missing.

ven para.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Soojin has never been expected to live an ordinary life.

Being the daughter of the leader of the region's vampire hunting guild, she has had high expectations placed on her from a young age. Even as a child, she has been told that she will have to follow her father's footsteps one day and lead the guild once he dies or retires. 

So, Soojin is always eager to try to prove herself worthy.

Now having turned 20, she has been promoted to an amateur vampire hunter, a step up from being a trainee. 

Her father's vampire hunter guild is the designated one for the region. The hunters go on separate patrols and assignments to work towards the main goal of wiping out vampires. They only hunt in the day though, which is when vampires are not active. Vampires are damaged by sunlight, so they stay in their lairs during the day, usually spending the daytime sleeping. It is much safer and they have a better chance of killing vampires, usually by killing them as they are sleeping.

Every human is taught to be extremely fearful of vampires, even young children. She remembers the horror stories her father would tell her as a child. How they would track humans down in the darkness of the night with their heightened senses, night vision, and hunger for blood. How they would grab unsuspecting humans and bite their necks with their sharp fangs like needles, injecting fatal venom into their bodies and their blood dry.

Even the laws of the nation instill this fear, as no one is allowed to go out alone after dark for their own safety. If they are caught, they are fined. 

Vampires have some defining supernatural traits. They are easily distinguished by their two sharp fangs and their more muscular bodies. They are also stronger and faster than humans, being able to run about five times faster than humans at their top speed. So, never try outrunning a vampire. It won't work. Vampires contain a deadly venom that if a human gets bitten by one, they die within only a few minutes. They hunt animals too, though human blood is their favorite and enjoy the thrill of hunting humans much more.

Not only that, but humans are necessary for vampire reproduction. Male vampires are unable to impregnate female vampires, so both vampire es turn to impregnating human females. That is part of the reason why women need to be even more careful when it comes to vampires. If it were not for humans, the vampire population would die out. 

Soojin has been taught from a very young age that vampires are the absolute worst and they must be exterminated at all costs. So, she holds that belief very strongly.

Soojin even knows people who have been killed by vampires. One of her closest friends as a vampire hunter in training was killed when he disobeyed orders and separated from the patrol he was on. 

Her own mother was killed by a vampire, which is what drove her father to become the leader of the vampire hunting guild.

It is safe to say that Soojin's father has been overly protective of her since.

Soojin arrives at the vampire hunting guild's base alongside her father. The base is a large building that once was an abandoned warehouse. Now, it has been turned into a whole hangout space for vampire hunters. There is a room that is filled with weapons meant for killing vampires, a kitchen and dining area, as well as a podium and seats for when there are announcements and special meetings. 

As soon as Soojin steps inside, she immediately starts listening to the other amateur hunters gossip alongside some trainees.

"I can't believe she went missing! I really hope she's alright," Soojin overhears one of them say. She becomes intruiged and immediately walks over to jump into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter