《 STEP 2 》

How to steal a heart

2. Do a small favors or ask for favors

 

Cherry enters the dance room, looking for someone she needs to talk to quickly, she opens the door of the dance studio where Jjae was dancing, music blasting in the room.

 

“Jjae!” Cherry shouted, trying to get his attention. Jjae quickly turns off the music and quickly walks over to her, worried imprinted in his face.

 

“Cherry! What’s up?” He asked worriedly as Cherry seemed in a rush to tell him something.

 

“You study law, right?” Cherry asked, Jjae was processing the question slowly as he didn’t seem to not get what was going on.

 

“Kinda...no..I do dance..” Jjae denies, seeing Cherry’s face turn into a disappointed expression, he smiles to lighten the mode.

 

“But! I’ve seen my parents do it!” Jjae exclaimed, Cherry quickly smiled again and pulled him where she needed to be.

 

~~

 

Cherry and Jjae both walk into the landlord, Ms Yoo’s office, Cherry trying her best to look intimidating, while Jjae also tries the same.

 

“How may I help you?” She asks in a confused tone to why they are staninds with their arms crossed looking at her with a fierce glare.

 

“It’s about my eviction notice, can’t you just give us a bit more time?” Cherry begged as she gave up on trying to look intimidating. 

 

“Nope, why don’t you guys just pay rent.” She responded, which made Cherry just start to get pissed. Are there any sympathy for these people?

 

“Did Ricky make you guys do this?” Jjae asked, that name made Ms. Yoo’s mind but she knew she had to deny that it wasn’t him.

 

“We can’t tell you that.”

 

“ing Ricky!” Cherry exclaimed, clearly pissed that Ricky had just sabotaged her just right after Jjae sabotaged Samuel like he wanted.

 

“It’s clearly not legal to do that.” Cherry pointed it, Ms.Yoo just simply shrugged, pretending to play dumb.

 

“Okay then..just take the 70 cents off, I hate impaired numbers.” Cherry tried her best to calm down but once Ms. Yoo shook her head, that anger came back.

 

“Cherry, you can’t do that..” Jjae whispered, Cherry looked over at him with a fierce glare, once he knew what he came to do, he was quick to defend Cherry. “Just take the damn 70 cents off.”

 

“Fine, 70 cents. That’s it.” Ms. Yoo agrees.

 

“Now leave.” Cherry starts to leave the door, defeated, when Jjae finally decides to speak up for Cherry.

 

“Wait no. I want to make a court case for her, it isn’t fair that she just gets evicted from her apartment if she pays rent every month,” Jjae says in an intimidating voice, Cherry who already left peeks her head at the door with confusion. 

 

“Fine, my lawyer will be in contact with you soon.” Ms. Yoo sternly said, and Jjae answered with a fine nod.

 

“Her lawyer will be in contact with you soon too.” Jjae said once more before leaving her office, making sure to close the door behind the two.

 

“I don’t have a lawyer..” Cherry mumbled, Jjae put his arm around Cherry, giving her butterflies as he patted her shoulder.

 

“I’ll talk to my mom, she likes you a lot so you’ll have her as a lawyer.”

 

“Thanks Jjae..”

 

“Anytime,”

 

--

 

“So, why are we wearing suits again?” Dannu asked as everyone was wearing some type of formal attire.

 

“We are wearing suits because today is the choosing of the new president of Foxes Of Enozi, and that this kinda depends on your future,” Madison explained, Potro nudged Aitor who wouldn’t stop checking the older girl out. Giving him the look to say something.

 

“You look good today,” Aitor complimented with a warm grin, Madison grins back at him as they both felt shy with each other all the sudden.

 

“Thank you, Aitor.” Madison shyly responded, never in her old teams people would compliment her just on her first day.

 

“Look at your brother, already flirting with the new trainer..” Yahir said to Danny as he scoffed, shaking his head slowly as he couldn’t believe his own eyes.

 

“Well it’s about to start so let's head over to the debate room..”

 

~~

 

“Hey Victoria!” Yahir greeted, Victoria quickly turns the other way once she sees a familiar face in the group Yahir was in

 

“Get her.” Aitor commanded to which Yahir quickly ran to Victoria and right behind Yahir followed, Victoria trips on the floor, which brings them an advantage to catching up to her.

 

“Please I can’t talk to Danny…” Victoria begged as she knew what Yahir and Aitor were going to make her do, she looked at Yahir and Aitor with fear as they towered her.

 

“Vicky, love, you are never going to get anywhere if you just avoid him,” Aitor sings, Yahir agrees with a nod.

 

“Let’s be honest, if I told him the reason why I act like this around him is because I like him, do you think he’ll like me?” Victoria asked, Yahir and Aitor looked at each other before looking back Victoria (who’s still on the floor)

 

“No-”

 

“Exactly,” Victoria exclaimed as she finally got up from the ground, patting her lap as she took off the dust that stained her jeans.

 

“I’m done with you, we’re gonna help you.” Aitor said, patting his laps before signalling to Yahir to get one of Victoria’s arms while Aitor grabs the other so they could drag her to the seat.

 

When they arrive the room is in a dimmed blue light, two podiums with a microphone each, and some chairs sitting around while three judges sat at another table in front of those podiums.  

 

“Potro..psh..” Jjae tried to get Potro’s attention, the said person turned around to the back seat where Jjae was sitting Cherry

 

“Invite Natalie to sit next to you,” Jjae encouraged, Potro pressed his lips into a line as he tried to look for Natalie, once he saw one of the other players about to sit he was quick to put his jacket on the seat.

 

“This seat is taken.”  Potro spoke, he furrowed his eyebrows as he looked around to see who was it taken by.

 

“By who?” He asked, Potro looked around and saw Natalie behind him as she was approaching them so she could sit next to Cherry.

 

“By her.” Potro pointed out, Natalie looked confused but her oblivious crush for Potro was getting clearer as a visible blush painted her face.

 

“Me?” Natalie pointed at herself in confusion, Potro gave her a grin and patted the now empty seat, Natalie hesitantly sat down next to him with a shy grin.

 

After time of whining, Victoria is now seated next to Danny while Yahir sits next to her and Aitor behind her, she feels watched by those two.

 

“Hey you-” Danny starts to speak about Victoria’s forgotten bicycle she had left the first time they talked, Victoria gets up but Aitor grabs her by the shoulder while Yahir extends his arm to keep her down on her seat.

 

“You forgot your bicycle last time, and I wanted to give it back..” Danny continued, Victoria clears trying to sit up as she slumped on her chair before.

 

She looks over at Yahir for advice, the only thing she earned from him was a thumbs up as encouragement.

 

~~

 

Samuel looks over the door to see his teammates waiting for them, he tightens up his tie before taking some deep breaths to try to relax his bad anxiety. 

 

“It’s nice seeing you again.” A voice spoke behind him, that voice made him sink inside as he just never wanted to hear that voice in his life again.

 

“Why are you here?” Samuel asked, not wanting to look over at her.

 

“What do you mean? Why are you here?”

 

“I’m here to get the presidency of the club,” Samuel responded coldly.

 

“At least we are here for the same thing,” Angelique scoffed, standing next to Samuel. He looks over at Angelique  with a disbelieving look.

 

“I’m not letting you get the presidency of my club,” Samuel says in a determined tone, Angelique  lets out her usual angelic giggle as she couldn’t believe Samuel was actually going to compete with her.

 

“Good luck with that,” Angelique smirked, looking away from Samuel and just faced forward, waiting for their names to be announced.