CHAPTER 7

Let me, ruin your life too.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a busy week for Jeongyeon as usual. But tomorrow is the 4th Sunday of the month, the only day she can take her day off since she has lots of patients. Finally, she can soon have some time with Mina before Mina’s vacation ended next week.

 

Jeongyeon just got done with the round visits of her patients, she’s now on her break so she was going to buy some coffee outside but her phone buzz for a text message. She ignored it but a call came up next. She sighs, taking the call though it’s against her will.


“What?” She answered annoyed. Her team knows she doesn’t accept calls after work hours.

 

“I’m sorry Dr. Yoo.” Her assistant opened with an apology. “But a VIP is already waiting for you at your office.” She informs and Jeongyeon immediately wrinkled her forehead with the news, unamused with it.

 

“What do you mean? I don’t have any schedule for this hour. And I told you not to accept new VIPs since I have enough already. Cancel this whatever unnecessary appointment. Now.” Jeongyeon is currently making her own name famous by her performance as a neurosurgeon. She’s smart, skilled, and young. So naturally, wealthy people will appoint her as their doctor. But Yoo Jeongyeon wants to be a normal doctor. which she’s not only required on treating VIPs like this.

 

“But… the director himself came and escorted her to your office. It seems like your dad— I mean the director, forgot to properly transfer this schedule of consultation to you last week. We can’t decline this now Dr. Yoo. Plus, she’s a famous person. I don’t think we’ll handle if she ever talked about this hospital.”

 

Listening to that info, Jeongyeon wasn’t that surprised anymore. The Director of this hospital, which is also her dad just can’t last at week without ruining a day of his favorite daughter. Jeongyeon is already having a headache, she sighs, giving up.

 

“Okay… Tell the VIP I’ll be there in a minute.” Jeongyeon dropped the call, walking fast to the direction of her office.

 

For Yoo Jeongyeon, time is precious. And she’s always committed on her goal. The moment she entered her office, she didn’t even mind to greet the person who waited for her. She seated on her chair, taking out the folder on her desk. She scans the pages for a second and then…

 

“Miss…” Reading the name made Jeongyeon to finally look up and face the person in front of her. “Sharon?” She added confused. “Isn’t your name Im Nayeon? Or is this your real name?” She didn’t mind asking. And the person at her front suddenly sighs out of relief making her more confused.

 

“So, you recognized me doctor.” Nayeon let out some laugh. “I’m sorry it’s just, you didn’t even spare a glance on me when you came. I thought you didn’t know me. I thought I lost my popularity here in Korea already.” Nayeon jokes, while Jeongyeon shared a little smile too, at least in fake.

 

“Everybody knows you I think, Ms. Im Nayeon. You’re the first Korean Model who has become successfully big internationally. Your face is everywhere in this country so of course I can recognize you. But it doesn’t matter.”

 

“Huh?” Nayeon muttered, not really getting the last sentence.

 

Jeongyeon felt like this is some of the instances she hates the most. When a rich person doesn’t understand the work of ethics.

 

“No matter how big, popular and powerful you are, I don’t care. I am a doctor. I don't look at the person's status. That’s what I mean, Ms. Im Nayeon. So, I’m sorry if I offended you for not acting surprise seeing you, Ms. Im Nayeon.” Jeongyeon didn’t realized she’s being rude again….

“L-Let’s proceed with the consultation. I’ll call my assistant now.” When she realized she immediately escaped from Nayeon’s innocent gazes to her, she felt uncomfortable with it. She reached her telephone on the side.

 

“I like you.”

 

But was stopped, she slowly looked up to the famous model, can’t even react properly, just blank and loading. Nayeon liked that reaction even more, she chuckled.

 

“Your personality I mean. Your dad is right. You’re the perfect doctor I wanted.” Nayeon explains and Jeongyeon felt the relief after. It’s not that Jeongyeon is taking that confession for real, just thought they will be awkward after Nayeon said that out of nowhere.

 

Nayeon kept her smile as she put the back of her left hand on her cheek…

 

“I noticed that you were rushing here, you maybe have some schedule after this but I’m sorry I am not here for myself. She’s still on her way. I’m sorry, you need to wait more.”

 

Jeongyeon snickered after hearing that. She checked her watch for the time showing that she’s not happy she needed to wait when she runs fast earlier for this sudden appointment. Still, can only nod once since she doesn’t have a choice. She smiled then at Nayeon, at least in fake.

 

For a whole minute they got covered in awkwardness. Jeongyeon didn’t know how to have conversation except when it’s about work that’s why.

 

Nayeon on the other hand is just looking around the office. She didn’t mind the silence actually.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter