Ten

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina couldn't bear to spend another minute in the same space as Dahyun. She had to think, and seeing the Korean was not helping her conflicting thoughts that were consuming her at all. 

 

She had to lie to Minji about an emergency surgery, being the perfect excuse to be able to escape from there. Mina felt bad about lying to her daughter, the girl looked a little disappointed but she knew that her mother's work could be very unpredictable and was more important than a movie they could watch any other time.

 

Mina kissed her daughter's head, grabbed her purse, her coat, her car keys and walked out the front door almost running down the hallway to the street where her car was parked. 

 

 

 

Mina's words kept repeating over and over in Dahyun's head. She saw the pain in the Japanese woman's eyes and there was something else but Dahyun couldn't figure out what exactly it was. Of course it was all her fault, she wasn't entirely honest with Mina and she didn't tell Irene the truth either.

 

 

Minji continued to watch the movie, Dahyun was sitting next to the girl but her mind wasn't really there. All she could think about was Mina and the need she had to clear things up with the Japanese girl.

 

As if it was a divine sign from the universe, Sana arrived at the apartment around midnight. She had a contented smile on her face and her cheeks were painted a reddish color, perhaps because of the cold of the night or because something else had happened.

 

Dahyun waved to Sana not to make too much noise as Minji had fallen asleep on the couch. She covered the girl's body with a quilt and headed to the kitchen, Sana was sitting at the table eating what was left over from the pizza.

 

"Why are you so happy, did something happen with Rosé?" Dahyun asked her friend who was still smiling. 

 

Sana denied and the mere memory of the events made her blush again. "Rosé had an impromptu meeting with her bosses and had to cancel our date and while I was at Jackson's restaurant, Jihyo came and I invited her to have dinner with me. Anyway, she brought me home and she kissed me!" 

 

"She kissed you? Like here?" Dahyun pointed to his own lips. Sana nodded, unable to hide the smile spreading on her lips.

 

"She did." 

 

"So you guys are a thing now?"

 

"I don't know... We never talked about our feelings but I guess there was always something special between us and Jihyo confessed that she had wanted to kiss me a long time ago" 

 

"Well, I guess I owe Jackson money" Dahyun clicked her tongue. Sana looked at her in confusion. "Oh, it's just that he and I bet on who would make the first move, Jackson said it would be Jihyo and I bet on you." 

 

"I should be offended but I-" Sana suddenly fell silent.

 

"You what?"

 

"Nothing. by the way what is Minji doing here?" Sana quickly changed the topic of conversation.

 

Dahyun's countenance fell and she looked at Sana with guilty eyes as she flashed back to the events a few hours earlier. "I think I screwed up Sana. Mina wants to file for divorce."

 

"What?" 

 

"Mina met Irene."

 

That was enough for Sana to understand why Mina was making that sudden decision. 

 

"Well I don't want to say I told you so, but I really told you so!"

 

"I know, and I'm sorry I didn't listen to you."

 

"What are you going to do now?"

 

"I need to go talk to her"

 

"Now? It's midnight Dahyun"

 

"Yes, now." 

 

Sana sighed, she really wasn't going to stop Dahyun and she could clearly see the guilt on her friend's face.

 

"It's okay. You go, I'll stay with Minji.... And Dahyun?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Be honest with yourself. Tell Mina how you really feel, she deserves to know." 

 

"I will, thank you" she smiled slightly at Sana and left the kitchen, taking her own car keys and before leaving she left a quick kiss on Minji's forehead who was still sleeping peacefully on the couch.

 

 

 

It was past midnight so the traffic in the city had slowed down quite a bit and Dahyun was able to drive without any problems, arriving at Mina's house in less than half an hour. She parked the car in the driveway and pulled up to the front door, knocking a couple of times. She could see the lights on so she knew Mina wasn't asleep yet.

 

After a minute at least the door opened, Dahyun flinched as she saw the indifferent look Mina looked at her with as she opened the door.

 

"What do you want Dahyun?" 

 

"I need to talk to you." 

 

"This isn't the time. We can do this tomorrow" Mina tried to close the door but Dahyun stopped her with her hand, looking with pleading eyes at the Japanese woman.

 

"I can't wait until tomorrow Mina"

 

"I don't want to hear your excuses Dahyun, so, if you don't have anything else to say leave because I don't want to see you right now" Mina wasn't in the mood to put up with Dahyun or listen to what she had to say. She really wasn't sure if she wanted to see Dahyun again and the thought of signing those divorce papers was growing more and more. 

 

Maybe getting away from Dahyun was for the best.

 

The japanese woman closed the door again and Dahyun again avoided it, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter