Discovery!

Living under her shadow

“R…I…N…G~!”

The school bell went off and it was break time. Ji Hye got up from her seat and was about to walk over to her sister when a group of girls swarmed over to Ji Eun. The girls surrounded her and before Ji Hye could reach her sister, they left as a group. Ji Hye sighed at the popularity of Ji Eun and exited class alone.

“Have to eat alone again, I guess.” Ji Hye thought to herself.

It has always been like that since before and Ji Hye is kind of used to it already. After buying her sandwich, Ji Hye looked around in hope of finding someone to sit with. If she had no one to join, she would then hide in some corner of the school to eat. However, she did not want to that on just the second day of school.

Then, Sung Gyu and his friends caught her attention. They were seated far from the rest of the students at the corner of the cafeteria. She inhaled deeply and braced herself before walking over to them. She squeezed her sandwich slightly as she stopped before their table.

“Sung Gyu oppa, can I join…” Before Ji Hye could finish her sentence, Woo Hyun cut in.

“No.” he answered coldly.

Sung Gyu shot him a glare but was totally ignored. Ji Hye looked up from the ground and at Woo Hyun.

“Wh-Why?” Ji Hye asked. Somehow, she regretted after the word left .

“On a piece of white paper, a black dot would be prominent and at the same time degrade the value of the paper.” Woo Hyun said.

Although he didn’t say it upfront, Ji Hye knew what he meant. She faked a smile and nodded her head lightly.

“I understand already. Sorry for disturbing. I will leave first, Sung Gyu oppa. Bye.” Ji Hye said as she turned around and left.

“Ji Hye.” Sung Gyu called out but she ignored him and ran off.

“What was that for?!” Sung Gyu turned back to Woo Hyun and said in an upset tone.

“For the sake of INFINITE’s image?” Woo Hyun replied.

“She just wanted to sit with us for lunch. What does it have to do with our god damn image?” Sung Gyu rebutted.

“Imagine our fan girls see us sit with a girl and most importantly an ugly one. You think it will do our image any good?” Woo Hyun answered.

“Even if you are right, you could have put it nicely…” Sung Gyu said.

“There is no one near so there is no need for that.” Woo Hyun continued.

“I am done eating.” Sung Gyu announced as he stood up and left the table.

Woo Hyun shrugged and resumed eating. Looking up from their food, Myung Soo and Sung Yeol exchanged glances and shook their head in sync. Sung Jong looked at Woo Hyun and back at the leaving leader before pouting. Dong Woo, on the other hand, sighed and continued devouring his food.

Getting away from the crowd, Ji Hye settled herself at an isolated corner of the school. Ensuring no one was around, she let those suppressed tears flow freely. It when her bias said those things in her face. His words simply meant that she would be a disgrace and would bring down their reputation if she sits with them.

Then, she heard some noises from behind. She hurriedly wiped those tears away and sniffed. Turning around, she saw a person come out from behind the wall. It was Hoya. She pointed at him in shock before swallowing her saliva. All the time, she thought she was the only person in this deserted corner of the school. It was her major discovery on the first day of school which she labeled as her secret hide out. Sadly, she was not the only person who learnt of this place. Walking over, Hoya smiled and sat down beside her.

“Why are you-” The two began at the same time.

“Ladies first.” Hoya offered.

“Why are you here?” Ji Hye asked.

“I wanted to have some personal and quiet time. At here there won’t be any fan girls and noise.” He explained.

Ji Hye listened and nodded in understanding.

“Now it’s my turn. So why were you crying?” Hoya continued.

“Crying? Ah,Umm... No, I wasn’t. Haha… Where did you even get that idea from?” Ji Hye denied.

“Liar.” Hoya thought in his mind.

“Fine.” He said with a smile.

“Phews.” Ji Hye thought to herself.

“R…I…N…G…~” The school bell went off again, signifying the end of break.

“We should go back to class already.” Hoya said as he stood up and patted off the dirt on his school pants.

Ji Hye followed suit and the two walked back to class. When they were walking nearer to their class, Ji Hye began to slow down, letting Hoya go on in first. She had become more self-conscious after Woo Hyun’s words. Hoya did not realise Ji Hye’s disappearance as he walked through the front door. It was when he turned behind, he realised Ji Hye was gone. He then spotted her at the back of the class, entering from the back door.

“What was that for?” Hoya thought as he scratched his head while walking back to his seat. The seating arrangement was randomly assigned by the teacher. It was in such a way that Ji Eun was seated close to the front of the class and Woo Hyun was sitting in the next column beside her. Ji Hye was assigned to the back of the class with Hoya sitting behind her.

Lessons resumed and as the teacher was teaching, Ji Hye spotted Woo Hyun passing notes to Ji Eun. Although she noticed the annoyed expression her sister had on, she knew that she was actually slightly interested in him. She sighed and forced herself to stop looking but her eyes refused to pull away from the couple. Unknown to Ji Hye, another pair of eyes were on her.

“Why is she always looking at Woo Hyun? Don’t tell me she… likes him?!” Hoya gasped at his discovery.


Author's Note:
Hey people! (:
I am sorry for the boring update:(
Just to tell you guys that I will probably make this a short-chaptered fic because I have not much inspiration for this fic:X
Even if it wasn't really interesting to read, please still comment/subscribe? :D
Thanks for reading ^^ ~