《 STEP 1 》

How to steal a heart

1. Start a conversation

 

The sunshine shining right through Victoria’s window, it was hurtful but at the same time a pleasure, Victoria rubs her eyes slowly as she still hadn’t realized the time that it was, she was supposed to wake up way earlier, it was peaceful  

 

Winter break is over, and now it’s time to get back to school, which is a pain in the .

 

“Aitor! For sakes!” Victoria already heard shouting from downstairs, she looked over to the bed next to her where Natalie was laying, ready, just swiping through her phone blankly.

 

“Morning,” Victoria greeted, Natalie hummed as a response. Victoria grunted as she got up to check downstairs to see how everyone woke up, seeing the usual, Cherry in a mental frustration as she was on a phone call, Yahir eating calmly, and Aitor with messy hair as he had just woken up too.

 

“ing..Samuel..” Cherry murmured, messaging her temples, as she put her phone down, Victoria looked at her worriedly as she was confused about the current situation.

 

“What happened?” She asks, Cherry sighs as she places a bowl of cereal for Victoria.

 

“He got arrested, vandalism, it’s not even that bad..”

 

“Not bad?! Aitor, he has a damn criminal record now!” Cherry shouted.

 

“Yahir is a damn stripper, I’m a soccer player, Samu is a criminal, we are equal.” Aitor tried to reason, which didn't work with Cherry who was furious with the response.

 

--

 

After leaving that mess of a household, Victoria was riding her bike to the community university where she studied.

 

But that caution inside her quickly disappears as she sees on the other side of the road her long lasting crush, she stares for a while before not realizing her control of her bike, making her fall right down on the build up snow.

 

Said person heard the squeal of Victoria when she had fallen down in the snow. He quickly stopped pedaling his bike and walked over to the other side of the road where Victoria was. “Hey are you okay!?” 

 

“I’m such an embarrassment,” Victoria mumbled under her breath, before He could arrive and see her in this position, Victoria made an attempt to get up, which worked.

 

Wondering who is the said person that is making Wonyoung all nervous? Danny Cardoné Ahn, Victoria had liked him since middle school, she would always admire him from afar, she would never get the courage to tell her she liked him even though 8 years have passed and this is her last year of high school. What is the worst that can happen between those two?

 

“You alright?” Danny asked, Victoria nodded quickly, brushing the snow off herself. Her arm was aching from how hard they had fallen down.

 

“Y-Yeah..” Victoria assured.

 

“Are you sure? That’s pure ice mixed with snow..” Danny was right, it was a hard hit on her arm since her arm hit the ice block too hard.

 

“I can help you-”

 

“No!”

 

“Hey! Wait! I recognize you!”

 

“No you don’t!”

 

Danny stands there dumbfounded, he decided not to continue as she saw the figure of the girl fading away in the cold. This might have been the weirdest first impression of someone Danny had ever met. And he likes it. 

 

--

 

“Everything is just stressful..” Cherry commented, laying down with Jjae, the two have been friends for a long time, Jjae was the only person who had his arms opened when they first met.

 

“I try to keep them in order but I just can’t,”

 

“Hey..don’t think it like that, they are just a bunch of teenagers,” Jjae tried to calm her, with that, Cherry couldn’t help but form a grin on her lips. Did I forget to mention she’s also in love with her best friend?

 

“Listen, you want my opinion?” Jjae asked, Cherry gave him a nod, as she slowly started to sit up so she could hear better what Jjae was going to say.

 

“Don’t be responsible for them, they aren’t your priority.” Jjae continued, he smiled warmly as it was an attempt to comfort the older one.

 

“You think?” Cherry asked, Jjae let out a hum as he nodded his head in approval.

 

“I care for them a lot, like you care for your friends..”

 

“Dan is the only person I have to make sure doesn’t do anything crazy.” Jjae commented.

 

“Talking about people doing crazy things, I need to go check on Samuel and Aitor.” Cherry said, once she got the message that someone new was assigned for her team, Cherry stood up and started walking away.

 

“See ya,” Jjae waved, Cherry turned around with a smile before waving back.

 

--

 

“Go!” Yahir repeated, clapping his hands as he was in the middle of a training session, Natalie walked over to Yahir, placing her backpack on the bleachers before standing next to Yahir.

 

“What’s with the long face?” He asked Natalie, Natalie sighed, she had a visible disappointment expression on her face so Yahir had to ask.

 

“I tried talking to Potro, but I couldn't.”

 

“You couldn’t? Come on now Natty..” Yahir cooed, placing his arm around Natalie as he coutinued to shout at the players.

 

“You have to try, say at least a hi, that’s how conversations start.” Yahir tries to encourage, an idea pops in his mind as he sees Potro enter the field with the usual attire for a soccer practice.

 

“Oh look!” Yahir exclaimed, Natalie released the idea of his, and quickly tried to escape his grip on both of her shoulders.

 

“Yahir..please..” Natalie begged, her cheeks flushed pink as nervousness builded up inside her.

 

“Potro! Hiichan!” Yahir called out, finally letting go of Natalie, but before Natalie could escape, Potro was already there, standing in front of the two.

 

“Yeah?” Potro questioned, He seemed confused about why Yahir would call for him all the sudden. Was he in trouble? 

 

“Have you met my friend, Yabuki Natalie?” Yahir presented, Potro glanced over at Natalie who was avoiding eye contact with him.

 

“Kinda, I’ve seen her in my writers class..” 

 

“Say something.” Yahir whispers, pushing Natalie closer to the boy who was unbothered by the situation.

 

“Yeah, I’ve seen you there too..”

 

“I’m Potro Villalobos, however, nice to meet you.”

 

“Nice to meet you too, but I have to go..see you!” Natalie quickly runs away, completely forgetting to get her things from the bleachers.

 

“Is she okay?” Potro asked, concernedly. Yahir gave him a nod before gesturing to him to continue his training.

 

--

 

Once Cherry arrives with Madison to the field, she tries to spot the captain of the team, finally she spots Aitor sitting down on the grass, taking a rest. Madison follows Sakura to the direction she was heading.

 

“Aitor, since you are the captain of the team, we would like to present our new co-trainer.” Cherry introduced, Aitor looks up to see Cherry, turning to the said person. Aitor is quickly out of breath.

 

He does a backroll before jumping up, trying to make a good impression, and it seemed to work as Madison let out a giggle.

 

“wow..I mean, nice to meet you, I-I’m Aitor Cardoné Kang,” Seeing the nervousness Aitor’s speaking, Cherry sighed as she knew the dorky smile Aitor had imprinted in his face.

 

“Aitor, did you take your pills?” Cherry asked with a raised eyebrow, he quickly nodded, Yahir called the team to go over, which is a sign for Aitor’s departure. 

 

Aitor elegantly bows, before picking up Madison’s hand, kissing it gently. Madison once again grinned, being approached or even talked like that wasn’t a common thing for her, and it made her shy in a way. “See you another time princess,” 

 

“Aitor.” Cherry said in a stern voice, Aitor rolled his eyes before running along to the others in the team.

 

“Is he like this with every woman he meets?” Madison asked once Aitor was out of sight, Cherry shook her head, the both were left in awkward silence for a while until Madison decided to speak.

 

“So you work here?”

 

“I’m only the arranger, like I time the games, equipment..” Cherry answered, Madison hummed as a response. She hesitantly looked at the same hand Aitor had kissed before looking back at Cherry.

 

“Why do you call Hyewon ‘Aitor’?” 

 

“A story for another time, it's just his real name."