Four

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Fact: Dahyun and Jeongyeon can speak japanese

 

***

 

 

Two days have passed since Dahyun and Sana arrived in Japan. Which also means that two days have passed since the first and last time Dahyun met Myoui Mina, Minji's mother and apparently Dahyun's wife, although the writer wasn't too sure about the latter.

 

However she or Sana had never heard from Minji or Dr. Myoui again. Dahyun regretted not asking for the teenager's phone number because she had no way to reach her and now the only option for Dahyun was to go back to that hospital and talk to Mina.

 

However that could wait for now. Dahyun has yet to start his new book and the publisher gave her an estimated time to submit the essay, otherwise they are going to reject Dahyun's book.

 

But just as she was about to put her ideas into words, several knocks came from the front door. She left her laptop on the coffee table and with her half-eaten donut moved to the door to open it when it was knocked seconds before.

 

On the other side was Minji, and she didn't come alone. Myoui Mina was standing next to her. Dahyun wasn't going to say it out loud but the brown-eyed brunette managed to intimidate her a little.

 

"Hey girl, what are you guys doing around here?" Dahyun moved to let them in.

 

"Mom wants to talk to you" Minji said rolling her eyes. "Where's Sana?"

 

"Sleeping I guess, go wake her up if you want" Dahyun smiled and as Minji disappeared down the hall she turned her attention to Mina.

 

"Let's save the introductions Miss Kim. I'm just here to find out what you intend to do with my daughter" Mina said.

 

"Coffee?" she offered, but Mina didn't respond. The black-haired girl shrugged and took a sip of her own coffee. "Listen, I'm not here to steal your daughter or anything. She came looking for me, she said I'm her mother and now I just want you to grant me permission to do a dna test."

 

"Her mother?! The only mom Minji has is me! What kind of crazy thing is that?"

 

"Oh come on, don't act like she didn't tell you anything about us being related" Mina trying to deflect the meaning of the situation when the evidence was overwhelming made Dahyun upset.

 

"That's relatively impossible, I don't even know you."

 

"What do you think? I don't have a damn clue who you were forty-eight hours ago either, let alone knew I had a daughter!" Dahyun said in exasperation. This whole situation was driving her to the brink. "Don't come in here and call me a liar, I know you've seen the pictures, the letters or whatever Minji showed you. It's real, Mina... Something happened to us and someone decided to take us away."

 

"The accident... You were there right?" Mina asked watching Dahyun closely.

 

"I guess so. The last thing I remember is waking up in a hospital in Seoul two months after being in a coma."

 

Mina looked for something in Dahyun that would make her distrust her, however she only found sincerity in every word spoken by the writer. "I think I know who we should talk to."

 

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

"Mina, honey how nice to see you here. I didn't hear you come in" the woman commented with a smile. Mina sat across from her, separated by the desk in her mother's office. "What brings you here?"

 

"You know, a couple of days ago Minji asked me questions about his father. I didn't know what to answer. I thought maybe you can tell me something about that, or information about him" said Mina.

 

"There's not much to tell, daughter. He was an idiot, he never took a serious interest in you, or Minji when she was born."

 

"You mean he was around during Minji's birth?" Mina dares to ask. Mrs. Myoui nodded her head. And Mina then knew that her mother knew the whole truth after the accident and prior to it. She was definitely not telling her the real story, however Mina decided to play along.

 

"Anyway he was too much of a coward to face the situation and a month after Minji was born he left without showing his face" Sumi said practically sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter