Chapter 9

YOU FEEL THE SAME ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki oppa’s eomma came in the early morning around 8 am when I fell asleep again just an hour ago.

“You look so pale, my dear.” She entered the house with a worried look as she observed me.

“Good morning” I hugged her.

“Good morning, sweetie." she hugged back.

"Now that I’m here, let's eat some healthy food, for you to get better.” she said with her cheerful smile on.

Jinki oppa’s mom’s food is the best. Better than every mom in the world. I remember how I used to raid JINKI’S CHICKEN (p.s. jinki oppa's mom ran a chicken restaurant) during my visits to Gangwon-do back in time. The spicy chicken wings made by her are too delicious for the world to miss on them. I was happy and lucky to eat her food for at least a day again.

“Yes!” I said in delight to which she smiled back.

“Let me see what you have in your fridge first?” She headed to the kitchen counter as she entered the hall with already a bag in her hand with some fruits and vegetables. I followed her.

“Okay! Let’s see?” She started examining my fridge, which made me kind of anxious now.

I had all kinds of instant food there for instant hunger attacks and she definitely was not going to like it.

“No wonder you fall sick when you eat all this daily.” And here it comes.

“You should have called me for the side dishes.” there she goes.

“I forgot.” I lowered my voice.

“You guys remember everything other than to eat properly.” I kept my head low without any further comment.

She was really cute & cheerful and the only nagging we got from her was for food. She would be strict & scary when the topic of food arrived.

I will be fed with all kinds of food today, I knew but I was more than happy about it.

“Let me make breakfast first.” And she was on her job. I teleported myself to the dining table to watch her silently till she started cutting vegetables.

“You are so young. If you don’t eat properly at this age, how are you going to keep working, if you don't stay healthy?” I was getting lectured but she had a point.

She was the reason jinki oppa always had proper meals. He missed her food often and mentioned it a lot. He said once, “Eomma has one golden rule in her life, you can only work hard when your stomach is filled properly.” I remember that when I see her. She was right about it.

She was done with the soup and now she was arranging all the side dishes she brought with her in the fridge after taking out some of them for us to eat now. I approached to help her bring everything to the table. We had our breakfast talking about how busy I am due to work and how eomma was getting bored alone in Gangwon-do after the closing of the restaurant a few years back.

After finishing breakfast, she insisted that I take a nap as I took the medicines but I wanted to talk to her as we were meeting after such a long time now. I helped her with cleaning dishes and then we got some fruits to eat as we went to sit in the hall.

“RyuJin-ah, shouldn’t you have a boyfriend now?” a sudden new topic surprised me.

“And why would you ask this suddenly, eomma?” (All of us called each other’s moms eomma) I asked her to put the piece of apple in my mouth.

“Just because you are at the age of dating." she said observing me.

"You haven't dated anyone for a long time now.”

It was a casual question but it made me think about it. I actually haven't dated anyone for real except for some casual blind-dates since college.

“Don’t know. I’m not sure I think I didn't have much time for dating?” I wasn’t sure what to say exactly.

“All of you are useless. At least one of you should get married by now or atleast date. Is work everything?" she said, eyeing me.

"Who are you going to return to after work?" "Don't you need someday to share your life?” I can guess jinki oppa was questioned about dating and marriage often by now.

It was always a part of their concern as parents & we were out of excuses now.

“Why don’t you arrange blind-dates for oppa?” I asked her so that I can tease oppa with this information later.

“Do you think I haven’t?" "But either he’s busy with his schedules or the girl is not his type or he’s lazy for the day to go on a date and wants to sleep for the day?” she said, rolling her eyes.

“He keeps running away.” She ended with a deep sigh.

“It’s okay. He’ll find someone he likes" I smiled to cheer her up.

"Eomma doesn’t need to worry so much.” I patted her lap. 

“Hmm, I hope so.” She said, giving me a cute smile in return.

“Do you want me to set you on a blind date?” she cocked her eyebrow at me & had her enthusiastic smile back after a short pause.

“Me?" I almost screamed, "No!"

"I’ll search for a boy myself too, eomma!” I said being firm so that I could stop the flow of this energy to me.

“I have a friend whose son is a cardiologist too." I see that it wasn't easy though.

"Should I ask her for his number?” She had her plans no matter what I said.

“Eomma! No!” I almost whined now. 

She pouted, making a sad expression, which made me giggle at her cuteness.

“Fine!” she said, sighing cutely.

"Thank you!" I smiled at her being cute that I can't even argue.

Mom cooked some medicinal jjigae for lunch, which was apparently good for my stomach, and after having lunch we watched tv for some time and when we got bored in a while we turned it off and decided to see my childhood photo album as eomma suggested.

I had one of the albums which my parents made of my childhood photos. It had my fav photos in it, so I brought it with me to the apartment. While we saw my photos Eomma remembered many memories of jinki oppa as kid when I shared my incidents from photos with her. We spent the afternoon reminiscing about mine and jinki oppa’s childhood memories together. We laughed over how chubby jinki oppa was as child and he would tumble back as he started to sit up when he was around 1 year, and how I fell in the back yard from my bicycle injuring my nose really bad due to the bugs and so I was afraid of bicycles and bugs since then, we shared some untold memories of those times we remembered looking at my photos.

It was already 4.30 pm and if eomma has to return to Gangwon-do she should be leaving by now. Mom still wasn’t here and so eomma insisted on being with me till mom was back. I called mom to check up on her but she messaged me that her meeting won’t end before 6.30 pm and that she was really sorry towards eomma to make her stay. Eomma decided to return to Gangwon-do tomorrow morning and sleep at jinki oppa’s apartment for the night as it would be late anyway now.

We decided to have our evening coffee and prepare dinner together when mom gets home. We decided to have the boys too for dinner if they get here by dinner. So I took my phone from the coffee table as I sipped my coffee to call Jjong oppa to inform them of the plan.

We heard my door-bell ringing as I called him. He picked the call so I went to see the monitor continuing the call.

Five of them were in front of my door. Eomma had already reached the door after watching the monitor behind me.

“Oh! Did you miss me so much?” jjong oppa’s voice came from the door & phone as the call was still on & eomma opened the door for them.

I saw oppa getting shocked as he watched eomma in front of the door, “Ah! Eomma!" "Hello!” he did a 90 degree bow before entering and bit his tongue, shaking his phone at me as he saw me in the hall.

He was going to tease me for the coincident matching of the timing of my call. I giggled as he got in with his sheepish smile. Other 3 got in giggling following him and greeting eomma one by one.

Jinki oppa waited in the row,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter