Three

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tokyo, Japan

 

Two hours of flying later they finally arrived in Japan.

 

"God, I hate the cold and winter" Dahyun complained hugging herself as they walked outside the airport in search of a cab. "Couldn't your mother live in Jeju or something similar?"

 

"Actually mom prefers winter."

 

"And you say we were married?" the writer said sarcastically.

 

The cab took them to a hotel in the downtown area of the city, where Dahyun had already booked a room for Sana and her to stay for the next few days they were there. Once they checked in, they went upstairs to drop their luggage in the suite and headed back out.

 

"Jeongyeon how nice to see you again!" Minji greeted her driver, who was waiting outside the hotel where Dahyun and Sana were staying. The teenager had called her as soon as they set foot outside the airport.

 

"Miss Minji! Your mother is very worried about you. Somehow she knew you weren't at your friend's house."

 

"Am I in trouble?"

 

"In big trouble, miss" Jeongyeon looked at Minji's two companions. "Is that her?"

 

"Have you seen the resemblance? It's stunning" Minji raised her eyebrows excitedly. The woman nodded in agreement.

 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Miss Dahyun" Jeongyeon said, offering a sincere smile and a slight bow. "Miss Minji has been working on her research for months now and when she told me about it I didn't hesitate to help."

 

"I don't know what to say..."

 

"Nothing. No time to waste, take us to mom's work please" the teenager ordered.

 

Half an hour later they were in front of Mina's work. That was one of the places Dahyun hated in the world, (of course she had her reasons and really she can only remember bad events related to a place like this).

 

She really wonders how she could have been married to Mina, because so far there was no thing they could agree on.

 

"A hospital? Is this a joke?" Dahyun wasn't sure she wanted to walk through those doors.

 

"Yep, mom is a pediatrician, she's one of the best doctors in the region" she said with great pride about her mother. "come on, it's time for you to meet her."

 

Minji entwined her hand with Dahyun's and pulled her into the huge building. Reluctantly, Dahyun let herself be led, with Sana following behind. She was a little surprised as most of the nurses and doctors greeted Minji as she passed. Dahyun meanwhile felt completely strange, she wanted to run far away from there.

 

"Myoui Minji!" Myoui Sharon Mina appeared in all her glory in her office with a noticeable anger towards her daughter. "Who do you think you are to run away like that without my consent! And who are they?" the woman folded her arms waiting for an answer. She glared at Sana and Dahyun before returning her gaze to Minji. The walls were almost shaking at the woman's angry voice.

 

"Mom, I can explain."

 

"That's what I'm waiting to hear."

 

Before Minji could say anything, Mina was called over the loudspeakers urgently to report to the preemie block.

 

"I have to go, go home Minji, we'll talk when I get there" Mina said giving her daughter one last warning look, she left the office as soon as she had arrived.

 

"Okey, I think it's time to go or your mother will kill all three of us" Dahyun put her hands on Minji's shoulders. The teen nodded and silently they left there.

 

Minji knew her mother perfectly well, but still she had never seen her mother so angry. She didn't want to think how she would get when she told him about her "research" and about Kim Dahyun.

 

She was willing to try anyway.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

"Minji?" Mina called out. It was past midnight when she got home after a grueling day at the hospital, and having her daughter "missing" hadn't helped at all. She saw that the kitchen light was still on and walked over. Sure enough, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter