《 STEP 4 》

How to steal a heart

Victoria places her bike outside of what she thought was an ice cream polar, but when she checked the GPS she had been tricked to come to the courtroom. She gulped in nervousness, she hated this area and she knew why she was here.

 

 

Entering the building, she sees Cherry with Jjae, along with Danny and Jjae’s mom, once Cherry sees Victoria she smiles in relief. 

 

 

“Danny, thank you for convincing Victoria to come here,” Cherry patted his shoulder before walking inside the courtroom, not even wanting to glance at Victoria. Was she mad?

 

 No. She was sad, she didn’t like the thought of someone who she thinks of as a daughter to be taken away from her.

 

 

“Victoria, I’ll be with you don’t worry,” Danny assured, smiling as he reached for Victoria’s hand. He leads them into the room, where states are intimidating her, making her feel anxious.

 

 

“Everything will be okay,” He assured once again as they took a seat, the jury announced the judge’s entrance making everyone stand up for respect. The judge sits down on their chair and clears their throat.

 

 

They speak. “Everyone take a seat please.” 

 

 

--

 

 

Potro stands inside the bathroom, he needs to leave this house, he was in a midst of panic as Natalie’s parents are outside, now talking about marriage? Oh come on, he wasn’t ready, he’s not even had his..first time or had any commitment to any relationship.

 

 

“Potro..Can I come in?” Natalie spoke from outside, with a hint of worry in her voice. Potro quickly opens the door and drags her inside and looks at the door.

 

 

“I think they are starting to think we are faking it,” Potro commented, Natalie sighed as she nodded in agreement.

 

 

“Potro! Natalie! we are going to take a picture together!”

 

 

The said two pursed their lips to a straight line as they stared at each other,

 

 

“I’ll get you out of this arrangement.” Potro promised, Natalie nodded before she left the bathroom first so it wouldn’t seem like they did something else.

 

 

“I can take the picture with my phone and send it to you all,” Potro said, Mr. Yabuki nodded as everyone huddled up to take a picture.

 

 

“Good idea,” He said, putting his arm around his wife.

 

 

“Natalie, stand in the middle.” Mr. Yabuki suggested, Natalie nodded and shuffled over to the middle of the family. Potro couldn’t help but gawk at the petite girl.

 

 

 

“1...2..” Potro starts to count down but Mr. Yabuki cuts him off as he realizes that now Potro and Natalie are “dating”, he is also part of the family.

 

 

“No, no, no, Potro, don’t leave Natalie alone.” He gestured to Potro to let go of the phone and be part of the annual family photo.

 

 

“Mr. Katzuke, take a picture for us.” Mr. Yabuki ordered, Mr. Katzuke nodded and took the phone from Potro. Potro walks over them, trying to keep his distance from them.

 

 

“A little bit more together,” He said, Potro nodded and slightly scooted closer to what could be Natalie’s cousins, Mr. Katzuke sighs as he gestures to Potro to get closer.

 

 

“Potro, get closer, please.” Mr. Katzuke said once Potro didn’t seem to listen. Potro nods and stands behind them.

 

 

“Potro, can you stand right next to Natalie please.”

 

 

“For a celebration you guys seem to be too serious.” the older man spoke, making everyone let out a chuckle except Potro and Natalie who seemed to be awkward with each other.

 

 

“Today we are celebrating our family legacy, and our youngest girl who is dating someone now, and her sister's engagement.” Mr. Yabuki said, everyone lets out a grin as for Natalie and Potro, they are nervous as hell. Potro felt like droplets of sweat were starting to form on the top of his forehead.

 

 

He thought of something as he saw that Mr. Yabuki was clearly suspicious of them.

 

 

“I’m sure he is suspicious that we are just faking this, I’m going to kiss you.” Potro whispered in Natalie’s ear, making her cheeks heat up as her eyes widened, quickly turning her head over to him.

 

 

“What? Don’t you dare.” Natalie said in a stern tone, gritting her teeth. 

 

 

“I’m going to.” Potro whispered, Natalie opened as she let out a surprised gasp as she felt a hand go on her waist.

 

 

“Everyone look over at the count of three, everyone said cheese,”

 

 

“1..2..”

 

 

Thinking if she should seize the moment, Natalie makes up her mind and pulls Potro closer, placing her hand on the side of his head, pulling the two for a kiss. No one told them that both their lips would fit perfectly together.

 

 

The two pull away, completely dazed, cheeks on fire. Both with a small smile on their lips, they turn their head over to the camera.

 

 

“3..”

 

 

And that’s why it’s hard to not be able to hide when you are in love…

 

 

--

 

 

Yahir walks with two bags of groceries down the street as he just left the store, he supposes that Cherry will come upset after court so he decided to make them some dinner.

 

 

Once he arrives home, the liberty of wearing an apron shirtless since after all the heater makes the small house hot quickly and he was home alone (or that's what he thought.)

 

 

Aitor, who was in their bedroom, hears Yahir singing while cooking malatang. He looks at the figure right next to him and realizes his mistake and the wrong timing. 

 

 

Quickly putting his shirt and boxers on, he walks over to the living room, trying to not make Yahir notice him. When he checks on Yahir he quickly runs back into his room and slowly walks to the mattress that the figure was sleeping on.

 

 

"Madison!" Aitor wakes up the deep asleep Madison who was hugging Aitor’s blanket, both their clothes being scattered around the room.

 

 

 

"Do you know how to jump out a window?" Aitor asked, speaking in a low voice so no one would hear, Madison looked at Aitor confusedly but nodded.

 

 

"Done it once when i was younger," Madison commented, Aitor felt bad, he was afraid Yahir would beat his if he found out that he and Madison had already slept together. 

 

 

"I think you might go through that again.." Aitor concerned said, Madison's eyes widened as she thought a completely different thing but at least she was thinking the same as Aitor.

 

 

"I thought Yahir was supposed to train the newbies?!" Madison exclaimed, still whispering as they tried to keep quiet.

 

 

"That's what I thought too!" Aitor exclaimed but accidentally didn't whisper, getting the boy from the kitchen's attention. 

 

 

"Aitor?! Are you home?"

 

 

Madison quickly hides behind the piece of furniture, while Aitor quickly gets dressed before Yahir could get in the room.

 

 

Yahir opened the door, he raised an eyebrow, being suspicious as the air mattress was extended in the room, Aitor’s hair being messy (which is something very odd since he always keeps his hair like a god.) 

 

 

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" Yahir asked, Aitor coughed awkwardly as he had completely ignored phone calls

 

 

"My phone died," Aitor lied, Yahir observed the room more, before the younger one could see the article of clothing that definitely did not belong to him, he pushed Yahir out the room.

 

 

"Leave. Stop bothering me." Aitor shooed away, Yahir shrugged, unbothered of the situation.

 

 

A couple seconds after the two struggling to put their clothes back on without trying too many loud noises so Yahir wouldn't hear them, Madison sits on the other side of the window that she was going to escape from, blushing.

 

 

"Well..That was nice.." Madison mumbled, she felt embarrassed to say that, not in a bad way just she had never experienced a good time in a while.

 

 

Madison leans over to kiss Aitor, the two stay in place, the heat entering both of them but Aitor knows that if they continue this will end up in the bed again.

 

 

"I'll see you tomorrow right?" Madison grinned as she spoke, Aitor gave her a warm grin and nodded. 

 

 

"Text me when you arrive home, please." Aitor worriedly said before Madison left, once she landed on the grass, she gave him a thumbs up as an assurance.