries about what her father would think about this. Soojin shudders at the thought. He doesn't have to ever know, right? Soeun can raise the baby while Soojin can return with Hyewon by her side in a month as if nothing happened. She is also considered about how this would impact her search for Hyewon and if it would hold her back at all.

Wait, it is already holding her back from her search. She literally is unable to search today because she doesn't feel well.

"Yeah, just four weeks," Soeun confirms as she sluggishly gets up from her bed. She grabs a bucket from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter