Eury's Leads

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Characters (so far):

Head Master Naomi Gonsalves - Im Nayeon

Lord Jade Drakos - Yoo Jeongyeon

Count Freyseia Sullivan - Hirai Momo

High Priestess Chantal Eustrige - Park Jihyo

Princess Arizona Forestiere - Myoui Mina

Count Eury of Selsi - Kim Dahyun

Count Myrll Rioca - Kim Minju

Sir Terrence Lockwood - Kang Taehyun

Count/General Itzayana "Itzel" Xerrion - Son Chaeyoung

Empress Savina Leigh de Zestria - Minatozaki Sana

Marquess Trinity Gureistone - Chou Tzuyu

Onyx Safriyel - Shin Ryujin

Grand Duchess Eloisa Ventis - Irene/Bae Joohyun

Sir Clyde Holt - Choi Beomgyu

3rd Person's POV 

 

It was supposedly a rainy day but the aura in Count Eury's household in Selsi says otherwise. It was quite lively and upon her arrival 4 days ago, Eury was shocked to see her newly renovated estate. It was a farcry from the dark, withered, and dry house she saw the first time she set foot here. 

 

Now it was filled with colors, newly established exterior designs were added and even the fountain was remodeled with an even more sophisticated design than that of the Fountain of Fortune. Not only that but the pathways are replaced with high grade bricks which contributed a lot to the overall look of the newly re-born residence of Count Eury and Selsi in general. 

 

Unlike before where not a single servant greeted her, this time all of them, even Onyx whose life revolves around the forest, lined outside and welcomed Eury back with such warmth. That night, his Chef made a feast and Eury made history for being the first ever Noble who allowed her servants to dine with her.

 

Well of course she doesn't know that.

 

"Terry! Why don't you want to use a sword?! You could easily be a Commander with your talent!" 

 

"I pledged my loyalty to this County and I have no plans on applying for the Imperial Knights." 

 

"That is not the point!" 

 

Currently, Eury is in her office which was also remodeled to her liking. She is busy doing paperworks for three things at once:: checking the leftover works from before the Vacation, processing the papers of the Jouvez siblings and examining the medical report the Head Master organized with the help of Princess Arizona's finest Royal Doctors and the High Priestess' mana evaluation while her Left Hand Man—Head Butler, Terrence Lockwood and self-proclaimed Best Mate, Commander Itzayana Xerrion bicker in front of her. 

 

Her Vacation came out to be unintentionally productive. Because of the incidents, The Royal Palace is now giving more importance in strengthening their forces and is now coordinating with the Ministry of Magic to discuss on what best course of action should they do and implement to prevent the same situation to happen again. 

 

Archduke Ventis also took important notes of having a regular evaluation and check around his estate. Eury suggested it's better if he'd station 3 or 4 nights in the forest and have them do a rotational patrolling to better ensure the safety of not only in his Villa but also to his Manor. 

 

Count Eury sighed and leaned back to her chair. As Kim Dahyun back then, she wasn't this overloaded. Maybe because she had help from technology. 

 

She took the her medical report and gave it to Itzel. 

 

"Read it and let me think of what it meant to you." Because truthfully, Eury is having a hard time understanding it.

 

Itzel got quiet and even went to sit on Eury's furnished couch. 

 

"Your mana cap is not bulging. Eury it's what causing you to have a small stamina. You need to go and unseal this. It's affecting your health." For the first time since Eury or Dahyun met Itzel, her calm worried tone surprised her.

 

Eury knows that. She knows that she has to do something about it but how? When she couldn't even remember who sealed it in the first place. 

 

"The High Priestess went through so much trouble just to poke some holes on it and you even got me Instructors to teach me the basics of Magic and yet this is still causing me and everyone around me problems." Eury stated with a sigh. 

 

Itzel furrowed her eyebrows at that and slammed her fist on the table, shocking both Eury and Terry. 

 

"Don't say that my best mate! Although imperfect, you were able to protect the Princess with that. We may have a mana flowing into our body but not all of us can express it through magic. Take me for example, I can't use magic but my mana is a skill in fighting by using swords but that doesn't make me less of a person nor does Lord Jade who's a dragon, nor Aunt who's a half Sylph." 

 

What Itzel said actually made sense and Eury was once again reminded that this is a fantasy world she got reincarnated in. Humans can weild magic, Dragons can be humans and hybrids are a thing. Eury felt better hearing that. 

 

"How do I unseal this Mana Cap then?" 

 

Itzel shrugged and took a muffin from her plate, "I don't know, you're the only one who knows who sealed it." 

 

Now that is a real problem because Eury has no memories of the old Eury's past unless it was written in the Manhwa. 

 

"I want to learn more of this Magic thing." Eury declared. 

 

"Hmm weird. You refused to talk about it and was so adamant in getting rid of it before that's why you sealed it. What made you change your mind?" 

 

It's another question Eury needs to find an answer: Why did Eury sealed her own mana? From the looks of it she has tons of it to the point that even the Empress Savina offered her the position of the Empire's Sorcerer. So why? 

 

Eury groaned, "My head is getting heavy from thinking too much." 

 

"Hah! That's why I don't think. It's just a bother." 

 

Thankfully, Itzel didn't pry deeper. Eury can't really answer that question right now. Not without really knowing the old Count Eury's past. 

 

"Terry, how is my pending arrangements with the Cathedral?" 

 

Yesterday, Eury gathered all of her clues and wrote it down. She didn't have time to look for clues because the plot was moving too fast and now she's waiting for the next arc which is her schedule for Trial. 

 

It's actually scheduled long ago, when the old Eury is still the one inhabiting this body. Because of her piled up mistakes and offenses, Princess Arizona filed a trial for her to let the Royal Council evaluate her and see if she's still worthy to have her title. It can go two ways: Eury will pass the trial and continue living like nothing happened and two, all her possession will be confiscated and she won't be a Count anymore. 

 

It's an event Eury or Dahyun is starting to prepare for but for now it's not her focus.

 

The closest she can get is knowing the existence of a certain Goddess whom she never met before. Trinity said she died and got reincarnated into this world as a baby who can remember her past life but is clueless as to how life works in this world. She spent her infant years learning about this world while Dahyun had that privilege by reading Trinity's story as a Manhwa. 

 

They may of have come from a modern world but it is clear to say that Dahyun and Tzuyu got reincarnated in a different way. Dahyun reincarnated half-way through Eury's life while Tzuyu spent all her life here as Trinity. 

 

Does that have something to do with meeting the Goddess? 

 

Anyhow, the first step Eury needs to do right now is collect information about this said Goddess and that's why she's going to ask permission to enter the Holy Grounds—Cathedral to examine its books hoping for clues. 

 

She can only do that with the permission of the High Priestess which is Chantal. 

 

"Yes Master, the High Priestess immediately responded to your request and approved the date of your visit there in the Cathedral." Eury sighed in relief at that. 

 

She wasn't really sure the High Priestess would still allow her there considering how the previous Eury wrecked the place before. 

 

"Great. Then let's start our journey tomorrow towards the Imperial Cas...." Eury shivered at the thought of crossing paths with the Empress once again. The Cathedral is located on a magical hill where its only entrance is situated in the Imperial Castle. 

 

She doesn't know why but no one can seem to match the Empress' extremeness, not even the Grand Duchess who was really straight forward with her during her stay in their Archduchy. 

 

The Empress was determined and Eury can't quite figure out what is it about her that makes her feel so nostalgic. 

 

"Imperial Castle huh. Savina is sure going to like that. I told you, you should've chosen her instead of her cousin." 

 

Itzel's comment made Eury look at her with wide wondering eyes. Why not? When Itzel just called the Empress by her name.

 

"You know her?" 

 

"Stop kidding around best mate. Of course I do! We literally play croquettes together back when I was still under my brother's command and Savina's just a princess." 

 

It was still a mystery to Eury how she wasn't aware about Itzel and Savina's existence in the Manhwa. Maybe because it really focused on Trinity's life that it left no space for Eury's background? If that's the case then why wasn't the Empress ever mentioned? She plays a vital role in this Empire and yet she wasn't mentioned even once in the Manhwa. 

 

"Then do you at least know why she likes me?" Eury asked, really clueless as to what the Empress saw in her before. 

 

"Don't you think you should ask yourself that? What did you do before that made her so attached to you like this that she's able to easily overlook your wrongdoings and believed in you still?"

 

Another mystery yet again. Eury's bummed out and there's just too much to think of. She decided to push that thought to the side for now and focused on the clues she's going to get in the Cathedral tomorrow morning. 

 

Eury sighed before taking off her spectacle, something she learned to love using due to the complexity of this world's language (Dahyun was thankful for mostly muscle memories) before standing up and fixed her still-so-ever uncomfortable dress.

 

"Terry call all the staff in the common lounge. I'm going to check on the Jouvez siblings." 

 

Eury tasked both Sir Terrence and Madame Hailee, her Head Maid to attend to these siblings' needs. From the clothings to making sure they can eat three times a day. She wasn't really planning on making them work but somehow they insisted and said that their parents taught them how things should be earned, which is both a bad and good mentality to have. In the end, Eury agreed and gave them jobs fitting to their liking and interest. 

 

The twins, Blanche and Noir Jouvez are having their service training under Sir Terrence and Madame Hailee respectively. Eury also just recently found out that Noir had ambitions of becoming a Doctor while Blanche was interested in business through an interview conducted by the Princess during the boat ride home. It gave her an idea of getting them a home-school education through one of the Academia's offered services but of course she still needs to talk to the Head Master about that. 

 

The youngest, Rouge Jouvez, their sibling on the mother side, a hybrid with a blood that of a human bull, seemed to have a connection with plants that is why Eury assigned him to be the gardener despite being only 12. 

 

 

DAHYUN's POV

My heart jumped in joy the moment I see the three of them from a far, lined up to the side as they await for my presence. Though still frail and almost skinny, I can already see the glow that started to shine in each and every one of them. 

 

Blanche is wearing a lime green mid-length dress, Noir is now wearing the clothes I gave them—the ones he refused to wear at first—a biege button-up shirt, tucked in a leather brown trousers while Rouge is in a short-sleeved top overlayed by black suspenders and also tucked in neatly. 

 

Truthfully he doesn't look like a 12-year old kid but that's okay because I know he's going to grow up fine here. I'll make sure of that. 

 

"Good Morning." I greeted them first and flashed them a smile. 

 

"Greetings Count Eury!" 

 

Terry did a great job teaching them basic etiquettes. 

 

I was about to say something but Noir kept on glancing at my shoulder and when I caught him, he diverted his gaze to the ground. 

 

"It's okay Noir. It already disappeared. You know how magic works right?" 

 

He clasped his hands and lowered his head even further, "Please forgive me Count Eury. Punish me instead of my siblings!" 

 

I see so despite being twins, Noir is acting as their eldest and for someone young as him to take responsibility, that is commendable. 

 

"Loosen up. I'm not punishing anyone plus you never really intended to hurt anyone right? You just want to scare us and you grazed my arm because Rouge was inside the Hut. You don't need to apologize Noir, it's me who asked for it." I tapped his shoulder, reassuring him that he doesn't need to worry about that. 

 

"Thank you, thank you Count Eury!" 

 

I smiled once more and turned around just in time for my other staffs to arrive. 

 

"Alright! So as you can see, I'm the most understaffed Noble here in this entire Empire. That is because I have trust issues and I work better this way but that doesn't mean I limit myself. I only accept those who have the potential."

 

Despite of what I suggested at the Archduke's Villa, I actually have a good reason not to have Knights or a large scale staff: No one wants to and I don't want to. I can't trust someone who's unwilling to serve me. It's as simple as that. 

 

"First we have my Left Hand Man and the Head Butler in this County, Sir Terrence Lockwood. If you have any questions regarding the overall management of the estate please turn to him for help." I started with Terry since he's going to be the one they'll frequently see. 

 

"Then we have Madame Hayle, our Head Maid. Hakeem, our cook—Hakeem the breakfast earlier was excellent—Licht, our coachman then we have Ony—oh nevermind she's not here." It's quite hard to catch her especially if she's not in the cottage. 

 

"So! I think that's all my staff here. Noir, you'll continue having basic etiquette and academic lessons with Sir Terrence until I find you a better teacher. Same to you Blanche, Madame Hayle will teach you all the basics you should know while I teach you a little of what I know about business." 

 

I know I'm not the best but I've been studying non-stop to better handle my County and that includes investing in businesses and also how to manage it. I figure I'd share it with her until their education papers are processed. 

 

A huge smile made its way to their faces and for me that was already enough as a payment. Then I couldn't help but avert my gaze to their youngest sibling, Rouge who's been fixing and ruffling his hair not so subtly. He's been doing that ever since they got here that's why I asked Blanche about it the other day and found out that Rouge has two short horns growing on his head that's why he refused to be groomed the first day here. 

 

I understand that and respect his decision in not doing so but seeing him look so uncomfortable around despite us reassuring him urged me to do something about it and for now this is all I could think of. 

 

"Rouge." I started as I kneel in front of him. 

 

Hey he might not look like a 12 year old but I'm still taller! 

 

"I know I can't get rid of your insecurities that fast but if this helps you gain confidence bit by bit then I'd be happy if you use this." I handed him an Ivy hat which I designed and specifically requested from Myrll days before she left. 

 

Back in my previous life I've always fancied wearing berets and ivy hats but now, Rouge needs this the most. 

 

I figured he was a timid person when his eyes just sparkled and clutched the hat close to him. That's okay. Unlike his siblings, Rouge doesn't have much ambitions but only wanted to take good care of plants and that alone is obvious who I should take as his temporary teacher. 

 

Problem is: Would Onyx agree to this? 

 

I should bring tons of peace offerings for this request. 

 

"Well I'm not really strict with my staff here as long as they're doing their job right so please, take your leisure time too. All amenities are available to you just as they are available to every noble that comes and go in this Household. Am I clear?" 

 

Equality and Equity—two important values that I hold dear back when I used to lead clubs and organizations in High School. 

 

"Yes Count Eury." 

 

~

 

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" I asked the person who's clinging on my leg right now, crying. 

 

"I'll be fine! I just don't understand why I had to go back!" 

 

I rolled my eyes as she dramatically said that. 

 

We just arrived in the Imperial Castle and again, if it weren't for Itzel, we might have a hard time going in. Security really is strict in this diamond-coated Castle. Of course, Terry had to stay and wait in the Carriage along with Licht. 

 

"Itzel you need to do your job. You've been with me since the end of the Alumni Gathering. Truthfully I've been seeing your face almost every day!" 

 

What happened was, one of her Knights came to her and told her that her presence is needed in battle especially now that her brother has officially retired from being Chief. Itzel clearly doesn't want to go but I also don't want to be held accountable for the lived that are going to be lost if she won't go that's why I'm shooing her right now.

 

"But lately you've been a target of misfortune! What if those Anti-Monarch bastards attack again? Huh?!" 

 

This dramatic cub. Sighs. I'm well aware she's worried about me and genuinely too. I can still remember the first time I met her in the Head Master's room. She drew her sword thinking Trinity and her friends were the ones who hurt me. Then she destroyed the boat that caused my Seasickness (it was the current and I forgot to correct her about that), I heard she beat up the Archduke's Knights and even the Royal Guards then lastly she almost pounded Noir to a pulp when she found out that it was his arrow that hit me. 

 

Let's not get started with the property damage she made just searching for me all around the Archduke's Estate when we got lost during the Lake Trip 

 

"I've been taking defense and magic training from the instructors you referred. I'm going to be fine Itzel." 

 

I can't believe I have to reassure this midget. As long as Terry is around, nothing can harm me but then again I've learned my lesson back in Archduke Ventis' Villa that is why I'm working my off in studying both practical and theoretical mana lessons. 

 

"C-Commander, the carriage is here." 

 

This stupid cub's knight must've known how much of an idiot his leader is. I mean look at how he's stuttering, afraid of what her response may be. 

 

"See you later Itzel." I lazily said and waved her goodbye as I gave her troop the go signal and started dragging her out and through the hallway. 

 

After much careful threading, I finally arrived in the Cathedral's Holy Library. Good thing it's in a different setting from the Cathedral itself. I don't have a good feeling about the priests and priestess—Eury did have a bad reputation here. 

 

And I was right when I arrived at the entrance and the Holy Guards held me in place with such hostility despite wearing my Noble's pin. 

 

"Outsiders, unless permitted by the High Priestess, can't be allowed to set foot in the Holy Library." They said as they crossed their spears to block my path. 

 

Good thing I have patience, if it's Eury she'd gone berserk right now just for disrespecting her. 

 

I smiled which already caught them off guard. I doubt they ever saw Count Eury smile. 

 

"I've received not only the Head Master's Seal but also the High Priestess' permission to use the Cathedral's Library." I started with a calm voice and sweet smile as I handed them the letter. 

 

However, I have to make an impression where they won't perceive me as hostile anymore and at the same time they won't try and mess with me with the soft change I'm showing. 

 

"Though crossing your spear in front of a Nobility is a violation of your intended laws. You prohibited me without asking for my purpose. That alone can get you executed and I'd do that if I wanted to." They froze as I said that, lips curling to a smirk.

 

"But I'm not the Count Eury you think you've known. So I'm going to let this slide for once and do hope for such thing to not happen again. Not just to me but to anyone who stands before you, high in rank or low." 

 

If they treated me like this, someone already of Noble status, what more to those commoners who wishes to seek for answers here? If I hadn't been reincarnated as a Count, I'd be having 10x the trouble because of such discriminations going around. 

 

"Forgive our insolence My Lady!" 

 

I went inside after reverting back to my previous sweet smile as a response. 

 

Now let me see, other life, parallel universes, time travel—none?!

 

"Oh wait they don't have those in this time." I clicked my tongue as I pondered for other terms and words related to those concepts. 

 

How about information of the Goddess and other gods in this world. Like a list of all their supernatural higher being just like the book Percy Jackson narrated to better understand each and every god.

 

None?!

 

I groaned and carefully scanned the books in the Spiritual Self section, "...feed your core, Uplifting your morals, Meditation—Binggo!" 

 

I grabbed the book and immediately opened its contents. 

 

Soul Detachment

 

"A soul is like water that one can see and touch as it takes on any form its container gives. A soul, like water, can be released into the ocean and scooped back to serve purpose and that is why a cup without a water, a human flesh without a soul is nothing but a pile of meat." 

 

Scary but true. So souls really are a big deal to them. Basically from what I've read so far in the books from Eury's library, the Cathedral's whole purpose was to help nourish one's soul so that it would have a smooth transition to the afterlife. 

 

"..however, as you spill a cup filled with water, replacement comes in. Might be different in volume, different in quality and density but same in container." 

 

So it's true then? I really am Count Eury's soul replacement in this world. But wait—

 

"But in order to fill the cup with new water, it must first be spilled. In this case the Old Eury's soul should've been removed first, right? I mean I died out there while Eury was in the middle of punching Trinity that time so how come there was a replacement of her soul when it didn't even spill in this first place?" 

 

I think I'm starting to see the clear picture of what kind of answers to seek right now. 

 

I flipped the page and saw figures similar to that of the Vitruvian Man, one of Da Vinci's drawing with a phrase below that states:

 

Everything connects to everything else.

 

I skimmed the book, picking up the important details until I arriaved at a ritual's page where black magic was used to detach a soul from its container by force. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter