Chapter 18

The Mugunghwa Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**

 

“Good morning, Sua-ssi.” Seungwan greeted her colleague cheerfully, meanwhile the latter choked on her soybean milk.

 

“G … good morning.”

 

Sua didn’t forget that the seat beside her belongs to the princess now, in fact, she spent all night thinking about how to act beside the latter. The way the young princess seemed so friendly to others was quite bugging her. She was so different from her brother.

 

“Aww, you only have milk for breakfast?”

 

Sua nods unsurely. “I live far away from here, usually I’ll have bread too but today I woke up late.”

 

“I see, then you can have this.” Seungwan gave her a chocolate bar. She usually saves it for her snack time but seeing the thin young woman beside her, she felt the urge to feed her.

 

“No … no I can’t possibly … ”

 

“Just take it. I have a lot in my car.”

 

“Thank you, Taenyeo.” Sua grips the chocolate bar tightly. The young princess is definitely a kind person.

 

Just then a series of rushed steps were heard outside the staff workstation. Everyone in the room immediately stood on their feet, including Sua. Seungwan, who was confused, quickly asked her workmate.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

But before the latter could explain, Seungmin and PM Kwon walked inside the staff workstation.

 

Ah …

 

Seungwan chuckled inwardly before standing on her feet and lowering her head.

 

Both of them passed Seungwan’s table after some moment of inspecting the room. They didn’t even acknowledge her presence.

 

Sua concluded that the two siblings weren't close. Well, considering how their attitude is so different, of course, they wouldn’t be close.

 

Once those two important people left the room, everyone heaved a sigh of relief and returned to their seats, so Seungwan used this opportunity to ask the young woman beside her.

 

“Do they usually come down here?”

 

“Yes, every morning. His Highness will come down to check whether any of us are coming late or slacking.” Sua tells her, “While PM Kwon will follow whenever he’s visiting the department.”

 

“I see, what else does he usually do? I don’t want to get into my brother's bad side.”

 

Sua nodded her head and thought, I’m right, they must’ve not been very close.

 

“One of His Highness’s bodyguards will come down around dismissal time, to check whether we are still working or already leaving. We are required to stay at least two hours after working hours end.”

 

“Why?”

 

“In case he needed us to revise our work, it's common knowledge that we have to fix the reports many times as per his requests.”

 

“Do you guys make a lot of mistakes? How hard is it to make a report based on actual spending? Or maybe there’s a bug in the accounting system?”

 

“No … it's just, His Highness always wants to adjust a few things.”

 

“Adjust?”

 

“Umm… y, yes.” Sua doesn’t know whether she should disclose this much information or not, her manager told her to not tell Seungwan anything about financial reports. Seungwan would be assigned to other work even though she’s part of the team.

 

“I see. that must be hard for you guys.”

 

Oh … Sua released her breath when Seungwan didn’t ask further.

 

“Not really, we are used to it.”

 

“I guess you also work at home?”

 

“Umm, sometimes. I have a remote connection to my computer. I never turned it off just in case.”

 

“Hmm … I see, so what should I do now?”

 

“Oh, please look at my screen.” Sua quickly opened their system and said, “First, you need to log into the system. We have created a username and password for you, here-”

 

“Sua-ssi, Manager Go needs you,” says one of their colleagues.

 

“Ah… thanks!” Sua pulled her notebook and looked at Seungwan, “Taenyeo, you can familiarize yourself with the system but don’t submit anything. I’ll be back quickly.”

 

The young royal nodded and look over her computer. Instead of familiarizing herself, she opened the remote software and copied the code and password to her phone. Once done, she accessed a few personal files and found where the woman usually stored her music files.

 

Seungwan smiled. Sua got a unique taste in music as she scanned the files, full of underground rock music.

 

“T … taenyeo.” One of the staff appeared beside her and said, “I’m Taemin, I uh, was asked to change your monitor.”

 

“Huh? What’s wrong with my monitor?”

 

“Uh, I don’t know but manager Go asked me to change with the other one.” He pointed to a monitor situated at a lone desk at the front.

 

“Oh sure.” Seungwan nodded, she exhaled quietly because she managed to install remote software previously on her old computer.

 

She watched Taemin change her old monitor with the unused one. Just by the look of it, she could see that her old monitor was far better in terms of specs.

 

They really want me to go, huh? They gave me an old monitor, can it even work? Seungwan snickered inwardly.

 

“Thanks, Taemin.” Seungwan smiled, the guy gave her a restrained smile before going back to his seat. He was one of the IT guys.

 

Seungwan put on a worried smile as she watched Sua come back with her shoulder sagged.

 

“Scolded?”

 

Sua exhaled, “I forgot to change something on the last report.”

 

“It’s fine you’re just human. You can make mistakes, don’t take his word to heart.”

 

“Thank you, Taenyeo.” Sua smiled gratefully as she told herself, Princess Seungwan is definitely different from her brother!
 

**

 

Later at night

 

Seungwan changed her clothes to an all-black outfit and wore a mask. An earpiece dangling on her left ear. Inside her hoodie, she had her army knife ready.

   

She walked from an empty street behind the finance building and waited until she got an OK from Yeri.

 

A buzzing sound was heard from her earpiece before Yeri’s vice filled in.

 

[Unnie, you can go inside. The back area is clear now, but guards will make their rounds in 10 minutes.]

 

“Got it.”

 

Seungwan skillfully climbed the wall and landed inside the back garden of the building. She crouched down and made a dash to the emergency door. With her safety pin, she managed to unlock the door.

 

“CCTV?”

 

[Off for 10 minutes. I’m taking over their connection as we speak. The ruckus outside is about to start. Wait … somebody is on the third floor. Should we abort the mission?]

 

“No. Keep alert.”

 

Seungwan passed the first and second floors without any difficulty until she arrived at the third floor. She noticed someone wandering around the area as per Yeri’s warning.

 

It was Sung Sumin who was walking into the server room with a report in her hand. She waited until the woman went inside the room before blocking the door with her feet. She peeked and saw Sumin typing some code on the server PC before connecting a USB to it.

 

Then the woman walked further to the back row to place the report. Seungwan used this opportunity to sneak into the room. She crouched down and waited behind a darker row.

 

Sumin’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Yes, Taeja. I’m in the server room now as you requested”

 

Silence.

 

“Yes, the disk wipe is loading now.”

 

Disk wipe? Seungwan’s eyes widened. No, she can’t wipe out all the data inside!

 

The young royal thought quickly and saw the power switch behind the server, across from her. Without thinking further, she quickly rolled over to turn it off.

 

The room instantly got dark as Sumin shrieked in surprise.

 

“I apologize Taeja. The electricity just went off. I’ll call the guard!” She panickly said and turned off her phone.

 

What she didn’t know was that even if the electricity went off, the server PC would automatically restart by using the power generator in a minute.

 

Sumin made her way to where the desk phone is placed to call the guards but nobody picked up her call so she went down to the second floor, leaving the room free for Wendy to roam around.

 

The young royal quickly took the USB out from the server PC and connected her own USB to copy a few reports from last year.

 

“Yeri, follow the woman who just came out. Let me know if she’s going back inside”

 

[Yes. She’s talking with one of the guards now.]

 

While waiting for the data to be transferred, she clicked a few documents labeled as Ulleung and copied them as well.

 

[Unnie, they’re on the first floor!]

 

“Got it.”

 

Seungwan took out her phone to make a remote connection with Sua’s monitor and quickly played a really loud rock song to distract the two.

 

“What are they doing?”

 

[They went i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter