Chapter 10

YOU FEEL THE SAME ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ryujin is back!!" Minho oppa announced as I closed the door behind me.

"Don't tell me, you are having office romance, Ryujin-ah?” he snapped at me loudly as I entered the hall.

“I think he likes you.” I heard taemin oppa saying as I was dragging my feet to the couch. “100%.” he said without looking at me as he was playing the game.

“Are you aware of his feelings for you?” key oppa turned to me to participate. I thought he wasn't listening to anything!?

“He seems to be a nice guy. What do you think about him?” Eomma was totally impressed by him.

“Everyone is talking like they were waiting for her to fall in love" "Let's just give her some space" "What's up with everyone?” jjong oppa said moving back to the fridge.

He took out the bottle again and drank all the water in a single shot as I watched him from where I stopped near the couch.

I was curious, what oppa felt about Dr Changmin having feelings for me?

Dr Changmin was not at all the kind of colleague to visit his fellow's house to just ask about her health and end up saying he worries about her.

I was also curious! Why was he so worried that he came home? Maybe Taemin oppa is right.

His behavior towards me has changed a lot. I ignored it because I didn't want to draw conclusions, but the way he came here today was definitely something!

But how am I gonna face him if this is true.

He is an important person to me at my workplace & this is going to make everything awkward between us.

And instead of thinking how should I confront Dr Changmin now, I was more involved in what Jjong oppa thinks about Dr Changmin and me?

Does he also want me to date Dr Changmin like others?

"I need to know what kind of person he is" "Are you already dating him?" Minho oppa said pulling my hand made me sit back on the couch with him, watching me recklessly.

“He’s a good person.” The words came out of my mouth through the stream of thoughts in my head, my eyes not leaving from jjong oppa.

I was on the verge of hurting a person who I respected a lot in my life.

He indeed was a good person & I didn't deserve any of the men, neither the one who possibly likes me, nor the one I have liked from years.

“Do you like him back then?” I saw jjong oppa snapping at me with wide eyes as soon as I ended my words. He slapped the fridge door to close it, his lips parted in shock, he moved to the window rolling his eyes. What was he angry about suddenly? 

“So do you like him too?” I was interrupted by key oppa who turned to face me in curiosity and I could see eomma's expecting eyes on me now.

Minho oppa and taemin oppa were looking at me with their full attention for better explanation.

And Jinki oppa kept shifting his gaze between me and jjong oppa not knowing exactly what to react.

Complimenting a guy. Yes! It was kind of shocking for them to hear it from me. I rarely compliment other men, when I had 5 amazing men beside me, who rarely had any flaws in my eyes.

I guess after I met these 5, it was hard to not compare other boys to them & I would then end up fighting with those boys over because of it, silently cutting ties with them when I got disappointed.

I was rarely attracted to any boy in college and was yet least interested in wooing them too, and being a nerd in school, kept my hopes low in my dating life too.

So it was really rare that I complimented a man after knowing he liked me.

Before I could answer key oppa the bell rang again.

Mom was finally home.

Taemin oppa ran to open the door for her.

“Eomma, RyuJin is getting a boyfriend soon.” He said, giving me a teasing smile as mom came in.

“What?” mom was shocked to hear this about her daughter as soon as she came.

I saw Minho oppa and key oppa laughing over taemin oppa's exaggerated comment.

“What happened? Did someone propose to you already?” she said as she caught my eye coming in.

“Possible soon!” eomma said from the dining table.

“Did you have a boy you were interested in? Why didn’t I know that?” she was excited now.

“He came to meet her a while ago.” Minho oppa eyed me, he was still between teasing me & wondering the truth.

Everyone was having their piece of pleasure of teasing me.

“We don't know anything for sure yet.” Key oppa tugged Minho oppa's arm.

“What is happening here?” Mom was so confused now by everyone’s random information.

“Eomma, why don’t you take a wash first? You must be tired all day.” Jjong oppa said, interrupting the energy getting over-the-top with laughter and mumbling of the other 4 in the room.

“Okay.” Mom started going towards the bedroom , giving me a confusing eye. I looked away avoiding her gaze. What explanation I had anyway for all of these things!

-----------------

“What do you think about him?” mom asked me. All of us were seated on the dining table now to eat dinner.

Eomma and jinki oppa told mom what exactly happened before she came home. And she was participating with everyone to know about my thoughts on Dr Changmin.

Everyone’s eyes were on me as mom asked me the question.

I kept eating slowly through my plate, not looking up as I was not ready to match eye-contact with any of them at that point, especially, jjong oppa.

“Nothing. He’s not that kind of person to me.” I kept my eyes down on the plate.

“But he likes you,” Minho oppa said in a serious tone to get a proper explanation.

“We still don’t know that for sure.” I said trying to play safe seeing the danger I was getting into now.

“Then we can confirm it.” Eomma said, clapping her hands.

“How?'' Taemin oppa's eyes lit up with curiosity about the plan.

Everyone was too excited to hook me up with him.

Although it really wasn’t their fault, as the youngest kid of the family everyone wanted me to date and introduce my boyfriend to them but I always had many excuses to turn them down before Dr Changmin came into the scenario.

He was a sincere and responsible person, which I couldn't deny. In everyone's eyes, he was a perfect boyfriend for me. But all I was worried about was that I didn't have the same feelings for him.

Was I going to hurt his feelings now? I just hope for a while that all of this is not true.

Eomma and mom were suggesting that I call him over dinner someday but I managed to convince them that I need to talk to him first. Thankfully, they agreed to wait.

I had another struggle waiting at the hospital now.

-----------------

On Monday morning,

As I woke at 7 am as usual, I got a text from Jjong oppa saying,

Let's have breakfast together. You won’t eat proper breakfast otherwise. So let’s eat together. I can drop you at the hospital on my way.’

We didn’t talk much after that day. But he texted me twice a day to check if I’m eating my meals and taking medicines, and that was all we talked about. He seemed a bit flustered & was not cool with Dr Changmin’s visit.

Oppa was always a bit over-protective. Maybe, he was over-protective or maybe it was because I was more shocked and worried after it and everyone kept pushing me to consider dating him.

Of course, he didn’t want me to be obliged to date just because everyone thought he was a perfect match for me. He convinced mom to stay calm and let me have my space when mom got excited & was bombarding me with several questions. 

Did I like someone? 

Why don't I think about Dr Changmin if he's a nice man to date? 

And many more like this, which I didn't want to address right now.

Sometimes, Oppa did share a part of my worries by even thinking about them on part of me & acting on them too.

I got ready to leave and called him to meet in a café near-by my apartment where we could have breakfast.

He offered to drop m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter