Chapter 13

How's Your Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


The vicinity was black and shadowy as the sunless sky illuminates nothing but the howling nighty dawn. It's nearly 4 a.m. in the earliest morning, the chirping of insects are as loud as chirping and whistling birds during daytime. The people at this moment are probably down at their bed and snoring their tongues out.

 

A grey sedan with headlights on came into the scene, speeding through a muddy, grassy, sloppy road. The driver pulled into the parking space and hopped down once satisfied.

 

It's Winter who has gotten so drunk, she has already downed 3 bottles of tequila and hasn't been to bed the whole night. She sluggishly walked at a slack pace, she walked towards the main door and didn't waste any effort to knock on the door as the owner of the house is already right there before her very red face. Chaewon and her slightly drunk self, welcomed her friend inside. Winter came in with her wobbly feet. She flumped herself down the couch and had a scan on the living room, she looked at the kitchen which way's close to the living area, Chaewon left a few bottles of liquor unfinished.

 

"Where's Karina?" Chaewon immediately asked after quietly closing the door, Winter just looked at her as tears are hinting to fall down again.

 

"I guess you knew it, well, if you happen to not know yet... we all don't have any plans of telling you either. I know what you can do and Karina doesn't deserve any hate." Chaewon dissed. Too late, she already did and even told her such hurtful words.

 

Chaewon made her way to the kitchen and got all the remaining liquors in her grasp, she then put them all down the center table where Winter awaits. The lady immediately took one bottle and gulped down to her stomach.

 

"Where is she?" Chaewon again asked as she poured herself some liquor. "She left, Chaewon, she left." Winter answered and breathed a heavy and deep sigh. She left and seems like she does not have any plans of returning and Winter is aware of that.

 

"And why did she do that? Seriously, you did something crazy, right?!" Chaewon asked and downed her shot glass. "I'd immediately run to the police station right now if you killed her, did you rip her chest and take out the heart?" Winter chuckled at that out of the view joke, she hit Chaewon playfully on her arm.

 

"I would never do that. I was mad but definitely not a killer. I just said that she left." She counted as she gulped on her bottle again. 

 

"How did you know it? Did she purposely tell?" Winter shook her head in an instant response, it's making her hate herself. She was blinded away by anger and forgot what she was saying, she buried her with her hurtful words and those were unedeniably painful, considering Karina who has been really kind to her and to anybody else she knows.

 

"She left me a note and there she said it. She wrote that... she'll be away for a couple of days... she'll go back to Seoul again to have a heart check up with her doctor, unluckily..., we're talking about the same person all these times..." Chaewon nodded her head as her friend told the story. "That was weird and unnecessary actually,,, a note?! Wasn't she confident to tell it to you in the first place? I bet... you two are not just friends, why'd she hide it, right?" Chaewon took a shot and turned to Winter who kept circling her bottle in hand.

 

"She wasn't ready, I think? But yeah... It happened." The lady shrugged and took a gulp on her bottle once more. "I think that's the best way too... She said it by herself and you knew it by yourself."

 

"If it just happened that you're still unaware at this very moment... I'd surely lie again to you, I'd even bring her away.. but she was so stubborn to go back to Busan. Karina is a good kid, you don't throw her away like that." Chaewon even shook her head, making Winter shook her head too but in disappointment. She threw her away like that, she's left again  and she knows she deserves it.

 

"Will you be mad if I say I really did threw her away like that?" 

 

"Yes---What?" Chaewon almost choke on her liquor.

 

"You did what?!" She asked her friend, reasking for the confirming question. Winter just threw her an irresolute gaze, not even wanting to tell her another next intense chapter. She left a loud gulp on her liquor ang began,

 

"I'm a bad person, Chaewon..." A tear dropped the second she bit her lip.. wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter