Chapter 15

The Mugunghwa Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**

 

When the morning came, Seungwan who didn’t sleep a wink positioned herself closely behind joohyun’s body under the blanket. Pretending to be a big spoon for the older girl who was still deep in her slumber. At any moment, one of the people outside will come and inspect them.

 

[Good morning Taenyeo, May I come inside?]

 

“Yes.”

 

An old woman who she acknowledged as the chief of court-lady, Choi-sanggung, walked into her room with eyes downcast to the ground.

 

“Please do what you need to do.”

 

The old woman lifted her eyes, a surprise was written on her face after looking at the condition of the room. The cups scattered and wine spilled on the floor, clothes were thrown carelessly around the room. My, my, they sure had a wild night.

 

“May I check on Wangnyeo?”

 

Seungwan sat up right away as she gave her consent to the old woman who immediately rolled up her sleeves and pushed the blanket away making a half- Joohyun shiver in cold. She was unconsciously frowning while clenching her hands.

 

What a cute sight, although her body was quite distracting for Seungwan. The latter quickly looked down at her hands, pretending to think. Though she could think of nothing except a Joohyun.

 

The old woman noticed several light bites on the princess’s neck, her lips slightly swollen while her face looked so serene in her slumber… like she just had a pleasurable night. Yeah, right.

 

“Wangnyeo still wearing her undergarment?”

 

“I don’t want her to get a cold so I pulled her underwear up after we were done.”

 

“May I check it, Taenyeo?”

 

Seungwan sighed loudly, she wanted to at least protect Joohyun’s dignity. Last night, she made Joohyun touch herself because of this reason. The palace was quite strict with its ritual.

 

All the royal brides go through the same inspection after their first night. It’s to determine whether the groom and the bride really fulfilled their duties or not.

 

“I’ll do it. Turn around,” the young royal ordered.

 

Once the court-lady turned around, Seungwan put her hands on the rim of Joohyun’s , trying so hard not to look when pulling them down. Her hand accidentally made contact with the skin of her leg, it was so smooth that she wanted to run her hand…. No! She quickly fished the blanket to cover the young Bae’s body once again.

 

“I’m done. Where should I put it?” A tiny blush appeared on her face.

 

Choi-sanggung noticed it but she didn’t say anything, she offered a cloth bag to her.

 

“The royal physician will examine it,” Choi-sanggung bowed once she retrieved the bag, “Should I ask the maid to prepare your bath, Taenyeo?”

 

“Yes, please,” she thought for a bit before adding, “A cold one.” She was so embarrassed, asking for a cold bath early in the morning, especially after the ritual.

 

Choi-sanggung held her laugh and bowed once again, “I understand.”

 

**

 

Seungwan waited for an hour before Joohyun finally stirred and opened her eyes.

 

She looked utterly confused and when she realized that she was , man… all hell broke.

 

“What the? Why am I ?!”

 

Joohyun quickly gathered the blanket to cover her body before standing up and pointing her finger accusingly at the young royal who looked so calm, sitting on a cushion, like she did nothing wrong.

 

“What did you do to me?!”

 

“Calm down. I’ll tell you but first, you may want to wear your robe. You’re quite distracting.”

 

“The hell with the robe, what did you do to me?!”

 

Joohyun gasped as a realization dawned upon her, “The wine, there was something in it!” She was not the type who gets easily drunk, the wine must contain something.

 

“I told you that we should do a ritual right? So we did something.”

 

“You… you took advantage of me!!”

 

“No, I swear I didn’t do anything like that.”

 

Joohyun clutched her throbbing head as her knees failed to support her, making her body slump back on the floor. She was this close to killing her royal wife but her body failed her.

 

“Yes, the wine contained something. You got so wild last night. I mean, well, it was quite an honor to see your wildside.”

 

“W… what?!”

 

“I asked your consent to kiss and undress you, remember? You said yes, so I did but then you pushed me to the bed and crawled on top of me.”

 

The young Bae gasped in horror, she didn’t remember the crawling part.

 

“Why did you need to undress me?!”

 

“I had to because the court lady would examine the royal bride after their first night. If you’re fully dressed, she wouldn’t believe that we did the ritual. I left your on, alright, but she asked for it when she visited this morning so I had to make you fully .”

 

“She what?!” by now, Joohyun is losing her sanity.

 

“Your are taken by her for further examination. Good thing you touched and pleased yourself last night so it won’t be a problem if they check it.”

 

“I did what???” the color drained from her face.

 

“You touched yourself because I didn’t give you what you wanted.”

 

Holding her laugh after seeing Joohyun breaking down in front of her, Seungwan coughed behind her fist.

 

“I’ll let you get ready for your bath, a maid will come and help you, then we’ll have breakfast before meeting the whole family at Gojong hall.”

 

Seungwan noticed that Joohyun was covering her face, probably due to embarrassment but she couldn’t let her know the truth that she planned all of this, it was better this way.

 

The young royal made her way to the wooden door but before she slid it open, she said, “Don’t be embarrassed, it was just me, besides I know you weren’t yourself last night because of the wine… so let’s just blame the wine and move on.”

 

When Seungwan closed the door, she faintly heard the young Bae muffled screams from outside. Joohyun must’ve felt so frustrated by herself but Seungwan had to do this, or else her family would suspect their lie right away.

 

“Is she okay?” Seulgi quickly asks, the royal guard was also up all night guarding the room along with Choi-sanggun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter