《 STEP 5 》

How to steal a heart

Natalie looks at the selection of dresses she had just found, all fitting her perfectly, the decision of what to wear was hard for her, especially after she kissed Potro for the very first time. Seeing him again means she needs to impress him. Meanwhile Potro stands in front of his closet, three suits of a variety of colors

 

Jjae enters Potro’s room, seeing the frustration, he stops to see the situation. Cherry does the same, she lets out a small giggle as she sees the undecided Natalie. “What’s up with you?” 

 

“I have a family date,” they both responded, leaving the two confused. Cherry realized that Natalie isn’t as close to her family, that confused her a little bit. Jjae scoffed, from what he knows Potro hates his family, he considers them dead.

 

“You never hang out with your family?” 

 

“It’s just, my family is in love with Potro,” Natalie explained, Cherry lets out a hum in response.

 

“It’s not family, it’s Natalie’s, I think they like me too much.” Potro responded, pursing his lips as what he said seemed weird, hesitant to admit.

 

“Does Potro even know you’ve been the girl who has left him paper hearts in his locker everyday?” Cherry asked, as she leaned on the door frame, glancing over at the stack of paper hearts Natalie had pretended to drop off.

 

“Does Natalie even know you’ve been the boy who has been leaving her daisies at her desk everyday?” Jjae asked, raising both his eyebrows in question, looking at the bouquet of flowers that were already there ready to be given.

 

Both look over at the two, hesitantly shaking their heads. “No.”

 

 

Potro and Natalie sit uncomfortably at the table, both their hands holding onto together under the table, Natalie’s parents ranting about business things, that the “couple” really couldn’t give a about.

 

“I really wanna get out of here,” Natalie whispered to Potro, he let out a chuckle and nodded in agreement. God, he found this boring, and regretful to even do, but anything for love.

 

“Why did you blur your face from the photo?” Mr. Yabuki asked, as he relooked at the photo they took yesterday, Potro gulped and shrugged.

 

“Uhm..It might have just didn’t focus on my face,”

 

He nods and puts his phone away and looks back at Potro as he says. “Perhaps,”

 

“Potro, I feel like we don’t know you as well,” 

 

“Potro isn’t my real name,” Potro started out, Natalie’s eyes widened as she herself didn’t even know that.

 

“Potro isn’t your real name?!” Natalie whispered and shouted, she always thought that was his actual name.

 

“No, you think my parents were actually going to name me that? Hell no.” Potro responded, looking over to Natalie’s parents who were waiting for him to continue his introduction.

 

“My actual name is Honda Hitomi, but most of my friends call me Potro, so most people don’t know my name.” explained Potro. He looked over at Natalie before continuing. “I work as a…”

 

“! Potro, can you come with me for a second!” Natalie exclaimed, pulling Potro away from them so she could speak to him privately. 

 

“What?!” Potro exclaimed, once they were out of the restaurant, Natalie let go of his arm as the two stopped and were standing in front of the bench.

 

“You can’t tell my parents you are a soccer player, they have big expectations on the people I date.” Natalie explained, Potro scoffed as that seemed like a stupid excuse.

 

“I used to be in Chivas, I’m fine.” Potro assured, he was about to walk away when Natalie pulled him back to where he was.

 

“If you say you are in the Foxes of Enozi, you are not fine.” Natalie explained, and to be honest it was true, just a couple hours ago his was being harassed by Ricky,and close to returning back with him.

 

“Natalie, why am I even doing this? It’s pretty clear we aren’t dating,” 

 

“If you don’t want to do this anymore, then go home, Potro. We’ll leave this here, and I’ll tell my dad we were never dating.” Natalie says, slightly disappointed, she walks back in the restaurant

 

Potro groans, putting his hands on his face as he screams into them. All the opportunities are now gone. Did the kiss even mean anything to Natalie? Potro had that question in his mind, because for him it meant alot.  

 

 

Yahir drops off some money inside the landlord’s mailbox, at least he is trying to take off some of that debt, he sighs. He wished that he could do more for his friends.

 

Yahir walks over to the apartment, throwing his bags somewhere, taking the extra money and placing it in a pringles jar and putting it back on top of the counter. He enters his room, changing into his sleeping clothes, and sits

 

“Where’s Samu?” Yahir asked Aitor, who was texting someone, not even paying attention. Right as he asks, Samuel walks into the room, his head down, as he flopped onto his bed.

 

Before Yahir could greet him, Samuel shouts inside his pillow, taking his frustration out. He was in a bar, he’s currently drunk, reminiscing the memories he had with Angelique. “I miss her!”

 

“Your ex-girlfriend and Ricky tried to kill me,” Aitor commented, which didn’t seem to work as Samuel’s exclaims turned louder. Yahir and Aitor look over at each other awkwardly as they try to think of a way to sober Samuel up.

 

“I don’t care!” Samuel finally answered, he lifted his head up. He had calmed down, after his little mini breakdown out of frustration, Yahir passed him a cup of coffee, a hot one to sober him up.

 

“Angelique wants to get rid of the team, she…really hates you because Ricky has manipulated her once again.” Aitor explained, Samuel finally processes it completely and realizes they are back together.

 

“Wait..Ricky is supposingly back with..Angelique?” Saying that outloud made his eyes widened, that couldn’t be true. Angelique promised she’ll never go back with him after the night in the field, well now both promises were broken.

 

“That motherer..” Samuel cursed under his breath before running out of the room, making Yahir and Aitor run right after him to stop him from going anywhere.

 

“Samu!” Aitor shouted, running after Samuel, who was currently trying to get in his car so he could go to Ricky’s house and beat the out of him, just straight up out of frustration over him getting close to Aitor once again.

 

“And he’s gone.” Yahir pursed his lips as the car started to drive away from their house, Aitor who was one step in front of him had the car ready, gesturing him to hop inside so they could follow Samuel.

 

Cherry, who was watching from the window, sighs, thinking how did she end up with these types of friends. “Why are they like this..”