Chapter 4

How's Your Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Karina sprightly inhaled the whiff of chocolatey aroma coming from her chocolate flavored coffee with the breezy morning at the hotel balcony. A blustery beach was the first view that caught her precious attention the very moment she took a sight ahead her. Taking a sip on her hot chocolate, she wiggled her feet due to the cold wind that swiftly passed through her skin. 

 

Sunny yet cold- that is how she feels mornings in Busan.

 

The pretty girl blew out a misty breath on the rim of her smoking cup, trying to cool off her coffee faster. She turned her look at her left, amazed by the dancing trees that the gusting wind had cause them to. Only a few people can be seen from above, an old lady was sweeping off the pile of soot after a burning process, one's biking despite the cold weather, there were a few kids running along the long way to the shore. They were all wearing coats that could help battle the cold.

 

Karina's wool coat doesn't help against the cold, it doesn't even let her drip a sweat, the coldness can cause numbing to the feet and hands if not wearing any protection such as gloves and socks, thankfully she was lucky to get both. Winter is about to end yet the cold gets worse.

 

Speaking of Winter, the Winter that makes her feel hot in a sudden, warm in late Winter season, is presently asleep in her dreamland. She slumbered after getting jolted awake very early in the morning due to indisputable cold. The temperature for today dropped to 2°c, starting the day with a frigid morning. 

 

The beautiful woman carefully and slowly put down her cup of coffee on the center table. A genuine smile formed on her lips as her hands slipped down on a piece of paper, removing the teal pebble that she filched from an artificial plant decorated in the hotel balcony, that kept the paper in place from flying away by the wind. The girl picked up the paper, smiling.

 

"Karina..." She got startled by a small yet throaty voice, knowing the very familiar owner of the voice---her smile grew even wider.

 

"Good morning, Winty." Karina softly greeted the newly awaken Winter who was still rubbing her eyes, but got instantly awake once she heard Karina called her in a different name.. which she found sweet.

 

W-winty? T-that's a cute n-nickname... Winter utterly thought, paying off a sweet smile she greeted her back. "Good morning." The small lady adjusted her coat before taking the unoccupied seat beside the pretty Karina.

 

Winter noticed the paper that was in Karina's hands. She can't clearly see it since their seats are a distance away from each other's. Karina hastily hid the message written on the paper by turning it upside down as Winter stretched her neck a little to take a peek at it. Awkwardness once again filled them after that cute blunder.

 

"Marriage contact?" Winter asked, looking away, jocosely, she set her gaze back to Karina who turned to her in an instant motion. Chuckling sheepishly at the question, she repeatedly shook her head on the cute lady. "No!" Winter was a little shock when Karina handed her out the paper. For as curious as she is, she took it and gave Karina a quizzical look.

 

Winter's brows furrowed as she paced her eyes on the whole paper.

 

"That's my bucket list. That's the reason why I'm here in Busan," Karina shyly confessed, Winter's eyes are still on the paper, examining every words contained in the checklist. None of those were marked done so Winter initially thought that Karina would be starting it any time soon. She read it aloud in her mind. ,

 

"I made that a year ago. I wasn't so sure if I could make all those around that time so I gave it a try this year."

 

"Busan was my first choice."

 

Winter turned a look on Karina. The two last wishes on the checklist got her eager and curious to know why those two are being noted down on the list, she finds those weird... very uncommon to see in a usual bucket list, she glanced at her in her puzzling look,

 

"You haven't fallen in love?" The cute lady innocently asked. The other lady threw her glance back at her and sheepishly mouthed her "Yes", Winter's brows lifted as her eyes widened, no words came from , gasped in awe. She was literally surprised, Karina's sudden confession got her stupefied.

 

"Really?!" Winter again asked, surprised and unconvinced. Winter shook her head internally with her thoughts,

 

There's no way she hasn't fallen in love yet! With her beauty? Liar!

 

"I isolated myself because of my condition before, Winter. That's why I didn't engage myself outside home. Meeting brand new people will definitely scar them by the day I die. So I didn't. I haven't... yet." With the words she mentioned, curiosity continued to grow in the cute lady's mind. Winter can't believe the naive idea of Karina falling in love, plus the before condition that the other keeps bringing up is bothering her head. The furrowed brows she's showing is enough to tell her eagerness to know, Winter kept an eye on the paper... eyeing what's next after the first before the very last. She wants to get married yet she hasn't been in love. Is she dying? Rushing? Winter shrugged her shoulders and gave Karina back the paper that contains the owner's bucket list.

 

"You're joking," Winter insisted, raking her contemplate gaze at the woman by her side, scoped out her seated body and her side profile.

 

"Many men have surely fantasized over you, I mean..." She once more glimpsed at the pretty woman with reminiscence of their first night together at a hotel, her y figure is indeed alluring to her... recalling how she was once heated up by just scanning her from head to toe after she bathed. Winter threw a straight look again at Karina, 

 

"I mean... you're pretty.... You're...." she stopped for a moment when the woman she's referring to glanced to her in a brisk movement of turn. Their eyes locked in a jiff, both felt awkward after...

 

"You're beautiful, Karina." Winter said, looking at her hands while she played with them, her glance turned back to Karina when she spoke.

 

"You too are, Winter." Karina truthfully said,

 

"I know." Both pretty ladies guffawed. Winter agreed with enough confidence. 

 

Silence enveloped the breezy corners of the hotel balcony as the two instantly hushed down after the give and take compliments. 

 

Winter's mind gradually came back to senses, Karina's odd back story remained strange to her.

 

"What was really your condition before?" Karina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter