Chapter 1

YOU FEEL THE SAME ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Good morning to me!! 

I can't help but get up everyday reminding myself that there is going to be something good ahead in my day.

I woke up early today with anxiety about the conference we had today with the Japanese medical team, took a shower while ago, made myself cheese-toast and orange-juice and got my phone unlocked as I sat on the dining table to eat my breakfast.

It wasn't pretty breakfast I know, but it was easy & enough to keep me from starving till the afternoon, as I know it's gonna be a dead-tired day today to have any meal before afternoon.

A new update flashed in notifications. And it was oppa’s update!

I was excited to see what was coming out this time. Was it any big news? Was he having a comeback? Was he going on some unusual show?

And it turned out to be the magazine release!!......the one he had with Tiffany, the famous singer & an incredible model. It was the first time he shot for an entire magazine with a girl model. I knew her as key oppa's friend, but we had never met each other in person before.

So the magazine was released today!!

I had liked this magazine since I got interested in fashion 3 years back now, after scrolling down some fashion magazines randomly when I went shopping with Key oppa! It was a kind of influence he had on me, after growing 10 years with him. So I excitedly opened the article in a quite casual curiosity.

Their shots were well taken as usual, the fashion statement this time was suitable for oppa too, she looked good with him apparently!

And? She seems quite interested in him?

I mean she can be, what's wrong? He's charming & handsome, isn't it obvious?

I don't know, I think it's her eyes on him! Or maybe their proximity!

Or maybe just because they both are beautiful looking people !?

Maybe it's the chemistry!?

He's good at photoshoots anyway.

Ah! He's Kim jonghyun after all!

OH MY GOD! It's just a magazine!

Why do you sound so concerned about their chemistry all of a sudden?

She’s his friend!

Maybe?

It seems that they're friends already, at least from the photos, they are quite comfortable with each other.

Is she Oppa's type? Does he like her too?

There I am! AGAIN!

There's a girl near him & this mind is going crazy again!

Ryujinah! I groaned my own name in agitation.

Is this really normal between friends?

I mean he appears with someone or other all-the-time, he is an idol, he is popular.... he's a public figure, for god's sake, its his work!

But I'm still stuck with my old insecurities, which pops out of nowhere every-time!

It wasn't rare & not that often too, but these feelings comes back naturally for someone as charismatic as Tiffanny-ssi!

I was being jealous again, right?

I was being the uncomfortable one yet again.

Can I stop being his dating police for a long time now? This habit of mine is getting over-the-board now.

I was acting as if she was some evil witch trying to lure my prince away from me.

Why am I even being so sentimental over him?

“What’s wrong with me?” it came out loud from all the silent thoughts. I was surprised by the trail of my own thoughts.

I am behaving strange these days. VERY STRANGE!!

My phone started ringing, snapping me out of my thoughts.

It was our nurse Hyejin, “Dr Ryujin, can you come to the hospital in the next 20 mins? I think the medical team from Japan will be arriving here earlier than we expected, Dr. Changmin was searching for you."

"He said you had the final presentation of the conference. So I called you.” her voice was fresh because of the morning energy she had.

It was 9 in the morning, the most important moment of my career was happening today, and I'm thinking about all this from the start of my day. WOW!

Why was I so bothered by oppa's dating life at the start of my day? That too just over a purely professional article?

Anyway I have to go to my job, and need to crack today's conference first.

Pausing my thoughts, realizing nurse Hyejin still waiting for my answer, I breathed to speak, “I’ll be there in 15 mins! Can you please inform everyone to be in the conference hall till then?”

I ended the call as I heard her “okay” on the other side.

I looked at the pictures again. 'They look so good together'

Jjong oppa I think you need to wait!

But I'll be back.

I need to solve this problem of my mind.

It's high time. 

I stood up from my chair, pushed the remaining piece of the bread in my mouth, drank all the juice in one gulp & went to the bedroom, letting out a deep sigh on my way, stretching my arms to push away the rest of my lethargy for the day to kick-start for the challenge I had in front of me right now.

------------------

Everyone was already in the conference room when I reached the hospital. I removed my laptop on the way, attached my pen drive to it after placing it on the table and started explaining the details of today’s conference to everyone without any delay.

I was nervous a lot but Dr Changmin kept smiling at me.

Whenever I looked at him for confidence, he kept me assured that I’m doing all right.

As I ended the sample presentation I had prepared for the conference, Our head of cardiology department approached me, extended his hand for a handshake giving me a long & wide smile, “Good job, you have prepared everything really well. Keep it up, Dr Ryujin!” he said as I took his hand to return with a humble smile.

“Dr Changmin helped me through this. It’s all thanks to him.” I responded looking towards Dr Changmin with a proud smile, as that was the highest emotion I was feeling then.

I was hosting this conference on his request as I was already researching the topic of the conference. He did his best to make sure I was preparing everything that was needed.

“I’m so proud of you.” The head turned to Dr Changmin and he bowed in response.

The Japanese medical team was in the hospital around 10 am. We received them at the main gate and headed to the conference hall immediately.

I was still nervous, but after encouraging words from our head and other delegates of the hospital, I decided to do my best.

I started the presentation with confidence and ended it well too with all the will I had gathered for the day.

The chief of the team was seated with our head and they exchanged a few words. Both of them were exchanging their looks from me to each other with a satisfied smile after the presentation ended, so I took it as a 'well & good' sign.

I shifted my eyes to Dr Changmin to get assurance and he was already looking at me with a big smile and clapping his hands till I came back from stage to where he was standing.

He extended his hand to me as I approached him “Congratulations. You did well.” he said as I took his hands “Thank you so much Dr Changmin” I was quite overwhelmed for a moment after finishing the entire presentation in front of the main guests finally.

The conference ended around 2.30 pm, after the delegates shared their feedbacks too.

And all that was prepared was accomplished & I was praised by all the delegates & chief of the team, and everything went great than I thought in my nervousness.

I was on cloud nine now, being the star of an international conference of the hospital myself was a dream come true.

I was always hopeful when I saw my seniors host it & I was the host this time, so it was a big deal!

I was also killing-hungry by now & couldn't wait to stuff my mouth with food, so as soon as we departed the japan team, all I needed was food!

I started walking to the cafeteria to eat my lunch finally now that no one was going to load me with another task to be done.

“Dr Ryujin!” I heard my name as I turned nervous to notice Dr Changmin in the corridor.

I ran towards him in hurry, “Why Dr what happened?"

"Do you need anything?” I asked in case there was any afterwork pending that I missed.

“Yes" he was watching me with a soft smile, as I blinked to remember if I missed any pending work.

"You!” What was he referring to?

“Me..?” I was confused.

“Can we have lunch together today?” he said, giving out a small laugh before starting the words.

“Oh?” Lunch, it was! 

“Yeah sure, let’s go to a café together.” I gestured in the direction of the cafe.

I forgot that he must be hungry too as we all have been busy with conference since morning now.

“Let's go out for lunch, my treat! There’s a nice restaurant near our hospital. Let's go there.” he said, waiting for my answer.

A treat! My eyes were widened on him, as I went silent for a moment.

Dr Changmin's treat is a rare offer, as far as I knew, he's too busy to eat out, everytime we ask him to come with us. I was surprisingly glad that maybe I did quite well if he’s actually treating me for a meal now.

“Okay! sure. but we have a surgery at 4pm, doctor?” I reminded him as we were already short of time due to the conference.

I looked at my phone to check the time.

And It will probably take more than 30 mins if we go out for lunch & it was already 2.45 pm now. 

"We'll be back on time, don't worry! You deserve a treat today!" he said, gesturing his eyes to the gate of the hospital.

The way I had seen Dr Changmin for the last 2 years, he was a considerate, kind and humble person, which had made me grow to respect him a lot at this point of time.

The day I came to the hospital he took our session of introduction as our mentor and I was really scared of him for months as he was very strict about rules and regulations. But now that I have worked with him continuously for more than a year now, I came to know how soft and shy he is inside, who loves to treat his patients with utmost care and therefore he’s so strict about his professional life.

I couldn't even look into his eyes before in the last 2 years when he was my mentor, but my research topic collided with his speciality, our projects started blending together, which eventually gave me this conference after two years in the hospital now. This conference made me learn a lot of things about him, while working with him.

But wasn't he treating me too nice suddenly?

Anyway, he has been less awkward since the conference preparations. Maybe he was finally seeing my sincere efforts. I was working really hard for this conference. And it was a very important conference for me & my career, so I wanted to give my best. I can be impressive when I'm confident, so I think I was quite successful in winning his confidence on me this time.

But it was still a bit awkward to go out with him alone for a lunch, I was still scared of him a bit. 

Afterall he's the senior with whom I can't be really comfortable alone, and we didn't talk much other than professional topics, so I didn't know what was I going to talk with him alone other than work?

I'll just bore him this way!!

Even now, he's talking on calls continuously like a famous figure, instructing the people working with him in his care centers, and I am feeling so small sitting here beside him, to say anything but thank you for his help everytime I open my mouth!

He was doing all the great work there & I was still a rookie, being ecstatic over her simple first conference. 

I was silent all over the ride, as he was busy with his calls as he drove the car to the restaurant.

We reached the restaurant in 15 mins by car. We took the table and ordered the food, and were waiting for it then.

Dr Changmin looked at me with a smile on his face “You were really nervous there, weren't you?” he said wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter