Nine

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting where Dahyun finally introduced Mina and Minji to the group, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu had not spoken again. That night Tzuyu had returned home accompanied by Jihyo and had only said goodbye to Chaeyoung with a chaste kiss on her cheek and a simple "goodbye". 

 

At least three days had passed since then. Chaeyoung knew that Tzuyu was angry with her and decided to give her some space. She knew what she had to do but she was still afraid to face that conversation with her girlfriend.

 

She inhaled once and exhaled slowly, her heart beating fast as she tapped twice on the door. Seconds later the door opened revealing Tzuyu. Her serious expression made Chaeyoung's heart skip a beat.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hello." 

 

"I... Can we talk?" Chaeyoung asked with some hesitation. 

 

Tzuyu seemed to think about it for a couple of seconds but finally opened the door all the way and stepped aside to let Chaeyoung in. The Taiwanese woman returned to the living room where she seemed to have been watching a movie.

 

"What did you want to talk about?" she sat back down on the couch, crossing her arms. Chaeyoung knew that this harsh behavior of Tzuyu's was a mask she used to hide her true feelings. She would do this when she felt hurt and now Chaeyoung felt guilty for being the one who caused Tzuyu to get hurt. 

 

"About what happened at the restaurant.... I'm sorry Tzu. I didn't mean to make you feel bad, you have to believe me" Chaeyoung sat next to Tzuyu, a little apart. "I know how much you want to start a family with me, and believe me I want the same thing too, but I don't know if I'm ready to do it yet." 

 

The hurt look Tzuyu gave her made Chaeyoung feel like the worst person in the world and she wanted to beat herself up for hurting the girl like this, but this was the right thing to do and Chaeyoung had to be honest about her feelings. 

 

"You never said anything about it."

 

"I know but you looked so happy with the idea of having a baby with me and I didn't have the right to ruin your dream. I was scared, I was afraid that if I told you the truth you were going to leave me because I wasn't ready yet" Chaeyoung said, her eyes lowered without being able to look at Tzuyu directly because she didn't want to see the disappointment in her eyes. 

 

"You think I'm going to leave you for something like that?" Tzuyu asked. It hurt to know that Chaeyoung and her weren't on the same page about the idea of having a baby, but it hurt even more that her girlfriend felt insecure about their relationship. "Look at me please." 

 

Tzuyu moved a little closer and Chaeyoung lifted her head to look at her girlfriend. 

 

"You are the only person I want to be with, the only person I want to start a family with" Chaeyoung was about to cry and Tzuyu wedged her face in her hands. "I'm not going to leave you because you're not ready to. We still have time and I'm going to wait for you for as long as it takes."

 

"So you're not mad at me?"

 

Tzuyu smiled at Chaeyoung's little pout, "No, I'm not. But please talk to me when you feel that way."

 

Chaeyoung didn't answer and just threw herself on Tzuyu, hugging her and resting her head on her chest. Tzuyu wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung and settled better on the couch, the two of them lying down. 

 

"I love you Chaeng."

 

"I love you so much more." 

 

They stayed there for the rest of the afternoon, snuggling with a blanket and watching Disney movies. 

 

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

When Dahyun woke up that morning and opened her eyes slowly adjusting to the light filtering through the window blinds, she quickly noticed that she wasn't in her room and that she wasn't alone in bed either, when she felt a body move next to her settling more against Dahyun's body in search of warmth for that rather chilly morning. 

 

"Good morning." 

 

"What happened, what did we do?" Dahyun tried to remember, the events of last night were a bit of a blur in her mind. 

 

"We didn't have if that's what you're worried about" she let out a giggle and shifted a little to look at Dahyun. "We had some wine last night but I guess you had a little too much and before you fell asleep I brought you to my room so you could rest. I couldn't let you drive your car in that state to your house." 

 

Dahyun nodded and looked at the time on her phone, it was almost eleven in the morning and she was still sleeping. Apparently her companion was right and Dahyun drank more than she should have and now the consequences were taking their toll as a pain shot through her head and she closed her eyes tightly. Dahyun was never good at dealing with a hangover after drinking alcohol. 

 

The other woman seemed to notice Dahyun's discomfort because she forced herself out of bed and walked to the bathroom, a few seconds later she was back in the room with medicine and a glass of water to give to the writer.

 

"Take this, it will help with the headache and nausea."

 

"Thanks" Dahyun accepted the medicine and drank it with the glass of water. "I should probably get going now."

 

"Okay, but first let's get some breakfast. You can take a shower if you want, I'll be in the kitchen preparing breakfast" the woman offered her a small smile and walked out the door. Dahyun couldn't help but look at her and sighed. 

 

How did she end up here? 

 

She finally did as the woman told her and dragged her feet into the bathroom to take a hot shower. A few minutes later she came back out wearing more comfortable clothes and joined the woman in the kitchen.

 

"That smells good" the writer commented, glancing at what the doctor was cooking. 

 

"It's Wendy's secret recipe. She taught me how to cook these pancakes when we were in college. I've b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter