Chapter 10

How's Your Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A cozy wind slipped away in the trees, leaving enough warmth and wind at the same time. The change from cold to a moderate weather and typical rains from moderate weather again with tiny drops of rains is really not a good sign. It might rain heavily in the next days or months, it's morning and it's drizzling.

 

"So we can't come out today? You were right yesterday Karina. It really rained." Winter said as she peeked into the window, looking outside only to see a foggy morning. "As what I said.." Karina answered in her low tone, leaning forward to Winter and peered over.

 

"I guess we're staying here until the drizzle subside." Winter said and went to the couch and sat down. She opened the TV and a newscaster welcomed her. According to the weather announcer, it will rain until tomorrow. Upon hearing that, Karina immediately headed to the living room and took a seat beside Winter. They were both listening attentively to whatever the lady on the TV said. After a few minutes then, Winter turned it off using the remote in her hand.

 

"Will it be possible for you to go to Seoul tomorrow? The rain will continue until tomorrow." Winter worriedly said. Karina just pouted at her.

 

"I can't be absent. I'll surely go." The older lady smilingly said, assuring the younger one that she'll be safe going to Seoul tomorrow. "O-okay..." Winter just shrugged. 

 

A couple more minutes and they became silent again.

 

"I-it's your birthday today... How should we celebrate it?" Winter asked. Despite the weather, she still wants to celebrate it. It's a special day for both of them after all, they're friends so what's the big deal..?

 

"There's nothing inside the fridge, tho. We can only wait for the lunch until 11." Karina answered looking at her wristwatch, averting both her gaze and attention as she thought of how passionate and considerate Winter is as a friend, she wants to celebrate her birthday.

 

"Are we gonna stay like this until 12 in the midnight?" Winter asked with a little laughter, Karina looked at her and just chuckled. She doesn't know the answer too if the drizzling outside will either stop or continue until it becomes a rain... unluckily, a heavy one.

 

"What do you usually do when it's your birthday? I mean... how are your birthdays special to you?" Winter asked, crossing her arms and putting ot over her head, leaning over the backrest. "I just... celebrate it alone..?" The older lady unsurely answered and asked herself, making Winter turned to her, still in the same position. "Alone?" She asked, creasing her forehead. Karina nodded her head in response. "I mean... Have I told you before that my parents are always busy on their business? They just greet me, actually they were the very first to greet me yesterday midnight, exactly at 12." She explained. Winter just slowly nodded her head.

 

"How about you?"

 

Winter looked at the person beside her once the latter threw a question on her. She then turned back her gaze to the ceiling.

 

"Normally... I normally celebrate it with friends and family..." She sounded low at the moment. She shrugged away her thoughts coming back about her past birthday celebrations with her ex. She's convinced that she's moving on and the final station will soon come for her. She'll forget her just in time and that's for sure.

 

"I celebrate it with the whole world actually." Winter laughed as Karina immediately turned her jead to her, confused of what she just heard from her. "Whole world? How many birthdays do you have, huh, Winter?" Karina laughed, teasing Winter about jer possible number of birthdays.

 

"My birthday's on new year. Every January 1st." She confessed, making Karina gasped in awe. She was surprised and shocked to know that information, she really has to know a lot about this friend. "Really?! Th-that's unbelievable... I mean... How cool.." Karina answered, stammering.

 

"How long are you gonna stay in Busan, Karina?" Winter asked after quite a long awkwardness, filled again after the birthday announcement. "I'm here until whenever I want. I'll just inform my parents if so..." Winter just nodded, she positioned herself back to her normal sitting, she crossed her legs and put her arms in a cross as well, it's quite cold.

 

"Your stay here will only last until 3 months right?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter