One

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea.

 

With Michael Jackson's Beat It playing over the speakers and imitating one of the famous singer's dance steps, she appeared in the kitchen ready to prepare breakfast that morning.

 

It was going to be a good day, Dahyun felt.

 

"Your should be considered the eighth wonder of the world" Sana said watching her roommate dance. "You want to dance in my face like that? I'm up for it."

 

Dahyun laughed and put a couple of waffles on both plates, pouring coffee and orange juice.

 

"Dream on, sweetheart. You're not going to take me to your bed."

 

"You say that because you haven't yet tasted how good I can be" Sana winked at him.

 

"I don't intend to check it out either, but thanks for the offer honey" Dahyun joked. She loved the relationship she had with her best friend and how they could play that way without it being awkward. "I'm feeling happy. Today is one of those days, you know."

 

"Wait, you're happy, you had and you didn't tell me?" Sana pointed her fork at her squinting her eyes.

 

"No you idiot, I mean I have inspiration to write something new."

 

"Your readers will be happy after your disappearance for two years, that's good."

 

"I think this time it will be a new trilogy, I must start as soon as possible" Dahyun took a last bite of his waffle. "And you must go or you won't make it to the office on time."

 

"You already sound like my mother, get a girlfriend Kim" Sana circled the counter leaving a chaste kiss on Dahyun's lips. "I'll bring chinese food, bye."

 

After Sana left, she set up her laptop and prepared to sit on the couch in her living room, ready to capture the idea for her next saga. But before she could write even a single letter someone knocked on her door. Dahyun didn't tend to be aggressive -well, maybe a little if she got angry enough- but this time she would insult whoever it was if it wasn't important.

 

"Hello, what do you want?" she said as she opened the door, meeting a girl.

 

"Are you Kim Dahyun?"

 

"The same. Are you looking for an autograph? Oh wait, are you one of those girl scouts selling cookies?"

 

"No... Nice to meet you, my name is Minji" the girl gave a small bow and then extended her hand looking at Dahyun. Looking at the confusion in Dahyun she decided to explain herself better, "I'm your daughter."

 

Dahyun looks at the girl and can't help but let out a big laugh. It was an excellent joke.

 

"Listen, I don't want to be pushy, but I'm about to create a new story that will get me back to the top of the writers. I don't have time to joke with you, that said goodbye" Dahyun tried to close the door but the girl placed her foot preventing it from closing. Grumbling, the writer opened again. "What do you want?"

 

"May I come in?" Minji asked.

 

"No."

 

"Thanks" making Dahyun step aside from the door, Minji entered the apartment, looking at everything around her. It was a nice place.

 

"Girl stop playing, where are your parents?"

 

"You are my mother, I told you, don't you believe me?" Minji put her backpack aside and sat on the couch.

 

"Listen; I'm not your mother, I don't have children and I think I would remember having a baby...or s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter