Chapter 6

YOU FEEL THE SAME ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oppa drove the car in front of the club gate and left the car to the valet.

We got out of the car to head towards the gate of the club.

This club was the private club we started with Minho oppa and Jjong oppa’s very good friend and a bar-tender by profession, Yunho oppa. All six of us invested in it with our earnings 3 years back and offered membership to our close friends for financial stability, of course we had LeeJinki-ssi as our finance manager, so it started quite well & was our immensely big investment till now. 

The club included only the close friends, some of shinee boys, some being mine. And it was thus our hideout spot, we often had our hangouts there, for quite a few years now.

As we were entering the entrance, oppa draped his arm around my shoulder and directed me inside.

My heart skipped a beat! The cells of my body were delighted being in his arms, feeling safest in the world.

I was watching him & his face was glowing whenever he smiled. 

I have never looked at him so carefully for so long to realize, this is how much he affects me. 

I loved him holding me by his side & that wasn't just the touch but his presence beside me that was satisfying enough to make me feel secure.

I was grinning like a fool now in no seconds, feeling pain in my cheeks already as they struggled to not burst like a balloon.

It wasn't new still the feeling was getting fascinating now.

Seeing him as a man I love, was getting fascinating slowly, now that I was more clear of my thoughts with time. 

We were inside but oppa’s arm was still on my shoulder which felt too cozy now. I didn't want him to take it away ever, I liked it.

I looked inside as we walked to the bar, and noticed Minho oppa and Jinki oppa dancing on the dance floor with their unusual moves as always, lost in their own world.

As we got in, Key oppa was talking to Yunho oppa, the bar-tender at the bar, while Taemin oppa was nowhere to be seen around.

We walked further, getting ourselves seated on the stools before the bar.

I sat next to key oppa facing the dance floor to watch Minho oppa and jinki oppa dancing. It was really funny to watch them dance crazy. I found myself laughing as Key oppa turned to us.

“Yah! Why are you guys so late?"

"I was so bored seeing them watch dance like this for the 3rd time now since we arrived” he asked, frowning looking between me & the dancing duo, as I chuckled at him in response.

“I had to change before coming so we went to my house first.” I reasoned our delay.

“Oh I see! I can't believe Kim Jonghyun was waiting for you” He said looking over Jjong oppa through me with suspicious eyes.

"Yah! I have waited for you too” ''Don't act up in front of her now." I looked between both of them confused about their secret eye signals going on.

I guess there was one of the key oppa's teasing comments coming up now.

“He said you are coming here for today’s plan" he was watching me as I turned to him to listen, "We were happy to see you after so long.” He gave me his smile, bright & cute enough to make me smile back. He was right, it was a really long time after minho oppa returned from the military as we only had a short & small get together then, everyone getting busy soon, thereafter.

“Cheers! You made it today.” he raised his glass pushing my glass of drink to my side and waited to clink it.

"We missed you" he whispered, leaning in my direction as I watched him with a constant smile on my face now.

“Cheers!" I said clinking our glasses. 

"I missed you guys too” I pouted trying to live up to my maknae position. I really missed them a lot in the last 2 years.

Visiting them in the military was the only way I was meeting them for the past 2 years. And it was more than 2 years when we were having a proper hangout like this together.

“Thankfully she takes less time than you to get ready & she doesn't nag me even after waiting.” Jjong oppa said, raising his glass to clink with ours looking towards the key oppa with a raised eyebrow.

I laughed at oppa's counter-attack over key oppa's comment.

“Are you both not a couple for sure?” he said, eyeing both of us with a suspicious stare putting his chin in his hand on the desk of the bar.

“You shouldn't drink much, Ryujin!” jonghyun oppa said, giving me a warning-eye leaving the bar gulping the last sip of his drink, totally ignoring key oppa's question. I nodded silently watching him turn back to walk away.

Key oppa shifted his eyes to me expecting a proper answer. He sometimes gets really stubborn about getting attention for his curiosities, not leaving us alone, especially when he doesn't have anything to hook his mind on.

"What?" I asked, resting my chin in my hand with the elbow on the table as I turned to look at him.

"You both should seriously think about it," he said observing my expressions.

"It's better how we are right now." I was looking forward to Yunho oppa who was working on his next cocktail already.

"I wish I was like you" he said out of nowhere, making me curious about his words now.

Did he have a crush on someone? He's not a one-sided crush types though. What is going on?

I was watching him suspiciously for a while as he looked between the dance floor & his drink before gulping it in one shot.

My head was already filled with lots of things to fill in something else.

So I took the last sip of my cocktail to turn back to the dance floor again.

My eyes found the figure of Jjong oppa moving up to the stairs now.

And a slight grin started forming on my lips as I traced him taking the stairs to reach the first floor as he walked folding his sleeves up, it was really y for a hot guy to be doing it in front of my eyes. 

Maybe I was really missing this delicious treat right in front of me.

I shook my head on the thought to brush it away immediately. 

Possibly, I was already drunk, as I felt the bitterness of the drink on my tongue, as I shivered before sitting straight on my stool to focus my eyes on him again.

He ran towards the DJ cabinet to enter the cabin, his body already synced with the music playing.

I could see from the transparent glass now that he did a high-five with the DJ and took the headphones to hear the music and started playing with stereo system below for mixing the songs, shuffling in between the list of songs on the PC and stereo system, that was resulting into the music we could hear now playing in the speakers. He was talking with the DJ removing one side of the headphones between the work he was doing on the stereo.

He’s full of life when he’s listening to music, his legs shaking on the beat while he’s ready for the next EDM mix he is going to add. 

I was quite familiar with this image of him fiddling with the stereo at the DJ's desk, smiling at the monitor with equalizers on them & enjoying the music he played; it looked like he could see all the beats that were playing & he was shuffling them within where they would fit exactly.

He looked something extraordinary with the music I would hear in the background played by him .

His song 'Neon' was playing on the desk.

And I was still mesmerized with the person in front of my eyes as his rhythmic voice & accompanying percussion beats filled my ear steadily.

I think I was always in love with this Kim Jonghyun, I have always loved seeing him put on those headphones and dance to the music he loved or just grooving slowly, shaking his body to the smallest rhythms that played.

I had been coming to the clubs with him and shinee since I was an adult, to be specific 7 years now, if I remember properly. It was often with them that I went to clubs as I grew up hanging out with them most often. And whenever I saw him standing there listening to the music, grooving, I could feel the same wave of energy flowing through my body as I watched him from afar.

He seemed more than just a singer or songwriter, which the whole world knew him for. It was always exciting to see him so intrigued in music. I didn't want to touch any of his senses at that moment. It was more beautiful to just watch him from this world.

“He wanted to hang-out with us here today. He messaged on the group chat in the afternoon if we had any solo schedules tonight and as soon as everyone replied 'no' he said that everyone should be here in the evening or he may kick out everyone from the group chat forever" "We kept him on read as usual but seems everyone agreed silently” I heard key oppa when my eyes were still lingering on Jonghyun oppa.

I gave out a soft laugh over how cute he bosses around s on the group chats, drawing circles on my glass still my eyes on him.

“He is too tired because of his solo album promotions and the magazine photo-shoot for GRAZIA with Tiffany noona being together.” key oppa continued as I turned to look at him now to know he was watching his glass carefully.

Shinee were working really hard and busy every-day because of their group as well as solo schedules. So key oppa and other members could understand why jonghyun oppa wanted this hangout tonight. It was a usual relaxed night out once in a while for us to chill out & relieve our stress. He wanted to relax with his friends before starting his heavy schedules again. We all needed a timeout from work so it was good to enjoy together like this.

“Tiffany-ssi is beautiful. I met her this afternoon.” I said before taking a gulp of my drink.

“They look good together,” I said, glancing at Jjong oppa who was meeting some friends from the club, upstairs.

“Noona asked him out but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter