《 STEP 3 》

How to steal a heart

“Jjae!” Potro shouts as he sees Jjae waiting for him, he decided to tell Natalie to stay in the car while he carried the boxes over to Jjae

 

 

“Potro, I can take these in..” Jjae assured him, as he saw that Potro was going to help him. Potro nodded and placed the two last boxes next to Jjae.

 

 

“You should get to practice,” Jjae suggested. Potro shook his head as he placed it on his pockets, swinging his body in awkwardness.

 

 

“About that..I don’t think I won’t be able to make it today,” Potro explained, Jjae raised an eyebrow in confusion. Potro was never the person to miss practice, he is always on time.

 

 

“How come? You usually don’t miss practice..” Jjae mumbled, Potro looked over at the car window and saw Natalie fixing herself up, a grin appeared in his lips confusing Jjae as he didn’t know where Potro was looking.

 

“Yeah but I agreed to help Natalie with..something,” Potro confessed, Jjae let out an “oh” before he gave Potro a thumbs up as an assurance that it was fine.

 

 

“Sure! Go enjoy then,” Jjae smiled warmly, Potro gave him a firm nod before running back to the car.

 

 

Entering the driver’s seat, Potro stardles Natalie who was redoing her makeup. Weirdly, Potro was excited to be Natalie’s boyfriend for at least an hour.

 

 

“Okay now let’s go,”

 

 

--

 

 

“Where’s Potro?” Cherry asked, placing her head on Jjae’s lap as he played with her hair. Cherry wished that this affection could actually mean something to him.

 

 

“He’s busy with helping Natalie on something,”

 

 

The two stay in silence for a while more, Cherry enjoying the view above her, both the sky and Jjae, admiring the concentrated Jjae who was on his break of practice.

 

 

“Jjae…” Cherry called out, he looked down at her. She had the urge to say something, three words were in her mind, she felt she couldn’t take it anymore.

 

 

“I..” Cherry started out, before she could finish, a loud sound of Zimzalabim started playing on her phone which meant someone was calling her.

 

 

“.” Cherry mumbled, sitting up to answer the phone.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“Cherry Miyawaki?” 

 

 

“Yes?” 

 

 

“We’re calling because the custody of Victoria Jang has been deprived by her father. At 5 pm, tomorrow, please report to the ENOZI capital court.” 

 

 

Before Cherry could respond the call hung up, she was dumbfounded. Victoria was going to be taken away from her, after so many years she had been taking care of her, Victoria’s dad is back just suddenly, and right when everything is going bad for their group.

 

 

“Cherry? Are you all right?”

 

 

Cherry turned around and quickly hugged him, crying as hard as she could. Jjae didn’t know what the reason was but he just hugged her back, mumbling some ‘it’s going to be okay’, trying his best to comfort her.

 

 

--

 

 

“Hey..” Danny greeted Victoria, she looked right behind her and saw Danny walking right next to her.

 

 

“I was wondering...if we can be friends?” Danny asked, she looked over at him with a confused expression as to why he was asking to be friends with her. Victoria didn’t want to be just friends, she wanted to be more but she’s scared she’ll end up friendzoned at the end.

 

 

“No-” Victoria rejected, Danny let out a whine as he jumped a bit as he continued to follow Victoria wherever she’s going.

 

 

“I know you're alone, and I am too..so why can’t we be alone together?” Danny proposed, giving her puppy eyes. Victoria's heart stops for a second as she melts into Danny’s traps and finally nods.

 

 

“Yes! Tomorrow, meet me at the snack bar in the field where we are playing!” Danny exclaimed, before running away to where his route of his apartment led him.

 

 

Finally arriving home, Danny places his backpack to the floor right next to the door, and rushes inside Jjae’s room. He starts to wonder where Jjae is since most of the time (or just all the time) Jjae is here earlier than him so he could help Danny with homework but there was no sign of Jjae.

 

 

--

 

 

Jjae stares intently to Cherry who’s been in a curled up position as she had been sobbing for the past hours, but when that stopped he just assumed that Cherry had fallen asleep.

 

 

“Cher! Ry..” Victoria shouts but her voice fades away as she saw that Jjae was in Cherry’s room just sitting on the side of the bed while there a slightly snoring Cherry laying on the bed,

 

 

“I should leave, Cherry is not in a good condition, she’ll explain later, right now just let her sleep and rest. Make sure to give her water, feed her when she asks, try paying attention to her so won’t-” Jjae starts to rant but Victoria shushes him as she knows that Jjae is just trying to help.

 

 

“I get it, I get it, don’t have to give me a manual to take care of her, I know her well too.” Victoria assured with a smile, Jjae bowed before quickly exiting the whole house.

 

 

Victoria walks over to Cherry and gives her a feather kiss on the head before exiting the room, she enters the boy’s room where it’s empty and it’s just Aitor who’s in his room. Victoria walks to the boy’s bathroom where Aitor is laying on the bathtub using his phone, Victoria puts the toilet lid down so she can sit down and talk to Aitor.

 

 

“I need advice,” Victoria confessed. Aitor sat up, taking the shower curtain and closing it so the two can’t see each other. She is used to this since everytime she asks him for advice it always begins like this.

 

 

“Welcome to Aitor’s confession center, how can I help you?” Aitor asked, Victoria sighed as the thought returned to mind, raw as it just happened after a couple minutes ago.

 

 

“Danny asked me to be friends with him, I don’t know what to think..” Victoria started out, Aitor put his head hand on his chin, mocking a thinking position all Victoria could hear is a simple hum.

 

 

“I would take the offer, if being friends is the best you can get, why even complain?” Aitor suggested, and it was true, sometimes being friends could actually just end up better than dating.

 

 

“Really?” Victoria asked, kinda hesitating to believe Aitor in his bathtub advice (that’s what she calls it).

 

 

 

“Of course, who knows if you get close enough with Danny, you might be able to melt his heart.” Aitor chuckled, Victoria grins, it wasn’t a bad idea after all bringing this conversation to Danny’s brother, Aitor.