《 STEP 3 》

How to steal a heart

Victoria is woken by the strong smell of perfume. Finally opening her eyes, she sees the cause of that. 

 

“What’s up with you?” Victoria asked, seeing Natalie spraying perfume all overself, wearing a pastel blue plain shirt while a white black skirt and tennis shoes.

 

“I’m meeting my parents, but before that I need to help Potro with something.” explained Natalie.

 

--

 

Clearly pissed, that was how Angelique felt. She had lost that debate, and now she had to deal with just watching and not giving orders to the players. Danny sees her visible stress and stops dribbling balls around the field to sit next to Angelique.

 

“Don’t think much about it, Angy.” Danny suggested, Angelique let out a sigh as he placed her hand on her head.

 

“How can’t I? I don’t even know what to do anymore…”Angelique said in a disappointing tone, Danny trying to comfort her and place his hand on Angelique’s shoulder.

 

“We have a game tomorrow, it's the first one for the tournament..” 

 

“With The city of loonverse..” Danny sighed, as the city of Loonverse is their arch nemesis, they’ve never been able to defeat them. The last time they defeated them was 18 years ago and that's it and then 8 more times until 8 years later. “Then we played with Buddy, then Weeklyings, and then I forgot everyone else..” 

 

“Good luck, Daeng,” Angelique smiled warmly, trying to forget her worries. But how can she when she still worries that the team is still going to lose.

 

“Danny! Start practicing!” Yahir shroud from the other side of the field, Danny gave her another aussing smile before running over to where Yahir was calling him.

 

--

 

“So what are in these boxes?” Natalie asked as she carried a medium sized box that was slightly heavy to Potro’s trunk of his car.

 

“It’s the new jerseys for the team,” Potro explained, hearing that Natalie’s eyes brightened as she hadn’t found out that the team was changing jerseys so this was something exciting to her.

 

“Really? Can I see them?” Natalie beckoned to find out what they looked like first, Potro gave her a smile and opened one of the boxes that were labeled with a heart. 

 

 

After digging inside the box, he takes out a slightly oversized shirt, and hands it to Natalie. “This is for you,”

 

“For me?” Natalie asked, Potro nodded as he smiled. He flips to the back of the shirt where it was labeled “Natalie 06”.

 

When Natalie tries to put on she starts to struggle, Potro lets out a giggle as he helps her out. He pulls the shirt sides as an attempt so she can put her head through the whole, the two stop what they’re doing as they realize the position they were in. Potro with his hands on her waist and Natalie holding onto his biceps.

 

“Before we ordered this I realized you look adorable in oversized shirts..” Potro complimented, with that Natalie slightly backed away, feeling shy of the compliment.

 

“I can do it myself from here..” Natalie turned around, not wanting him to see that she was blushing extremely hard. Potro also looked away, making their backs facing each other.

 

Did he believe in love or crushes? No. he didn’t believe in that and just thought it was just games to be expected to lose, but this seemed different. And yes, he doesn’t believe in love at first sight.

 

Well, there are some secrets he has never told...like that he has been having the biggest crush on Natalie ever since he got into the soccer team five years ago, he just never mentioned it. The only people who know about this are Danny, Yahir and Samuel (and Victoria is suspicious about it).

 

Does he regret what he just did? Yes.

 

“So..I need your help on something..” Natalie spoke, Potro slowly turned around, trying to avoid eye contact.

 

“I need to show my parents that I have a boyfriend..and I was wondering if you could be my boyfriend for only 1 hour, that’s it. I’ll pay you in any way..” Natalie begged, Potro pursed his lips into a straight line as he thought about it. In any way? No. no. Potro. Be the innocent guy to are. 

 

“Yeah! How is this going to work..?” Asked Potro.

 

“I have to be there in half an hour so..” 

 

 

 

---

 

“Aitor!” Madison shouted, Aitor quickly turned around like an obedient puppy wagging its tail. 

 

“Good job!” Madison beckons for a high five to which he quickly gives her a high five as a smile imprints his face.

 

Minutes later, Madison is blabbering about strategies on how to aim and shoot (even though Aitor has heard it millions of times), right now the only thing Aitor is worrying about is her hand that is placed on his thigh while the other one is on his waist, making him feel flustered inside.

 

“Can someone take a picture of this?” Danny snickered, he just couldn’t believe they had just met for 3 days but their physical contact with each other if they had met each other for months.

 

“You are just jealous that your brother can actually conquer girls unlike you,” Yahir commented, making Danny shocked as he knew that it wasn’t true and he actually could.

 

“I can! I just have better things to do,” Danny exclaimed, Yahir let out a sarcastic hum making Danny scoff in disbelief to that response.

 

“My wonderful team!” Samuel calls as he enters the field, a smile on his face as he approaches them with wide arms.

 

Once the team is surrounding him, Samuel clears his voice and starts to speak. “As you know, we are against our rival..” 

 

“We are going to lose.” Aitor cutted him off, Samuel turns his head to Aitor before giving him a sharp and fierce glare.

 

“Aitor. Shut up.” Samuel shushed him, Madison gave Aitor a pat on the shoulder, it was pretty obvious they had low expectations.

 

“Come on! Cheer up! We need to try our best and win!” Samuel tried cheering them up, but it didn’t seem to work. Everyone still had blank faces, giving Samuel a blank start along with their expression. 

 

“Okay..get back to practice…” Samuel shooed them away, everyone broke away to their own positions, redoing a practice game. Samuel just stares at them, observing every moment they do, he looks over to Yahir who was walking over to him.

 

“You tried,” Yahir commented on him trying to do a speech. Samuel looks over to him and puts his arm around him.

 

“Thanks, Yahir...” 

 

--

 

“You guys are a bunch of idiots! He was clear!” Yahir shouts at them, seeing that they didn’t pass it to their player, Hyeju.

 

“Damn..why are you so hard on them?” Danna asked, Yahir scoffed as hard for him was even worse, this is the only the first stage of hell he would bring his players.

 

“It’s the only way they understand apparently,”  Yahir exhaled some air, Danna looked over at his clipboard, it was the picture of the lineup, making her curious. 

 

“Can I ask what is the line up?” Asked Danna, Yahir nodded and handed her the clipboard.

 

“Danny is the goalie, Potro, Ryujin, Dahyun, Hyeju are our defense, Jjae, Jinsoul, Jeongyeon are our midfielders, Aitor, Hyeju, Soyeon are our forwards.” 

 

“I didn’t understand anything but okay,” Danna answered honestly, Yahir let out a laugh as he expected that type of answer, Danna laughed along with him. Oh, how much he loved that laugh.