Chapter 6

The Mugunghwa Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**

Taejong Hall.

Seungwan’s residence.

 

“I’m jealous”

 

Seungwan stills her fingers from caressing the woman's cheek “Jealous?”

 

“Secretary Lee told Jeonha that you met a lady at the pond.”

 

Seungwan chuckles, as predicted, that secretary was sent to spy on her, “I met a lot of women, you never got jealous before”

 

“I always jealous, I just never tell you”

 

“So why now?”

 

“It’s getting harder to ignore this feeling” the woman bites her lips ``Should we just run away? You don’t care much about the crown anyway”

 

“I don’t but you do unnie, you care for it, that’s why you married my brother”

 

The young woman hesitates a little, “Yeah, I do.”

 

Her family had sacrificed a lot of things to make her the future Queen. Ever since she was young, she was trained every day to enter the Palace. There was nothing she couldn’t do since she got the best education of all her siblings. All her parent's attention was only for her. Not only her family but also everyone who knew her, expected her to be the Queen. She worked hard, harder than anyone so she was very confident that she’d be selected as the Crown Prince’s marriage partner. Never once did she falter from her only goal until she met Seungwan.

 

“You’re soon to be this country’s Queen,” Seungwan regards her with a smile “I’m not gonna take that from you”

 

“Why are you so good to me? My husband doesn’t even care, he spends more time with his newest concubine, I hate that woman”

 

“He is a fool, unnie” The young royal chuckles. “I may be meeting a lot of women outside but I only have my eyes on you.”

 

“You’re not lying to me right?”

 

“Have I ever lied to you before?”

 

The woman shakes her head, “None that I know.”

 

“I’ve always been true to you, don’t ever doubt my loyalty.”

 

“Always?”

 

“Always,” Seungwan says before capturing the woman's lips. Kissing her tenderly, giving the care and attention that she needs. Something that her husband has failed to give her.

 

The woman pulls away before pushing Seungwan’s body to lie on the bed, climbing on top of her, she says, “Then prove it to me” she smiles seductively as her hair frames her face beautifully.

 

“As you wish, Sohee unnie,” with a knowing smile, Seungwan cradles her cheeks and kisses her once again. Harder this time.

 

**

 

Next day

11:45 PM

 

“We’ve arrived, taenyeo”

Seulgi’s voice brought Wendy's back from her reverie.

 

The young royal unclasps her hand and fixes her shirt “How do I look?”


 

Her guard studies her “You look charming as always but maybe you want to button up your shirt, that blaring red marks on your neck are quite noticeable.”

 

“Oops.”

 

After buttoning up her shirt, Seungwan took a bouquet of lilies beside her and opened the door. She wandered her eyes at the building in front of her, quite impressed by how beautiful the architecture looked from the outside. Irene got a taste for sure.


 

She made her way inside with Seulgi and was immediately greeted by a tall woman, taller than her.

 

“Welcome to classic cleaner, how can I help you, miss?” the woman asks, with a friendly smile on her face.

 

Seungwan walks closer and smiles back sweetly, “Hello, I have an appointment with Bae Joohyun-ssi.”

 

The taller woman’s brow twitches “Joohyun? She didn’t say anything about it,” feeling a little weird after hearing her friend's real name. Irene doesn’t introduce herself by her real name anymore.

 

“Yo Joy, where is my main ?” Jennie opens the front door, looking chic in her oversized Chanel sunglasses, everyone including seungwan turns around to look at the woman.

 

“Oh, a customer? Well, I’ll just go to… ” The young woman stops in her tracks and lowers her sunglasses to have a proper look at Seungwan, realization dawning upon her “You… Son Wendy?”

 

She tried to get a closer look but Seulgi quickly stood in front of Wendy, “Maintain your space, miss.”

 

“Why are you here? I thought the Palace had enough maids to do the task for you.”

 

“We do,” Seungwan tells her, not bothered by how rude she sounds, “I’m here to meet Joohyun-ssi. We have a date today”

 

Jennie scoffs annoyedly “So you’re the woman that Irene told me before?”

 

“You knew her, Jen?”

 

Jennie looks at Joy bewilderedly “You’re joking right? Everyone in this country knows who she is”

 

“If you forgot, I was sent abroad to chase after kangaroos for ten years.”

 

“Right,” Jennie says before turning her attention back to a smiling Seungwan “Did she entice you during the dance? Guess all those quick classes paid off.”

 

“Joy, someone will… oh you’re here,” Irene says to Seungwan before looking at Jennie “Jen, what’s bringing you here?”

 

“I’m curious about the woman that you’re seeing, Rene,” Jennie eyed Seungwan carefully. “I didn’t think it would be her.”

 

“Guys, I’m lost here. Who is she?” Joy is utterly confused.

 

“She is…”

 

“Just a woman who likes to get to know Miss Bae Joohyun better, the name is Son Wendy,” the young royal humbly introduces herself.

 

“You’re not just any woman, taenyeo” Seulgi quickly says in disagreement “She is princess Son Seungwan”

 

“What?!” Joys gasps loudly, shocked to the core “You’re joking right?”

 

But everyone just stared at her including Wendy who kept her smile intact. For someone who has a high status, she is looking so friendly.

 

“Should I… should I bow down?” Joy asks worriedly, biting her nails.

 

Jennie scoffs again, “It’s too late now.”

 

“Nothing is too late,” Seulgi says looking down at Jennie, she is not that fond of the woman.

 

“O-oh then… ” Joy is about to get out the counter, but Wendy stops her.

 

“It’s fine. Joohyun’s friends are my friends too so let’s just talk to each other casually,” She says lightly before walking closer to where Irene is standing “For you, Joohyun-agassi.”

 

Irene's lips twitch a little, oh right, they have to act, “I'm always blown away by your kindness, taenyeo. Thank you, it’s lovely.”

 

“Woahh” Joy can’t believe what she is seeing right now, something like a royal drama unfolding in front of her “Now it feels like you’re really a noble, Rene.”

 

“She IS a noble” Seulgi answers for her, earning another scowl from Jennie.

 

“Shall we go now, Joohyun-ssi? I am famished.”

 

“Yes, taenyeo,” Irene nods politely “So Joy, I’ll be going out for lunch…”

 

“Oh, please enjoy yourself. No need to rush back, I can manage here, agassi”

 

What the…

 

Joy waved her hand happily, she didn’t seem like mocking her so Irene let her be in her royal drama fantasy.

 

“We have to talk later, Rene,” Jennie says sternly, not much impressed by her friend’s date.

 

“Sure, I’ll be back in an hour,” Irene says as she looks at Seungwan who is offering her hand to hold. She was hesitant at first but she needs to look believable. After all, nobody shall know about her arrangement with seungwan, even her friend, especially Jennie. She is quick-witted and will not hesitate to scold her.

 

As soon as she put her hand on top of seungwan’s palm, the latter threw a loving smile at her and tightened her hold.

 

Damn, she’s really good at acting.

 

“See you later, girls”

 

**

 

“We’re not going to the K-restaurant?” Irene asks as she sees the place. They’re still waiting inside the car as Seulgi scours the place, assessing for its safety.

 

“We have to be seen at some fancy place today,” Wendy shrugs lightly “I told Seulgi to tip some reporters.”

 

“What?!” Irene is alarmed with the news, “I thought it was just gonna be a casual contract signing between us!”

 

“Why waste our time when we can kill two birds with one stone?”

 

“You should’ve told me about it,” the young Bae says irritatedly, “I have to put on my best looks for this.”

 

“What do you mean,?” Wendy stares up and down at her date. “You already look good, I like your style.”


“Good? I should’ve done better than this,” Irene says frustratedly, it’s one thing to be captured by reporters but a whole different thing for the Bae family “My grandmother doesn’t like the way I dressed, If she sees me dressing like this while meeting you, she’ll bury me alive,” she can already hear Park-sangui nagging voice, no off-shoulder allowed!

 

Seungwan chuckles “Ah, I see,” she says before opening the door “Wait here, I think I have something to cover up your shoulder, I believe it is still in the trunk.”

 

A few moments later, the young royal came back inside and gave a gray coat to Irene

 

“This is so not my style,” Irene quickly complains.

 

“Not mine either but better than nothing.”

 

“I’ll look fat in this.”

 

“You’ll look just fine,” Wendy rolls her eyes “Next time, I’ll tell you beforehand if reporters are coming.”

 

“Should’ve done that before,” Irene says grumpily while wearing the coat.

 

“Taenyeo, everything is clear,” Seulgi opens the door and stands beside Seungwan. She’s wearing an earpiece and all-black suit like some sort of bodyguard, which she is, “Taeil is already inside.”

 

“Good, how about the reporters?”

 

“They are ready around the gate, a few pics will be taken as you two walk together.”

 

“Well, time to put on our best act, sweetheart,” Wendy says before rounding the car and opening the other door, offering her hand while smiling very sweetly to Irene.

 

“Don’t let go of my hand, okay?”

 

“I won’t,” Irene says as she delicately puts her hands on Seungwan’s palm.

 

**

Inside the Restaurant Private Booth.

 

“Why is yours so thick?” Irene eyed the bundle of paper in front of her beside their contract.

 

“It includes my likes and dislikes, hobbies, etc,” Wendy says as she pours the tea for both of them, specially picked by Irene because the other woman was such a tea lover.

 

“I thought you only meant ‘important information’ when you told me to list down things you need to know about me.”

 

“They’re all important info about me,” Wendy says back.

 

“Really? Then why do I need to know that you scraped your left knee badly when yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter