Chapter 7

How's Your Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It's morning. The sun is shining bright and the wind it blows isn't warm and not harsh. The cheeping, mooing, bleating, snorting, of animals are clearly and loudly heard in the open ranch, the chirping and whistling of birds are as well heard too. The sound of province in a balmy morning is very soothing.

 

Winter made her way out of Chaewon's house and went straight to the parking space. Winter asked Chaewon to lend her her car as she personally wants to go hiking, not just because Karina wants to. Winter welcomed herself with puffy eyes and bags under them as she passed by the side mirror, seeing her reflection through it. She cried a lot yesterday night, she even went to an open bar so as to divert her emotions to liquor. She's so ed up. She literally couldn't absorb everything she just knew. From her late ex's one night stand, dead baby, silent suicide attempt and such. She had forgiven her but the pain she left her untold is kinda too much. She needs to heal herself for how many times possible.

 

"WINTER!" Winter stopped lifting up her things to the trunk as a familiar voice called her out. She didn't had to turn because she already knew the owner of it. The lady just continued doing what the familiar voice owner interrupted her with.

 

"Win..." Chaewon calmly called her, indicating worry in her tone. Winter just gulped and lifted up Karina's heavy bags to the trunk. 

 

Chaewon let out a heavy sigh, giving up from calling out for her attention.

 

"I was right. You'll ignore me the next morning. I shouldn't have told you that, I suppose..?" Chaewon said, talking to the air as no one responded the second she spoke. "You went out yesterday night, you even left the door open. You almost woke Karina because of your sobbings." Winter paused, thinking if she had done something clumsy that night. "Turn to me, silly. The car does not talk." I wasn't drunk so much, I don't remember any stupid thing I did too, she thought as she continued to put everything needed into the trunk, clearly not paying attention to Chaewon.

 

"You can stay here until next week... maybe? Let's go to Minju's death anniversary together." That made Winter stop right there, taking her actions done in a sudden slow movement. She just didn't mind the unsubsiding pain she keeps and endlessly going along with and continued her thing. A slice of reminder about her late ex bothers her heart and mind, even just a simple mention of her name had sounded more traumatic since the night she allegedly cut off her own life. It's throbbing her exhausted heart like there's no tomorrow.

 

Chaewon's next words were even more bothering,

 

"We'll get to see the heart reciever. Minju's parents said that she was very nice and pretty. They actually want the two of you to meet," Chaewon kept talking.

 

"Infact, Minju's parents told us all your friends to do what we can to make your decision changed. They want you to see her. They were certain that the lady will even let you lay an ear against her chest, Uncle said that he noticed how many times he caught you laying down your ear on Minju's chest, he even said that you watched how her heart rate moved in the monitor in the hospital." Winter didn't move while Chaewon unexpectedly let out a melancholy sort of memory. She was right. Winter would always listen to her ex's heartbeat and would rather watch her heart rate at the monitor than to watch her favorite movie. She wanted to make sure that her late ex girlfriend was breathing despite being laid down on the hospital bed for about 6 months, sleeping.

 

"Chaewon..." Winter called her friend out, not facing her.

 

"The heart donor..."

 

"Minju was the heart donor. I don't want to hear that anymore after you informed me of the truth, it wasn't her decision in the first place... She didn't want to rip her chest out and give her heart to that somebody in the next door." Winter suddenly sounded serious, making Chaewon raise a brow and listen to her. Chaewon gulped at how Winter sounded mad and serious at the same time, she's not used to seeing her like this. 

 

Winter faced her this time, with Karina's bag on her grip.

 

"For all the lies you have confessed to me, I don't think I can take all of those in one week. I will visit her grave some other time, not just next week." Winter said to her friend as she put down the bag in the trunk. She turned to her again, "Especially that the heart reciever will be there... I might just make a scene by any chance if we meet so I'll just stay here in Busan. You go to Seoul alone or ask Ningning to pick you up at the station." Chaewon just let out a heavy sigh.

 

"Really?! Winter... damn!" Chaewon cursed. She brushed her face with her hands in frustration. "Are you freaking serious, girl?! We're all gonna come and you're not? We're all grooving for your presence! You're that someone special to Minju, dude. Have some time getting along, please!" Chaewon is obviously annoyed right now, thinking that she might had caused Winter to make a decision of not coming over to the said event. She told her too much and it caused both of them too much. She hates the fact that despite all the things she have told her and the tears they have shared together after that are still not enough for Winter to move on and accept the fact, her heart is just as hard as her head.

 

"I'm not ready yet." Winter said under her low tone. Chaewon rolled her eyes in annoyance. If she could only punch a friend right now, Winter would have been groaning on the ground. "Not ready yet?! How many times do you need huh? Three months? Nine months? Another one year? Three years? Next three years? Five years? A decade?!" Winter chuckled at her friend, shaking her head. Chaewon noticed that and she just bit her lower lip, placing both her hands on either side of her waist. She shook her head in disappointment and steadily looked at her feet.

 

"You listen to me huh, you can't be mad at just about anybody, Winter... like who is who and so whoever that heart reciever is," Chaewon then turned her head up to face Winter.

 

"What if it's me? What if it was Ningning? Giselle? or even Karina?"

 

"Right? You can't be mad at us!"

 

"How sure are you of that? Had anyone of you---!" Winter abruptly moved forward to Chaewon and tried to pull down her collar, peeking over her chest to confirm something.

 

"Wait---What are you--!" Chaewon quickly pushed Winter a little away.

 

"I was just checking if you got some trace of surgery right through there." Winter explained, pointing at Chaewon's chest. They just gave each other a teasing look. Chaewon covered her chest with her bear hands that made Winter chuckle in laughter.

 

She gave her friend a tap on both sides of her shoulders and embraced her in her arms.

 

"Silly you, you don't have to be mad, okay? I'm the main character here just as you know, huh?" Chaewon laughed at her conciliatory somewhat joke. She hugged her back, massaging her back and forth.

 

"Just give me time to heal, Chae... I'll heal in time, okay?" Winter assuredly said, massaging her back as well with her arms still wrapped around her childhood and missed friend. "For how long? Until I die?" Winter laughed, she lightly hit Chaewon's head.

 

"Until I forgive, maybe..?" She ruffled her friend's kinda messy hair before letting go of their not as too long hug. She chuckled when she saw Chaewon's reddy eyes with some drops of tears dripping down through her soft cheeks. Winter wiped them away with her thumb.

 

The two flinched in unison when a harsh shut of the car door interrupted their moment.

 

"I-I'm sorry..." Karina apologized as she once again shut the car door but gently the other time around. She quickly went back inside the house, she left her phone on the counter top.

 

Winter turned red. She saw Karina's wet look again. The said lady just got out from the shower, appearing with her drenched black and long hair.

 

There she goes again, making my heart beat like hell when she just totally spoke and absolutely did nothing! She looks hot in every angle and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter