Chapter 33 - You

The Mugunghwa Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
***

 

Chuncheon mansion. Four hours before Coronation.

 

Seungwan waited for their lunch of the day to be delivered and signaled Seulgi to wait behind the door while pressing her index finger on her lips.

 

A moment later, a guard walked in with two trays of food in his hands and he put them on the wobbly chairs. Yes, they didn’t even give them a table. Too absorbed in completing his task, he was unaware of Seulgi who walked ghostly behind him.

 

THWACK!

 

Seulgi knocked him out with one hit on his neck, then she dragged his unconscious body and put him inside the toilet before walking back to the wobbly chair and taking her lunch like it was a normal day for her. Seungwan also quietly ate her lunch in the corner. They need more energy to take down the guards later.

 

For the past two days, they’ve been inspecting the number of guards in the mansion. Based on Seungwan's trip upstairs a few days ago, she saw 6 men there including Sanghun, and another 3 men in the basement, guarding their room. PM Kwon might have upped the security with a few more guards for today but they were not afraid. As long as they have each other, they would be able to walk past them.

 

**

 

At the same time, Ground Zero.

 

Taeyeon wore her modified earpiece so she could switch the communication between Palace’s and Ground Zero’s team. There were also Hyoyeon, Jaemin, Taeil, Yeri, Joohyun, and 5 other people inside the room.

 

They were divided into 2 teams:

Team A -> Hyoyeon, Taeil, and 3 other men will infiltrate The Palace.

Team B -> Jaemin and 2 other men will save Seungwan.

 

After glancing briefly to where Joohyun was standing, Taeyeon nodded at Jaemin. The young man quickly went to the unsuspecting Joohyun and said, “Wangnyeo, could you give me your hands?”

 

“Huh?” The young princess obediently gave her hands to Jaemin who quickly locked them behind her back.

 

“What the .. Yah!”

 

“I’m sorry Wangnyeo but you’re not included in the mission,” Taeyeon told her as she tested her earpiece, and soon she could hear The Palace’s head guard’s voice. It was connected to Yeri’s computer so everyone could hear his voice at the moment.

 

“What?!”

 

Joohyun thought that they will include her, that’s why she didn’t make any trouble and ate her meals regularly as she was told to. Hyoyeon even gave her a few self-defense lessons. So she was tricked all along? How naive she was.

 

God damn it! not again!

 

Joohyun struggled in Jaemin’s hands and shouted, “Jaemin! You’re my guard, how could you?! I command you to release me!”

 

Hearing her dolphin-like voice, Jaemin grimaced pitifully. “I’m sorry Wangnyeo, but Taeyeon noona has higher authority here. She’s second in command, below Taenyeo.”

 

Second in command?

Damn it! That’s why Seungwan gave the mugunghwa bracelet to her! I’m so dumb, why didn’t I realize it sooner??

 

Taeyeon looked at her watch thoughtfully. “Jaemin, bring Wangnyeo to her room and lock it.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon! How dare you …” Joohyun’s eyes widened.

 

A series of shouts and curses were heard along the corridor before it was silent once again. The room where Joohyun was kept was soundproofed much like other rooms in Ground Zero.

 

“You’ll definitely get it from her once everything is over, Unnie,” Yeri reminded the older woman. She was feeling uneasy since last night as she was told to keep her eyes on the young princess during the mission.

 

“I have no choice. I can’t risk putting her in danger. I’ll deal with her later, well, that if I’m still alive,” Taeyeon replied as she clicked the map on the monitor. Jaemin was back 5 minutes later with a pale face. The young princess must've cursed at him along the corridor.

 

“Team A, you go through the east gate near the Queen’s pond, I placed two guards from our side there. They’ll help you to get in safely. Taeil you’re in charge of leading the team to infiltrate Junjong Hall.”

 

“Got it, Noona.” The Palace can be confusing for first-timers so Taeil’s role is very important.

 

“Now team B. Yeri already sent the location to Jaemin’s phone. He will drive you all to the exact location. Once you get there, no need to wait. Quickly go inside, save Taenyeo and Seulgi. If you are faced with a situation where you could only save one of them, Taenyeo is your top priority,” Taeyeon said firmly. “Bring her back safely to Ground Zero.”

 

Taeyeon then instructed the members to test their earpieces before putting a few folded knives on the table.

 

“Don’t kill. Break their bone, knock them out, but don’t kill anyone unless it’s necessary, do you understand?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Seungwan didn’t want any of them to be charged with murder later. The young royal could help them to avoid any charges as long as they don’t kill anyone.

 

“Prince Seunghoon and I will be staying inside Junjong Hall. When I give you a command to go inside, you go.”

 

Taeyeon put her hand on top of the table and continued, “Once inside, Team A, your main task is to protect Prince Seunghoon. They will try to attack him once the news is spread so protect our future king at all cost.”

 

“The guards from our side will keep Prince Seungmin and PM Kwon on their toes until the police arrive. Meanwhile, Taeil and I will handle the rest of the royal family. Nobody shall leave the hall until the targets are locked in our hands.”

 

Then she turned to Yeri and asked, “Yeri, can you tell me what your task is?”

 

The youngest girl typed something on her keyboard and soon a few tabs opened, showing a few news portal websites. “Blasting the news and keeping Joohyun unnie safe here.”

 

Aside from the two news portals that worked with them, they have to hack the other five popular news websites and Yeri was more than happy to do that. Different articles about Seungmin, PM Kwon, and The King’s fault will be uploaded on those hacked websites by 7 PM tonight. Meanwhile, the two news portals will deliver the news live during their night broadcast segment.

 

“Perfect.” Taeyeon straightened her suit and said, “Operation Mugunghwa starts now.”

 

**

 

Chuncheon Mansion.

 

Seulgi dragged another unconscious man to the bathroom, then she opened the window and locked the door. A total of three men were inside now.

 

“Taenyeo, it’s time.”

 

Seungwan uncrossed her hands and stood up, “Alright.”

 

They walked along the corridor stealthily and broke several CCTVs on their way upstairs. When Seulgi was breaking another CCTV, a guard suddenly appeared behind her with a knife in his hand. Seungwan saw him and immediately kicked him in the stomach, making his body collide with a cabinet behind.

 

CLANK!

A few pans dropped on the floor due to the collision.

 

Not giving him any time to regain his balance, she punched his jaw before her hand moved to hit the side of his neck, instantly making him lose consciousness, snoring on the floor.

 

Unfortunately, the loud clanking alerted two other guards upstairs. They walked down to the basement and saw the mess there. Wasting no time, they lunged forward to Seungwan but Seulgi was quicker to react. She kicked a pan and it hit one of the men on his forehead, making him stagger backward. The royal guard then dashed to punch his stomach with her elbow before making him completely unconscious with one final punch at his nose.

 

On the other side of the corridor, Seungwan was down on her back and pinned to the floor by the other guard. She was struggling for a while before regaining the upper hand and switching their position. Her fist met his jaw a few times until he was knocked out of consciousness with blood smearing his face.

 

The young royal smirked as she stood up and wiped her hand that was covered with the man’s blood. Another bad boy down.

“Let’s … “

 

Before she could say more, three other guards appeared from upstairs armed with knives in their hands.

 

“Could you handle them, Seul? I need to find Sanghun.”

 

“Leave it to me, Taenyeo.”

 

Seungwan patted her shoulder before charging forward, using the fallen cabinet as her foothold to jump above the three guards and kicked one of the guard's heads, making the latter stumbled to the floor before dashing upstairs.

 

Cracking her hands, Seulgi smiled menacingly. “Gentleman, it’s time to sleep.”

 

**

 

Ground Zero.

 

Joohyun banged the door for the last time before grumbling in anger. “Kim Taeyeon, you are officially on my death note list!”

 

After muttering some curses, she pulled her bag and searched inside until she found what she was looking for, the hairclip that Yeri gave her.

 

“They think they can get rid of me that easily, huh?” Joohyun scoffed.

 

The end of the hair clip was already modified by the young hacker, it had the shape of a hook to make the job easier. The young princess just needs to put the tip inside the door hole and twist it. After several attempts, finally, with a click, the door unlocked.

 

“Wow.” Joohyun's eyes widened in surprise. Yeri is really a genius!

 

Without so much thought, she walked stealthily along the corridor until she reached the main control room where Yeri was working. Fortunately, it was unlocked.

 

As Joohyun pushed the door quietly, she saw Yeri on her chair, wearing her headphone. The young girl looked so focused while talking with someone through her headphone. She wasn’t even aware of a shadow creeping behind her while holding the hair clip like her secret lethal weapon.

 

“Park-sajangnim, as we’ve discussed before I …”

 

Yeri stopped talking when she felt the cold tip of the clip beside her neck. From the corner of her eyes, she caught a glimpse of someone behind her.

 

“W-who …”

 

“How dare you deceived me!”

 

“Joohyun unnie?!”

 

How the heck … Oh my, the hair clip! I’m such a fool! Yeri cursed at herself and felt like crying.

 

“Give me Taenyeo’s location or I’ll … I’ll hurt you!” Joohyun’s tone was not convincing at all but a nervous Yeri couldn’t detect it as the tip of the hair clip scared her more.

 

“Please, we can talk about it first …” Yeri raised both of her hands, surrendering in fear.

 

“Talk? You want to talk now?” Joohyun pushed the clip closer, it almost scratched Yeri’s neck.

 

“Unnie! Unnie be careful! I could die!”

 

Something snapped in Joohyun’s brain and she briskly retracted her hand a little. She didn’t have any intention to hurt the girl. “Quick! The location!”

 

With a shaking voice, Yeri said, “I-i need my phone.”

 

“Phone?” Joohyun frowned, “You can just send it from your computer! Do you think I’m stupid?!”

 

“Unnie your phone is confiscated by Taeyeon unnie, I don’t know where she keeps it, so you need my phone to get there.”

 

“Ah.” Joohyun’s phone was taken by the young secretary on her first day staying here. “Where’s your phone?”

 

“In my bag. On the table.”

 

“Stand up and pick up your phone. Don’t try to do something stupid!”

 

“Alright, alright.”

Still raising her hands, Yeri walked to the table with Joohyun following closely behind her, holding the clip an inch away from her neck.

 

The young girl gulped down and prayed for her life before doing a move that she saw a few times in action movies. She swiftly held Joohyun’s wrist and used all her power to keep the hair clip away from her neck before using her back to push Joohyun's body backward until the latter collided with the wall.

 

A shriek of panic engulfed the two of them as they didn’t know what to do with each other. They are both clueless about each other intentions and don’t know how to fight.

 

“Please unnie, please! I have to control the news! My task is the most important here. If I missed the timing, all Wendy unnie’s effort will be in vain so please don’t be stubborn and just wait here with me!” Yeri cried pleadingly, at times like this, she regretted not taking the fighting class with Seulgi seriously in the past.

 

Meanwhile, Joohyun struggled behind her. She wasn’t strong enough to release herself.

 

“Please stay here!” Yeri tried again, “If you go, you won’t see anyone there! Team B … Team B has arrived at the location and already infiltrated inside. Jaemin will save Wendy unnie and bring her here soon so please calm yourself!”

 

Joohyun stopped struggling when she heard her words and realized that they were being ridiculous now.

 

“Can I trust your words?”

 

Yeri quickly nodded. “Yes, yes! Unlike Taeyeon unnie, I’m innocent! Please put down the clip. I can’t die now, I have an important task!”

Forgive me Taeyeon unnie but you brought this to yourself!

 

Joohyun pondered. Indeed her number one enemy is the young secretary. “Fine. Let go of me.”

 

“No! Let go of the clip first!”

 

“What the … you don’t believe me, Yeri?”

 

“I will believe you if you let go of the clip!”

 

Joohyun scowled and let go of the clip, letting it clang on the floor. As soon as it happened, Yeri kicked the clip far away under the cabinet where she usually put her sleeping bag so the young princess would have a hard time taking it again.

 

The young girl breathed in relief as she jumped from Joohyun’s body.

I nearly died!

 

[ Buzzing sounds. ]

 

[ Yeri. Is everything alright? Park-sajangnim informed me that your call was cut in the middle. ] Taeyeon’s voice faintly filled the room.

 

Yeri put her index finger on her lips, signaling Joohyun to quiet down because Taeyeon surely will send the guards outside to lock the latter again and Yeri would be in serious trouble for failing her job. Even more, if the young secretary found that Joohyun successfully unlocked the door with a hair clip given by her. Oh, she would be so doomed.

 

Yeri put on her headphone again, “Yes, I accidentally clicked the wrong button. I will call him again.”

 

Once she was done talking with Taeyeon, Yeri turned to see Joohyun standing beside her while crossing her arms, looking at the monitor closely like Seungwan’s face would pop up anytime soon.

 

“You can sit there, Unnie. Let me do my work.”

 

“How will I know that Taenyeo is safe?”

 

“Jaemin will report so please wait and don’t do something like that again. I got the biggest shock in my life. One wrong move, you could cut my vein!”

 

Joohyun scoffed off. “I knew what I'm doing! I wouldn’t hurt you, Yeri.”

 

Yeri looked warily at the young princess before turning her focus back to the monitor.

 

**

 

Chuncheon mansion.

 

Seungwan stood in front of the room where she met PM Kwon before. She had inspected every other room but Sanghun was nowhere to be found. As she was about to open the door, suddenly she felt a cold cylinder beside her temple.

 

A gun was pointed at her temple by Sanghun.

 

“Open the door and don’t try to fight me.”

 

Seungwan did as he said calmly.

 

Once they were inside, Sanghun kicked her legs making the young royal kneel down in front of him.

 

“As soon as the ceremony is over, I will end your life,” he said menacingly to threaten her.

 

The young royal was not afraid even a little because there was no way they would let him shoot her, it would be immediately suspected of planned assassination if they do.

 

“Why wait for the ceremony to be over? Pull the trigger now,” Seungwan said hauntingly trying to rile up the man.

 

Sanghun chuckled while moving to stand in front of her. The gun now pointed directly at her forehead. But instead of pulling the trigger, he raised his hand and slapped the young royal. Another slap followed not long after, then another slap and another slap. Just like how she slapped him before at The Palace.

 

Blood dripped from the corner of Seungwan’s lips but her stare didn’t falter.

 

“You think you’re so clever, huh?” Sanghun pulled Seungwan by her collar as he pats the tip of the gun on her forehead. “My, my, you think too highly of yourself, Your Highness, when the fact, your destiny is in my hand.”

 

“If I were you, I would beg to be forgiven now.”

 

Seungwan smirked in disdain. “To whom? You? Why would I lower myself to beg a scum like you?”

 

Sanghun gritted his teeth and slapped Seungwan once again. Harder this time.

 

A moment later, Seulgi was thrown to the floor beside Seungwan. Her stomach was wounded and blood was smeared on her shirt. After successfully beating out the three guards, she was surrounded by two other men, and one of them managed to stab her stomach with a knife when she was fighting the other.

 

“Useless piece of !” Sanghun spat when she saw a helpless Seulgi on the floor.

 

“I will kill her first before you,” Sanghun added while pointing the gun at Seulgi who struggled to stand up. One of the men kicked her again, making the latter slump back on the floor writhing in pain.

 

“Royal Guard Kang, you really are a nuisance. I've been waiting for the time when I can beat you out.”

 

He might be not allowed to shoot Seungwan but Seulgi was out of the option. He should’ve taken care of his ex-fellow royal guard first. Apparently, he was still bitter because Seulgi broke his nose a few days ago.

 

Slowly pulling the trigger, he smiled evilly. “Now, this is the right time.” Seungwan was alarmed and ready to stop him but something happened before she could do anything.

 

BAM!

 

A loud sound was heard from the front door downstairs. Sanghun motioned the remaining guards to check on it. He frowned, what could happen? They had placed about 5 guards outside. All of them were professionally trained.

 

Taking the opportunity of a distracted Sanghun, Seungwan raised her palm to hit him on his wrist with a swift move. The gun dropped to the floor and she quickly kicked it before Sanghun could take it back. Then, with a reverse kick, she aimed at the guy’s jaw and hit him squarely.

 

Sanghun who didn’t predict her moves fell to the floor. Amidst the stinging pain in his jaw, he quickly stood in his fighting stance before lunging at Seungwan. The guy was trained in the royal army just like Seulgi so Seungwan knew that she shouldn’t underestimate his ability.

 

His moves were fast and strong. As he moved forward, Seungwan was pushed backward while trying to shield herself with her arms. She ducked down and tried to tackle him but he read her movement. Taking the chance, he kicked her on the stomach before throwing a punch at her unguarded jaw.

 

Seungwan staggered back with labored breathing. Her head was ringing because of his strong punch. She shook her head to regain her consciousness back. Not giving her much time to prepare herself, Sanghun brought his fist forward but she was quicker this time. She ward off his punch and successfully got a hold of his wrist. With a quick step, she hit his chest with her elbow.

 

Taking advantage of his dazed state, she raised her legs and struck him on his stomach with her knee. He spurted some blood before falling to his knees. As Seungwan was about to give her final punch to his jaw, he sneakily took a knife from his pocket and swayed it blindly. Seungwan didn’t have any more patience, she held the knife with her bare hand and then kicked him down to the floor. After throwing the knife away from her bloody hand, she pulled Sanghun by his collar and punch his face a few times until the guy almost lost consciousness.

 

“Even if you beg, I won’t let you go.”

 

As soon as the words left her lips, she broke Sanghun's right arm by striking her elbow down to his arm.

 

“ARGHH!”

 

A loud cry filled the room as the guy clutched his arm in pain and his face pushed down to the floor. Without words, Seungwan hit the side of his neck, putting him into unconsciousness.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter