Chapter 11

How's Your Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Millions of taps at once are heard splashing against the roof. A heavy rain in the morning made Winter slap her palms on either side of her ears, the loud banging of heavy down pour is not the ambiance she anticipates to hear the next day when she wakes up but the heaven had joke on her. She slowly opened her eyes with her hands still positioned against her ears. Half-opened, she scanned the entire bed. 

 

It feels bigger than usual.

 

Winter suddenly sat up.

 

Her shoulders dropped when she realized that Karina has already left to Seoul. She slept quite long and didn't wake up early to see and have a check on Karina first, the rain during early hours was heavy but soothing for a good sleep, she didn't had a clue that she dozed off pretty hard.

 

Winter sluggishly stood up and walked to the living room, hoping to see any trace of her shadow but she failed. She even called out for her name in the entire room but she heard no other voice rather than hers. She left. Her stuffs are not even in the same place.

 

Winter moved her feet and decided to head back to the main room. She folded the blanket and arranged them in line along with the pillows. Some minutes later when Winter's attention landed on a piece of paper on the bedside table, with a pen on the top of it which kept it in a steady place. She smiled as she thought of Karina leaving her a note, for the first time in her third time leaving, she remembers to still inform her despite her, reminding Winter even a week before this day.

 

Winter picked up the pen and then the paper. She read the message in her mind as she kept the paper in her hands.

 

 

 

 

Good morning, Winty! I woke up early to get into the station earlier since it's raining. I'm going to Seoul to visit my angel. She's celebrating her 1st year death anniversary today. I want to be with you but there's no reason I can't come, I don't want to disappoint her parents because they treat me as their daughter since Minju was their only child.  I'll come back again to Seoul because I need to have my heart checked, my doctor would want to monitor my heart so I think I'll be staying for a few days but I promise to come back after the celebration. I have a problem with my heart and sorry if this was all in a sudden.. but don't worry I already got a transplant and I'm trying my best to keep it strong and healthy. I'll come back to Busan for you:)

 

-Karina<3

 

 

 

 

 

 

Winter's smiles vanished as she tries to sink everything into her mind. Her blushing cheeks and ears due to happiness were immediately, unconsciously, replaced with nervousness and fear.

 

It can't be.

 

It can't be that she...

 

Is.... is the heart reciever.. and her...

 

Her friend...

 

Her friend and Minju are the same person.

 

Winter's hand tremblingly reached for her phone on the side table. Her shaking hands continued to tremble even worse as she pressed each number of her interest. She dialed Ningning's number but for the fourth attempt, she's not answering and not receiving her calls.

 

" IT NINGNING, ANSWER THE PHONE!" She shouted to her phone as she failed to hear any voice from the line again after a few more rings. Ningning's phone was ringing but she's not picking up and that made Winter tensed up to her limits. 

 

"." She cursed under her shaky breath as she ran her anxious palms over her wet cheeks. She's crying already and she doesn't know what to do, what to react, how to calm, she literally doesn't know!

 

Winter harshly picked up the paper she intentionally dropped on the floor. Her eyes were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter