Eury's Vacation 1

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Characters (so far):

Head Master Naomi Gonsalves - Im Nayeon

Lord Jade Drakos - Yoo Jeongyeon

Count Freyseia Sullivan - Hirai Momo

High Priestess Chantal Eustrige - Park Jihyo

Princess Arizona Forestiere - Myoui Mina

Count Eury of Selsi - Kim Dahyun

Count Myrll Rioca - Kim Minju

Sir Terrence Lockwood - Kang Taehyun

Count/General Itzayana "Itzel" Xerrion - Son Chaeyoung

Empress Savina Leigh de Zestria - Minatozaki Sana

Onyx Safriyel - Shin Ryujin

DAHYUN's POV

"Master, you need to get enough air. Am I fanning efficiently? Please do tell me." 

 

"Best mate! Hang in there! The moment we arrive I shall cut this boat into pieces!"

 

Currently the three of us are in an old-style ship. I wasn't really a fan of boats before and now it's even more shaky. It's causing me to have motion sickness and now I've been holding this bucket for as long as I can remember. 

 

I never knew I can be this weak against currents. 

 

This is all Trinity's fault, I swear to god, her spontaneous side was really fun and all until I got involved in the story. 

 

I'm currently traveling with Head Master Naomi and Lord Jade to the Eastern part of this continent where Freyseia and Trinity lives. The High Priestess, Chantal and Princess Arizona are in another ship intended for Royalties. 

 

"I told you I should've just knocked her out to keep her from misery."

 

"What nonsense Jade. She's a Noble she should be able to withstand something as simple as this. Trinity sailed a Catamaran at the age of 8, Eury is now reaching her 26th birthday and she can't even hold her stomach for this important trip." 

 

They're currently seated on a beach-chair like furniture, enjoying the time of their lives presumably by looking at how miserable I am right now. Currently my relationship with them, I'd put it a 6/10 rating. What's important for me is that we pass the 5/10 mark where they remain hostile to me at some occasions. 

 

They're still wary of me, that I can feel and would often exclude me in a lot of things as well as constantly comparing me to Trinity but that's okay, at least I know I'm not dying anytime soon. 

 

"You say that and yet you brought two Doctors with you." Lord Jade countered. 

 

"Eury's a sickly person but seasickness is something that, if treated constantly, she would be immune to such treatments." Head Master Naomi retaliated. 

 

I agree with the Head Master—it's what my older cousin said to me in my previous life. I shouldn't be too independent with motion sickness medicines or else my body would get used to it and it might not work anymore the time I'd really need it to. 

 

"Aunt Naomi why do we need to travel this far? How important is this vacation anyway." Itzel complained.

 

"First of all no one invited you in this trip. You're just here as per my, and Eury's request. Second, it would take us a week at most to reach the East with just a carriage." 

 

I am so loving this—bwghhg—this Aunt and Niece relationship of them. It's really amusi—ughgghgg my stomach! 

 

"Eury/Master!" They called when I vomited again on this bucket. 

 

I closed the lid and tiredly looked at the person who approached me.

 

"I apologize for my fiancée's attitude. She may sound and look like that but she really does care for her students. As for your seasickness, if it's just me, I'd knock you out right now to lessen your burden but that would also mean I'd have to fight with your Left Hand and Best Mate." Lord Jade explained, showing off an apologetic smile before patting my head. 

 

"No wor...ries."

 

AAAAAGH! I'm never riding a ship in this world ever again!

 

With much suffering and constant nagging along with Itzel and Head Master Naomi's unending argument—we finally arrived at our location. 

 

Unlike Selsi, the harbor already looks like it came out fresh from an anime scene. Light chatters can be hear everywhere and everyone is busy doing their own thing. It's just a bummer that I wasn't able to appreciate its beauty even more because of the aftereffect my motion sickness gave me.

 

Ah my world is spinning again. 

 

I don't know what happened next because my vision suddenly went blank. 

 

~ ` ~ ` ~

 

What's that smell? Why does it smell like home? Korea? 

 

"Ah!" 

 

I jolted up when I smelled a familiar scent that came from my hometown in Korea, Andang. It was a unique blend so it's impossible for it to be exported anywhere outside the country. 

 

"You surprised me." 

 

I shifted my gaze to the side and saw Count Freyseia with her worried look and a hand over her chest. 

 

"Greetings Count Freyseia! I apologize for my rudeness." 

 

She placed her cup on its little plate and waved her hands. Wait was she the one drinking that? 

 

"It's fine. Besides I thought we're in an agreement to be in a first name basis?" 

 

Oh that's right! My relationship with Count Freyseia is at its 8/10, she's the highest thus far. I should be able to relax with her a bit. 

 

I sighed and broke into a smile, "Right. I'm sorry about that Frey." 

 

I looked around the room and saw the usual Nobles' setting. The intricate designs and top tier palettes. However I immediately got unused to the quietness this room offered and I just suddenly remembered my Left Hand Man and Best Mate.

 

"Where's Itzel?" 

 

Oh no please don't tell me she destroyed the ship. 

 

"She destroyed the ship after you collapsed." 

 

What the hell?!

 

"How about Terry—Terrence?" 

 

At least tell me he did not help her?!

 

"He assisted in destroying it." 

 

my life. 

 

Terry was enough and manageable but with Itzel there—ohh mama I suddenly want to be a worm instead. 

 

"Both of them are temporarily detained in the Municipality's prison cell." Count Frey said. 

 

That was enough for me to feel weak again.

 

I slumped back on the mattress and held my face, "I shouldn't of have brought those idiots." I muttered which made Count Frey laugh. 

 

"Well look at the bright side and the other side of the coin—they value you so much that they'd destroy a ship for you despite knowing it'll get them in trouble. It's hard to see gems like that these days." She pointed out.

 

Well she's right about that. I never really expected Itzel since she wasn't introduced in the Manhwa but I have to say, Terry was a really good call but at the same time I'm worried because if I put it that way, it really looks like I've just stolen Arizona's most competent Guard. 

 

"Who took them there?" I asked. 

 

There must've been someone so powerful out here that they re able to imprison both Itzel and Terry. 

 

"Jade was about to revert back to her original self and give them a lesson but in order to minimize the damage, Chantal and Nami stepped in." 

 

The High Priestess? I've burdened her once again. Not long ago, she used up all her mana to heal me and now she fought my subordinate and 'best mate' to stop them from wrecking havoc.

 

"I should probably go ang give them my gratitude." I stated before getting off the mattress. 

 

But Count Freyseia immediately blocked my way. 

 

"I think it's a bad idea." 

 

Giving my thanks....is a bad idea? Wait she's right. The two might blame me for everything. After all, Count Freyseia is just looking after me. 

 

I smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Thank you for your concern but I'll be fine." I said before flashing a smile. 

 

Despite saying that, Count Freyseia still blocked my way as I tried to take a step forward. 

 

"Then I'll go with you but if things is starting to get rough in your end. Just hold my hand. It's what I do if I can't help but get hurt." 

 

Count Freyseia turned around after she said that. Nothing changed as to how I view Count Freyseia both from the Manhwa and in person, she's still the kindest character and is really a good second female lead in this story. 

 

Now I was wondering if the author of this Manhwa had an alternate ending where Count Freyseia and Count Eury...ahhhh that's impossible since Count Freyseia hated her too for hurting Trinity on one of the occasions. 

 

Before Count Freyseia can even walk away, I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. 

 

"If you say that then that just means you care and I appreciate that. Let's go." 

 

I should at least take one of her advices right? She's been looking after me ever since the night in the Alumni Party and she's not a danger route so it's safe. 

 

As I dragged her through the corridor, I can't help but notice how she fans herself. It's filled with elegance, proving her status once more as a Noble. 

 

"Is it that hot? Do you want me to get you water instead? We can always take a detour." I asked.

 

Well I really don't want her to collapse anytime now. It'd cause a bad misunderstanding once again and I'm quite done with that phase already. 

 

Count Freyseia immediately waved her hands and covered half of her face horizontally, "I'm fine just go straight ahead. The biggest door on the right is where Trin and Ari's room is." 

 

Of course they're in one bedroom. Sigh. 

 

True to what Count Freyseia said, I found the huge and only door on the right as we kept on walking. I haven't even knocked and yet such hurtful words are already ringing in my ears. 

 

"Then tell me Chantal, why is she here?! Why is the person who consecutively tried harming Trinity, here? Why did you gave your permission? Even Nami rejected the idea of having her here!"

 

Are they...talking about me? Nami? So the Head Master's really against this after all huh. I did notice her hesitation and change of expression when I boarded the boat earlier but I thought that's just because of Itzel.

 

"Don't get me wrong Arizona, I'm still pretty much against your marriage with Trinity and yes I still like her but that isn't because of that, it's because you still haven't patched things up with Eury! Maybe that's why she's like that. You refuse to talk to her about how you really feel!" 

 

I was just hanging my head down low when I felt a squeeze on my hand and that's when I remembered I'm still holding on to Count Freyseia. 

 

"Eury Let's go—"

 

I immediately shook my head. In order for me to finish this story till the very end and go back to my girlfriend, the real Mina, I have to be healthy and fix all my danger routes. The High Priestess Chantal's have lessened but it is expected for Princess Arizona to act like this and that is why, conquering Princess Arizona's route.... Mina's alternate self, is a must for me to be with the real Mina. 

 

"You, how can you say that Chantal? You saw me beg for freedom in Eury's hands and one slight change from her you'll flip the table? Trinity and I are bound to be married no matter what or who comes in between. I've been too considerate of Eury's feelings to the point that our engagement party has been held back just because she can't accept the fact that we are already betrothed." 

 

I know. I know how much you suffered in this very hands and if there's any way I can make up to it, I'll do it. I wanted to cry but again, this body doesn't want to. Why am I getting hurt of the consequences of something I didn't technically do? Not to mention, Mina's voice and face saida that. She can never.... right?

 

"Everything in this world are all laid out like these because we are meant to make mistakes, change, be given a chance and accepted to forgive. From what I see, Eury is trying to change, not only for you but for everything that surrounds her beginning from her very root and I tell you, that is not an easy thing. I am not asking you to forgive her but it is my duty as the High Priestess to make you understand how chances should be given appropriately." 

 

The room fell in silence after that. 

 

I see how it is now. I may of have understood the purpose of why the High Priestess placed a toxin barrier around Count Eury's household after destroying the Alumni Gathering in the original Manhwa storyline. 

 

She was supposedly the one strong evidence of Eury's careless act in the Gathering since she witnessed her going outside in such a suspicious time and way but now that I've gotten control over Eury, smaller details remained unchanged, she still noticed me going out and followed. The huge changed I made was bringing Terry and Myrll with me, thus having someone to rely on. The High Priestess turned out to be the reason why my fate changed and why I was able to escape from their wrath. 

 

The complete opposite from what happened in the Manhwa. 

 

Am I really making Eury's fate now? Or is still carved in stone and I just made minor changes? 

 

Either way, thanks to this hurtful conversation, I was able to understand how The High Priestess' mind works. She's all up for giving 2nd chances no matter how much she hate the person— AS LONG AS SHE SEE IT. See clearly the changes and clean intentions one is offering. 

 

She's indeed the High Priestess for a reason. 

 

"Then I apologize if I still can't open my heart to someone who gave me so much pain to remember." 

 

I closed my eyes at that. 

 

Why do you have to be Mina of all people? Why can't Mina be the Empress instead? She's quite the seductive type, just like my Mina too. Why so you have to be the Princess who loathes my character? I can never get use to this side of yours...even if you two are completely different from each other  

 

I stand frozen when I came face to face with Princess Arizona herself. She's mad. She's exasperated and it doubled when she saw me. Tripled when she saw my hand intertwined with one of friends. 

 

As if cheating, I abruptly let go of Count Freyseia's hand and opened my mouth to immediately defend myself.

 

"It's not—"

 

"You too Frey? Well you're a kind person after all. Just don't get too close or you'll lose your wings. Don't be fooled of what she's letting you see because it'll be the opposite of what she'll make you feel." 

 

Princess Arizona's sharp words made a cut not only to my sentence but also to my entire being. I felt completely defeated with the injustice this world is giving me. I can't even blame her for feeling like that because it's valid. What she's feeling is valid and I must accept it with all of me. 

 

When the Princess completely walked out of the room, I made eye contact with the High Priestess and it lasted only for a second before she noticed the person beside me. 

 

"There you are you sly swine. Archduke Bentis is looking for you. Come he's going to introduce new sponsors." The High Priestess didn't wait for Count Frey's response anymore and grabbed her arm from mine. 

 

"Chantal that's foul! I just somehow know you're doing this on purpose! It's exactly what you always do whenever I get too close to Trinity." Count Frey groaned, voice fading as the High Priestess dragged her out leaving me in Princess Arizona and Marquess Trinity's room with only my thoughts as companion. 

 

I'm wondering....should I continue my original plan and just avoid contact with Princess Arizona throughout this story? 

 

That's hard considering how I should report to her every now and then because I'm under her supervision in a Royal-Noble relationship. 

 

I sighed depressingly this time and turned around. 

 

Count Frey was right. It was indeed a bad idea. It's actually enough to ruin my day. 

 

I should just go back. Back to Selsi. 

 

"You're not thinking of going back to Selsi, aren't you?" I turned around and saw Trinity leaning her palm on the door, slightly panting. 

 

She must've rushed here. 

 

"I came here as soon as I heard what happened as I passed by Chantal and Frey arguing." She explained and walked towards me.  

 

I wanted to complain and unload everything to Trinity since she’s the closest person to completely understand me right now but confiding would also mean telling her about Mina and that would complicate things further.

 

So in the end I just smiled, “I understand where she’s coming from.”

 

Trinity sighed.

 

“You haven’t talked to her yet?”

 

Oh that’s right she did say it’s better to have a talk with the Princess and settle our issue but a lot has happened so far. I was busy saving and preparing myself from my doom routes which sadly includes the Princess that I wasn’t able to sit down and ask for an audience.

 

I shook my head, “I never got the chance to. Add also the fact that my fear is playing a great role. She is, after all, a Princess. I’m afraid that if I somehow offend her further, I might not be able to practice the chance of changing this…this Eury person to act a little more like me.. Kim Dahyun. After all, she has my face and voice.”

 

The Marquess placed a hand on my shoulder and tapped it twice. I read somewhere in Count Eury’s library that this kind of gesture is used to show support non-verbally. A really genuine act in thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter