《 STEP 1 》

How to steal a heart

--

 

Samuel lays his head on cushion of his bed, thinking of his next move, just in general how to move on

 

“Cleaning the house would be nice..” Samuel spoke to himself, he gets up the bed and looks at his room, the room he shares with Yahir, he enters the bathroom where Aitor sleeps, taking the blankets from the tub where Aitor had placed them neatly to put them in the washing machine.

 

“Love, sometimes the best plans end up wrong. And those of us who find it first don't mean to hurt no one..” Samuel mumbled as he started to sing to the song playing from his computer.

 

“Oh, don't let this fear take control..Let it wash over, the hearts we've broken..” 

 

Love, sometimes the best plans end up wrong

 

Cause all I need is you and I

 

And all I have is misery without you...

 

Without you

 

Once the song ends, right at that time, someone texts him, Samuel sits down and picks up the phone, he smiles at first but that smile goes away as he tries to remember that the point is to move on.

 

Kim.Angelique

 

| Can we talk?

 

KCW

 

| Sure.

 

Not sent

 

You’ve now blocked this user

 

Learn More.

 

Samuel puts his phone back on the bed before getting up to continue his cleaning spree.

 

--

 

Danna approaches Yahir, she didn’t know how to start a conversation with him, the two weren’t as close but Yahir did feel a connection to the younger one, while Danna had two options in her mind who she felt a connection to.

 

“So, how are they doing?” Danna asked, Yahir intertwined his fingers together as he just didn’t know how to respond as it seemed like they weren’t ready.

 

“Good, even though we might not be ready for this season..” Yahir responded honestly, Danna gave him a pat on the back as a way of encouragement (to which worked since now Yahir is getting those butterflies).

 

“Well, bad news, and good news..” 

 

“Tell me the bad news.”

 

“We need to win this championship for this season or we’ll lose the school, like they’ll shut it down..” Danna pointed out, Yahir pouted as he exhaled. Danna fiddled with her fingers a bit before continuing.

 

“And..the prize is a trophy and prize money that’ll save the school..” Danna said.

 

“Also, tell the team to head over to the auditorium tomorrow, there’s going to be a debate on who is going to be president of the club.” Danna reminded, Yahir hummed as a response

 

“Who’s the candidate?” Asked Yahir, curious on who was going to have complete responsibility on the team.

 

“That’s for you to guess,” Danna winked at him, Yahir let out a chuckle as he couldn’t believe that she would not tell him, after all he is the trainer.

 

--

 

Cherry opens the door to their apartment, she places her purse on the floor right next to the door. She heads over to the kitchen, taking out a cold water bottle from the cooler, until she hears a familiar voice in the apartment.

 

“Weren’t you supposed to come later?”

 

“Holy !” Cherry cursed, dropping her water bottle on the floor. She did not expect Samuel to even be home, but she guesses they just let him out.

 

“I have an important day tomorrow.” Samuel pointed out, Cherry raised an eyebrow as an important day meant something else back then.

 

“Date with Angy?” 

 

“I wish but I can’t talk to her, I feel like she hates me.” Samuel pointed out, Cherry scoffed as there is an obvious reason why Angelique could hate her.

 

“You punched Ricky last time to ‘talked’ to her.” Cherry pointed out. Oh how much Samuel hated that Ricky kid.

 

 When he arrived at the school he had an oblivious crush on Angelique, to which Samuel started to not like because Angelique started to reciprocate those feelings while dating Samuel.

 

“He deserved it.” Samuel commented, typing on his phone as he ordered a takeout from a restaurant so the rest could eat when they arrived.

 

“Just because Angelique started liking him instead of you doesn’t mean he needed to get punched,” Cherry debated, Samuel was about the debate back when the front door opened with four figures.

 

“Hello! Aitor is back!” A voice shouted from the entrance of the apartment, Aitor dropped his bag, taking off the shoes he was wearing before hopping over to the couch.

 

“He’s in a good mood,” Samuel commented, Cherry nodded in response as she knew the perfect reason why he could be smiling like a fool.

 

“Yeah, he got someone else to cling on.”  Cherry said, Samuel let out a chuckle as he slowly shook his head in disbelief.

 

“Guess who talked to me!” Yahir shouted to the to as he sat down right next to Samuel in the dining table, grabbing an apple before taking a bite of it.

 

“Danna!”

 

“Yeah, and I kinda talked to Potro.” Natalie also said as she sat next to Aitor who was now watching a drama on TV.

 

“I don’t wanna talk about me and Danny.” Victoria mentioned, before she could go sit down on the couch with the others, Cherry snapped her fingers getting her attention.

 

“Victoria. Come here for one sec.” Cherry patted the seat next to her. 

 

“But..fine.” Victoria sighed and sat next to her.

 

“You and Danny? What happened?”

 

“I embarrassed myself.” 

 

“So? Look at Nattalie, she always embarrasses herself in front of Potro, that's how much of a secret admirer she is. It’s progress at least, who knows? He might want to talk to you again.” Cherry comforted, giving an assuring smile to Victoria.

 

--

 

The whole table was silent as they all ate, munching on a slice of pizza.

 

“I forgot my bag at the bleachers..” Natalie spoke all of a sudden, and she erupted into an argument between everyone at the dining table.

 

“Are you kidding me?!” Cherry exclaimed in disbelief, they all ranted and complained to Natalie on why she lost it but Yahir was the only one who seemed calm. She expected someone to come and return it instead.

 

A knock on the door interrupts them, but it brings everyone to a silence as a panic went to Cherry.

 

“If it’s the landlord say I’m not home.” Cherry ordered, Victoria gave her a nod before approaching the door, opening, she saw an unexpected face, holding the bag everyone was arguing about.

 

“Natalie, it's for you!” Victoria called, confusedly, Natalie stood up and headed over to the door, Yahir gave her a thumbs up to which Natalie already knew who it could be.

 

“You forgot this when you ran away..” She looks at Potro who had now handed her the backpack, he gave her a small grin as he gestured her to take it from him.

 

“I..Thank you..” Natalie managed to say, a blush creeping up her cheeks, she took the bag from him and placed it with the other bags.

 

“Take care, be careful.” Natalie said, with a returning grin, the two stared at each other for a while before Natalie broke the eye contract as she released the others who were looking at them instantly.

 

Natalie quickly shut the door before Potro could even say his goodbye so he just ended up waving at a door, he quickly started running back home after that moment.

 

Natalie sits down back at the table, everyone looking at her as she continues eating, before she could speak up, someone knocked on the door.

 

“Damn, he really wants Natalie..” Yahir teased, Victoria stood up to open the door so Natalie would not have to get up again.

 

“It’s a letter from the building..” Victoria pointed out as she saw who it was from, she picked up the letter and closed the door. She sits back on the table and Cherry opens the letter and spreads the paper on the table.

 

“That’s a lot of money..” Victoria gulped as that much amount of money scared her,

 

“We need to get that money without robbing banks, Aitor and Yahir.” Cherry said, she knew well what Aitor and Yahir were thinking.

 

“How can we get it then?” Aitor asked, Yahir shrugged as he placed his hand on his chin as he thought of ideas.

 

“I earn a lot from being a stripper, that could help.” Yahir suggested, Cherry give him a nod but then a shrug as she realized that he wouldn’t make enough money by the end of the season.

 

“Wouldn't be enough though we only have until the end of the season.”

 

“I only work in a damn burger king..” Victoria commented, she earned a kiss on the side of the head from Yahir, they didn’t blame her, after all they are the ones supposed to take care of Victoria not the other way around.

 

“Natalie, start working on your books.” Aitor snapped his fingers, Natalie gave him a nod as that was one method to earn money.

 

“If we win the season we get some money-” Samuel started but everyone shook their heads in disapproval, it would work but they need more time.

 

“We don’t have time until the end of the season, Samu. We are going to be left on the streets if we don’t pay this in a month.” Victoria pointed out, Samuel hummed as a response as what she had said made him realize she was right.

 

Everyone sits in silence as they just had to realize that failure was coming their way as now they are being left in the streets.

 

“I’ll talk to the landlord tomorrow, and I promise you guys we’ll get out of this..” Cherry said, standing up to hug the others, they all sit in silence as they just enjoy the comfort of each other.