Kim Dahyun's Trust and Will

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CAST

Count Eury of Selsi - Kim Dahyun

Head Master Naomi Gonsalves - Im Nayeon

Lord Jade Drakos - Yoo Jeongyeon

Count Freyseia Sullivan - Hirai Momo

Empress Savina Leigh de Zestria - Minatozaki Sana

High Priestess Chantal Eustrige - Park Jihyo

Princess Arizona Forestiere - Myoui Mina

Commander Itzayana 'Itzel' Xerrion - Son Chaeyoung

Marquess Trinity Gureistone - Chou Tzuyu

Grand Duchess Eloisa Ventis - Bae Joohyun

Side: 

Count Myrll Rioca - Kim Minju

Sir Terrence 'Terry' Lockwood - Kang Taehyun

Sir Clyde Holt - Choi Beomgyu

Sir Licht Palven - Choi Soobin

Blanche Jouvez - Hwang Yeji

Noir Jouvez - Hwang Hyunjin

Rouge Jouvez - Nishimura Riki

Prince Azure Forestiere - Park Sunghoon

Madame Hailee 'Hayle' Saavedra - Lee Jieun

 

other characters are tba.

"Okay spill it Eury." 

 

Myrll's exasperated voice brought me back to my senses. Truthfully, I even forgot she's there with me. I was just too engrossed in my own thoughts that I can't even properly think right now.

 

"I'm sorry, were you asking for something?" 

 

Ever since I told Myrll everything about me and Kim Dahyun—I was able to breath a little. I felt free and that's exactly what I needed right now. What Count Eury's Father said about Black Magic and Engagement rings was too overwhelming that I didn't even know where to start. 

 

"I'm not going to continue this if you're not going to tell me what's wrong." 

 

It's scary how Myrll came to know me better—both as Eury (obviously) and as Kim Dahyun in action. 

 

Currently, we're in her room in the Von Strauss Archduchy where she's getting my measurement for the garment she'll personally sew for me after getting my preferences. I've been complaining about how uncomfortable these era dresses are. I can't really get into it and she heard my plea thus the fitting room. 

 

"I'm perplexed. Count Eury....she... she's a mystery I'm having a hard time to solve. How can a simple villain be so complicated? The moment I uncover a path, it unlocks two new more." I ranted, finally getting off the pedestal and slumped unto the bed. 

 

Gosh I didn't even notice my hands getting weary. 

 

"Let me guess, you saw the ring?" 

 

I craned my head to look at her, "How'd you know that?" 

 

I saw her sigh and place the measuring tape down. Perhaps she's prepared for this discussion because there was a cup of tea waiting for her on her desk. 

 

"I waited for you to see it. It's something hard to explain because I never really crossed paths with the Commander nor the Empress when we were little." She confessed. 

 

Just like the Manhwa huh? 

 

It's like a premium chapter in webtoons and it's making me irk because I really want to know the end of the line. 

 

"Then why do you think so? Why did Count Eury had to journey through each town to personally collect the ring's parts just to give it to the Empress?"  

 

When I asked that, Myrll was already giving me the look. 

 

"Don't you think the answer's obvious?" She retaliated. 

 

"So why did she had to make Princess Arizona's life a living hell?" I asked her this instead. 

 

Myrll sipped on her cup before crossing her legs, a habit I noticed of hers when she's really into the conversation and that's a good thing because that just means she's taking this as seriously as I am. 

 

"Here's the deal Eury...or Dahyun." She bit her lip and looked at me apologetically, "I'm sorry, I still can't just think of you as someone else. Inside me, I'm still treating you like the Eury I once knew." 

 

I sat up and gave her a reassuring smile, "It's fine." 

 

"When my sick mother gave me up for adoption, your father's distant relative took me in and called me his own. You were around 10 the moment I came into the picture and you already had known the Commander by then. I knew because you'd then be exclusively fetched by the Imperial Carriage from time to time. What I know is that, you were already engaged to the Princess at that time and it was a political move because it was made to fend off suitors from both sides." 

 

I stayed quiet as I indulged myself in a quick ran through of timelines. There was already a hole in Count Myrll's narration because it didn't really uncover the path where Itzel and the Empress are. It's okay though, I might've needed to hear this first before deciding on what to do next. 

 

"From what I can observe though, the feelings were mutual." 

 

I looked away when my hunch was right. I kind of figured it was true at some point. Count Eury wouldn't of have been this bad if it weren't. Just....why did fate have to be so harsh? 

 

"The Princess was really fond of you and I can also see adoration in your eyes back then but Academy came and one of you grew out of it because the next thing I knew after my education in Belherg, you already called off the Engagement and the Princess agreed to it." 

 

Grew out of it? Who? Was it Count Eury? Impossible. The Princess? More likely. If my guess is right, it was around the time Trinity was introduced into our lives. But as what Myrll have stated before, she's not very much acquainted with the both of them to know their sides. 

 

"But you'd always tell me how the Empress piqued your interest."

 

I scoffed at that. I mean, right now I would tell her how the Empress could still poke my interest. She's just ahk how do I even begin to explain her? 

 

"Is it wrong that my heart is screaming for an engaged person?" I can't help but ask. 

 

"Are you sure it's your heart?" 

 

I glanced at her and saw Myrll looking at me intently. 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

Myrll gave me a small smile before her signature rolling eyes followed. 

 

"You told me yourself. She looks just like your ex-girlfriend so how sure are you that it's not just your mind playing tricks on you." I fell silent as Myrll's point pierced through my chest, hitting the bull's-eye. 

 

"Or maybe you're just frustrated because here, in this world you learned that you two were never meant to be together in the first place and you just can't accept that." 

 

I laughed dryly and covered my eyes, "Aaaah I needed that one." 

 

Telling Myrll my situation was the best thing I ever did. I needed to have an unbiased opinion here and I just got it in a really harsh way, painful enough for me to reconsider my decisions. 

 

"You don't need to worry Myrll. What I told you before...still stands. No matter what, I'll help them push through the wedding. It's the least I could do, it's the least I could do as Count Eury." 

 

Myrll hummed a skeptical response. I can't blame her though. With me nothing to hide anymore, I felt like an open book to her. 

 

"Then what are you going to do about the Empress?" 

 

Now I'm back to the start of the loop. Sighs. 

 

"It's still early for me to think and conclude that Count Eury really did have feelings for her. I mean sure I get flustered when she's there but aren't we all? Isn't that a natural reaction if someone sees a heavenly being with majestic pink hair that can make you swoon and not to mention the robe garment she'd always—always—wear? Even high nobles tremble before her. How am I suppose to single myself out if all of us feel the same way towards her? I don't want to be unfair, Myrll." 

 

Despite the fact that she can be a little infuriating at times and that she makes me want to pull my hair out, I can never deny the good qualities she served both as a leader and as a friend. 

 

"Well I understand you in that one. As I've said, I don't really know the Empress enough. Never even saw her clearly. The last time I did was when I was still in Belherg and that's like more than 10 years ago." 

 

Even Myrll huh? Well I can't really question that. Everyone in my household was out of breath when they first saw the Empress and that's the very first time her image shed light on them. The Empress never had a promotional painting everywhere that's why the townfolks went into chaos too. 

 

"In the end, I'm not Count Eury, am I? She's not here anymore. I'm only someone controlling her body and using her things. I can never be her." 

 

The Empress' feelings shouldn't be my concern. My priority would be to ensure a happy ending for Princess Arizona and Marquess Trinity yet there are things in this world that slowly makes it harder for me to leave and I'm not just talking about the Empress or Count Frey or the High Priestess or Lord Jade and Head Master Naomi or Itzel but there's also the staff that I, as Kim Dahyun built, there's that family that I'm starting to get attached to in such a fast rate, there's Maeve whose future I'm excited to look forward to and then there's me. 

 

There's the different side of me that I wasn't able to discover as Kim Dahyun. 

 

I didn't know a charmer like me, easy to make friends can actually get tongue-tied around a pink-headed ball of moonlight. I didn't know that I had the kind of courage to talk back to a Duke given the lined-up danger routes I'm awared of. I didn't know I am able to find comfort in an unfamiliar place through Count Frey. I didn't even know how much I needed a chaotic best friend in my life till I met Itzel! 

 

I learned so much from my new me. 

 

"I hate to say this to Eury's body but... you're more than the Eury she ever was. You are what Eury was expected to be if she grew up walking the right way. Don't get me wrong, it is still my aim to know more about souls and find hers but for now, this world needs you. It needed you to be the Count Eury she could've been." 

 

Through that I was able to recollect myself from breaking down. Somehow, those words weren't the ones I expected to hear but it calmed me down. As if someone just told me I was doing a good job thus far and it kept me going. 

 

"Tell me honestly, are you really younger than Count Eury?" 

 

She playfully rolled her eyes, "Oh please. I had an early kick-start for maturation." 

 

"Why is that?"

 

"I had to grow up with an immature you." 

 

Pfft. I laughed out loud and stood up to ruffle her hair in which she responded with a glare. 

 

Aaahh I felt refreshed now that I've started to sort things out. 

 

"Alright. I shouldn't let these overwhelm me. Not now when it's crucial." I stated and turned to Myrll. 

 

There are still things needed to get done for our preparation against them. With how things have been, it's hard to trust anyone right now and I can only handpick a few but I'm also torn in whether or not to involve them in this. 

 

"Were you able to confirm that, that person is the insider?" I asked, diverting the topic back to our original plan. 

 

I can't let them get into me like this. They wanted to stall me and I can't let them have it. 

 

I knew it's going to be a good news when Myrll smiled at me, "Of course. For now, Noir is keeping a close eye on that place." 

 

"Good." I nodded, satisfied. 

 

"Will the Faunillans attend the Engagement Party?" 

 

The Zest Royals, an already distant royal blood. Never have they once showed support towards any Imperial Events but now that it's Kingdom Eria's grand event—there might be a chance they'll attend. 

 

"Though they declined the invitation, i'm a hundred percent sure they'll be there." 

 

I didn't question her with that. After all, Myrll became a spy directly under their noses as a Royal Servant in disguise. It was a risky move but now Myrll understood why I had to make her do that and it's now bearing fruit. 

 

"What do you think will be their reason for declining?" 

 

Instead of giving me an immediate answer, Myrll stood up and grabbed something from her drawer instead. 

 

A newspaper.

 

"Zest Winter Festival." 

 

I see. They wanted everyone to know they are busy with the upcoming Kingdom-wide festival and that would free the rising thoughts of possible attacks. What a clever move. 

 

"Wait, is it possible to decline an invitation and still go anyway?" I wondered. 

 

"Of course. Both King Aristle and Princess Arizona are kind-hearted individuals. Such a foul move wouldn't matter to them. Especially if it's from fellow aristocrats. It would even be an honor to them if Zest is to successfully attend such an event considering they rarely go." 

 

Myrll had a point there and that actually gave me an idea to something. A lightbulb is surely blinking up there and I'm just praying such move would work and if it does, then I can ensure a trouble-free Engagement Party.

 

"With that look on your face, I'm assuming you already have a plan, yes?" 

 

I flashed a grin that confirmed her thoughts. 

 

"I still need to try my luck in persuading Trin to move the Engagement Party. That's the safest route I have right now." 

 

Prevention is better than cure. That kind of proverb. Oh well if it doesn't work, now I have a back-up plan and it was only made possible because I listened to Myrll and I took a leap of faith to get to know Count Eury even more by going back to her Archduchy and cleared the misunderstandings and assum1ptions I had. 

 

"But how did you know that, that person is the other insider if it wasn't mentioned in the novel you were reading to begin with?" 

 

Oh that one. I got lucky because I retained my persistent side when doing org works back then and it helped me trace their movement.

 

"It was a dreadful process. I had to narrow down 150+ nobles in that Alumni Gathering and then I had to, each have a background check. I felt like a goddamn detective—"

 

"Detective?" 

 

Ah of course they don't have that here. 

 

"—err well it's a person that investigates to find out the truth about a certain matter." 

 

"Oh just like the Investigation Knights." 

 

I nodded, "Yes, yes. Just like them." 

 

"You mean, you did all of that and really, actually got who the insider is?" 

 

The amazed tone in Myrll's voice is making me abash. 

 

"Well of course I wasn't able to reach that if it weren't for your clues. The information you told me regarding the recent history of trades delivered the final blow to the nail." 

 

I wasn't sugarcoating it nor diverting to a way that would praise Myrll but it's really the truth and she deserves to know that.

 

Myrll gave me a sweet smile and bowed in a playful way, "Then I'm glad to be of service."

 

A plan was established and now what's left are the actions. I guess I just have to do well in communicating. 

 

"So what are you going to do about that ring in your hand right now?" 

 

If she hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't of have remembered it. It was scary because the ring kind of just blended in and it felt natural holding on to it that's why I momentarily forgot. 

 

Hesitantly, I took it out of its box earlier and now I've been feeling it on my palm ever since. 

 

"I'll still give it to her." I declared which visibly surprised her. 

 

"But I thought you'd like to go ho—" 

 

"And I'll tell her the truth about me." 

 

I have decided. Once I secured both the Engagement Party and the Wedding, I will surrender myself to the Empress and tell her the truth. Regardless of whether Count Eury's memories would return or not. She, at least deserves to know me. 

 

The Empress has been stuck with the thought of Count Eury ever since they were kids and if telling her the truth would help her move on then I'm willing to take the risk. 

 

Once everything is over. 

 

Once Marquess Trinity and Princess Arizona gets their happy ending. 

 

Once I've accomplished my part . 

 

"You know? Regarding what you've said about the Princess, why do you kept on fooling yourself? I mean you can't help but constantly see your girlfriend in her, can you?" 

 

Oof I thought I managed to dodge her on that. 

 

"Well you can't blame me. They're literally the same print." I answered safely.

 

"And yet their personalities differ. You say your girlfriend was wild and crazy. Can you imagine the Princess as someone wild and crazy?" 

 

I pursed my lips at that. Damnit she had a good point. 

 

"Fine, fine. I'll try." 

 

Myrll nodded, "Good cause you also need to start looking at others. The Empress and the Princess aren't the only ones seeking for your attention." 

 

Huh? 

 

"My attention?" 

 

Oh god Myrll rolled her eyes again. Just how sarcastic can she be? 

 

"The High Priestess literally gave you the one-in-a-decade protection spell, intended for the protection and securement of the Royal Bloods. Count Sullivan—oh heavens—you made her drop the responsibility of a real-time organizer just so she can be your date." 

 

My jaw dropped when I heard that.

 

"Count Frey was their organizer?!" 

 

"Head Organizer, must I say." 

 

I didn't know! 

 

"If I had known then I would've reconsidered attending with a date instead." I mumbled, feeling guilty that I was able to disturb Count Frey in her work. 

 

I should've ask prior. Aishhhh. I should talk to her after this. 

 

Myrll looked at me weirdly, "Why Count Sullivan? The Empress would literally crash the party for you. The High Priestess is not allowed to bring dates during such parties but if you can make her come as Marquess Eustrige then she could be your date. I don't understand why Count Sullivan is the only person you're seeing here." 

 

I was about to answer her but my mouth went dry. Wait a freaking minute, Myrll was right though. When I first heard from Trinity that I need to make sure to bring a date, the first person that came into my mind was Count Frey. 

 

She was just too comfortable to be with. I remember having a hard time looking at their disappointed gazes and disgusted looks the first time round then here comes Count Frey's bright smile which saved me back then—the Alumni's Gathering. 

 

She approached me first. Helped me look less of a fool out there and she didn't even care about such glares. I guess that side of her won me over. 

 

Maybe because having Count Frey near me just felt....right for some reasons. 

 

I looked away, trying to be oblivious of the fact that my ears are getting red, "A-Anyways! There's this someone I've been meaning to ask you about." 

 

"Way to divert the topic huh. Well I'll let it slide this time." Myrll smirked before sipping her tea and went back to crossing her legs as she relaxed on her chair. 

 

"Evan Lukardi. What do you know about him. He seems a bit of an important character in Count Eury's life." I asked directly after clearing my throat. 

 

I just know that his death affected Count Eury so much that it helped lead her into this. 

 

"Hmmm that copper-haired boy you met in the academy. I recall that in your letters, you described him as a stray cat and that you found him getting bullied over a bunch of higher aristocrats. You became friends overtime and he's usually the one you'd call whenever you fail or succeed on something."

 

So they were really close huh. This gives me an indication that Count Eury knew how to make friends and communicate and yet that communication skills wasn't used properly. 

 

"How....How did he die?" 

 

Myrll looked at me and shook her head, "A not-so-secret organization slaughtered their whole family after someone uncovered their disloyalty towards the Empire." 

 

I thought it was something accidental, purely out of control and this just changes everything. 

 

"An organization?" 

 

"Yes, the Y.A.T.O. Though they are disbanded now, they carved history by staying loyal to Emperor Sevastian till the very end." 

 

I'm getting confused here. Being disloyal to the Emperor isn't against the law. They are allowed to line as an opposing family as long as they are well respecting of the boundary they recognize not to cross. 

 

That's quite an unfair reason. 

 

"But I thought the Empress' Father was a good person?" 

 

From what I've read thus far, he is so I don't understand why such killing occured. 

 

"Being good doesn't mean it can't spark evil." 

 

One-sided supporters. Almost a fanatic behavior. A toxic one. Ahhh I get it. I've seen it a lot in kpop groups and politics alike. 

 

"Or at least that's what they're trying to show on public." She added. 

 

Myrll has my ears now. I don't know or feel anything in particular towards this Evan guy aside from sympathy but his story might be relevant in completing Count Eury's origin.

 

"What are you trying to say?" 

 

But Myrll just shrugged, "I'm saying that it has its own gray areas and that if you really want to know the surface underneath then it's better for someone not from this Nation, look into it." 

 

"Terry." 

 

He's the only foreign bastard I can think of right now. Sighs. I really don't want to put him out there besides...this might not be important, right? 

 

"Well Evan, based on your letters is a really responsible student. He'd often scold you for sleeping in classes and for not listening so even I, got shocked at the news." 

 

The Lukardi and the Noble Society. Hmm was it the reason why Count Eury got so mad at them? Either way, one of the two sides is lying and it's clear where Count Eury is siding. 

 

"Do you have any other important information regarding his death?" I asked once more. 

 

Myrll thought deeply. Well, it's an almost 10 year old case. She was still a kid back then, I cant wait blame her if it's hard to understand.

 

"All I can remember is that Eury and Marquess Trinity were the ones called for the first wave of investigation." 

 

Count Eury and Marquess Trinity? But why? 

 

And as if Myrll was able to read my mind, she proceeds to answer it with honesty. 

 

"Count Eury was the first one to discover his body while Marquess Trinity was the last person he's been with." 

 

Okay now I'm intrigued. If he's someone connected to the Marquess then that would mean this is starting to go on circles.

 

I remembered that passage from one of the High Priestess' books.

 

Everything is connected to everything. 

 

"What was Marquess Trinity's response?" 

 

"She was a minor at that time and had the right to put up a statement through their Family Meister instead." 

 

Family Meister...A family lawyer? But why would she need one? 

 

"Then what did Count Eury do?" 

 

"She also requested for someone to speak on her behalf but it was understandable because the two of them were close and the Marquess was just an acquaintance so they find it odd but it was immediately dismissed because the meeting was actually a group discussion for an Academy task and it just so happens that Marquess Trinity was the last one to leave along with him."

 

Sketchy but knowing Trinity, she would openly tell me what happened back there. I just needed to ask. 

 

"Why? Do you think Evan's case is relevant with all of these?" 

 

I shook my head. Not really. I can't make a definite conclusion yet. 

 

"No but I think it has something to do with why Count Eury became that way. Noble Society turned their backs against the Lukardis thus the anger for them and Marquess Trinity was the last one seen with him—don't you think it's the reason why Count Eury is so angry at her aside from getting engaged to her previous fiancee?" 

 

It's a rough claim but it makes sense. It's starting to make sense now. It might even lead to the reason why and who sealed Count Eury's mana. 

 

"I see. Yes, indeed it makes sense." Myrll said audible enough for the two of us. 

 

"But still, I never would've thought Eury would be that kind of a person. She just isn't." She softly added.

 

I understand where she's coming from.

 

"I trust Trinity right now so unless she tells it to me directly. I'm not believing a single thing against her." I proclaimed. 

 

Maybe the only thing I didn't tell Myrll was the fact that Marquess Trinity is a meta like me too. I didn't think I was in the right position to say that. 

 

"But I need you to silently re-open Evan's case for me. You were right, there is indeed a hole somewhere." 

 

Myrll nodded without further questions. 

 

Alright. Now what's left to do is to take action for my Plan incase Trinity refuses to move the Engagement Party. Until then, I'd have to come up with a good excuse for her to do so. 

 

"I need to talk with Brother Kyle. Do I still need to schedule meeting with him?" 

 

I stood up from the mattress after throwing that question. Time is gold and soon, we'll be returning to Selsi to finish my remaining work. The Engagement Party is in a week and I should be free from responsibilities by then for it is a time where I need to focus on Zest and not to talk about nobility—business related things. It was actually an advantage that no one wants to talk to Count Eury in parties aside from the ones I've made peace with. In this way, my attention will all be on Princess Arizona. 

 

"Formally yes but I doubt Grand Duke Dmitri would mind if you wanted to engage in a conversation with him. If not, he'd be ecstatic that he called you instead of Grand Duke Axel and Grand Duke Théo." 

 

Huh. Like father like sons. 

 

They really adore her huh? 

 

I wish I had a family like that. 

 

Count Eury, just what the hell are you thinking when you made that stupid move? I like the Princess too and only because I can't help it since she looks just like my girlfriend but trading a family relationship like this for a romantic one? Just...why.

 

"ry..Da—Dahyun?" 

 

I snapped back to reality when Myrll called my by my real name. 

 

"Oh uhh yes. Are we done with the measurements? I have to give Terry the Evan Case and there's also something I'd like to discuss with my brother." 

 

Brother Kyle is in charge of the Family Business and the heir of Count Eury's father's position which is the Archduke and if everything goes well with our talk, my Plan B would definitely scream, 'checkmate!' 

 

"We are. I just need to pick up the materials you wanted to blend and we're good. I also need to see Count Sullivan since you wanted to give her a matching of yours." Myrll said and her teasing tone did not come unnoticed.

 

"What? It's cute!" 

 

I mean it really is cute! It's the least I could do for giving her the trouble of being my date. Count Eury's reputation is still kind of eh and she's basically this Nation's sweetheart so seeing her with me could taint her image. Not only that but she had responsibilities she needed to drop just so she could accompany me. 

 

"Mhmm. Okay, Eury." 

 

I pouted when she said that. 

 

"Where's Maeve anyway? I miss her already." 

 

I'm not saying this just to divert the topic (well kind of) but I really do miss her. I've been carrying her ever since she came here and now my arms felt empty. 

 

Myrll threw me a subtle smirl before picking up a bunch of papers from her desk, "She's playing with Grand Duke Max." 

 

Max? Oh Killian. I don't know why but the thought of them cutely playing together made me smile. I just hope Killian's tsundere side won't piss Maeve off, she's kind of smart when it comes to rebuttals so err yeah I hope they do well. 

 

"That's great. Please do remind me to bring Maeve here from time to time for a playdate and put also a note to ask Rouge if he wanted to come along. I believe they're the same age as Killian. It'd be nice for Maeve to have dependent brother figures growing up." 

 

This is coming from me who had just experience how Count Eury's brothers treat her. Maeve deserved to be treated that way too. 

 

"Understood. But if I may add, it would also be beneficial for Maeve to associate with kids her age. After all, she's still five and there might already be a rift of how a 12 year old and 5 year old play." 

 

Oh right. Maeve was such a brilliant child that I forgot she's still five. 

 

"You're right. Assign this task to Blanche. I'm sure she knows which noble family has kids around her age." 

 

Since Blanche is studying business under one of Head Master Naomi's graduates, she's probably past the stage of where she gets to know each and every Noble in this nation. Which makes her fitting for this task. 

 

I grabbed my coat from the rack and shawled it around me before walking towards the door. My fitting is done and thanks to Myrll's honest mouth, I was able to knock off the jitters that were crawling up to me. Seriously, I couldn't be grateful. 

 

I needn't to ask Myrll for my brothers' whereabouts. I already have a hunch where they are and that is due to the loud voices from outside, blaring through the window. 

 

"Terry I need you to look—Oh Licht?" 

 

Thinking that Terry was the one guarding the entrance, I was surprised to see Licht's disgruntled face, sighing on the floor. Of course his expression quickly changed when he noticed our presence but he couldn't completely get rid of the irritation sitting on his face. 

 

"Greetings Count Eury, Master and to thy Right Handmaiden, Count Myrll." 

 

I nodded is acknowledgement when Licht greeted us. 

 

"What are you doing here Licht? Where's Terry?" 

 

It was rare to not to see Terry in my perimeters. Terry is a bit overprotective and would be livid if Myrll takes up too much ofy time. Something about competing for the Best Hand but that isn't the problem now. 

 

"I really apologize Master. I asked Sir Terrence if we could exchange posts for a moment. At least until the Atlas Knights leave for their tasks." Licht honestly explained. 

 

Myrll and I looked at each other. 

 

Okay? Maybe Licht is just uncomfortable with Knights in general but..

 

"How did you managed to convince that buffoon to exchange posts? From my understanding, he has a mind that of a rock." 

 

I almost snorted at Myrll's comment. 

 

But she was right, just how did Licht convinced Terry to trade positions?

 

"I promised to draw him a portrait with the Master. He said he's going to decorate it in his room." 

 

Now I wanted to facepalm myself so bad. I mean I should've known! Ugh. Terry will always be Terry. 

 

Myrll let out a chuckle of amusement, "Oh dear, how would he feel if I told him I already have like a hundred of portraits with the Count." 

 

"Myrll stop picking up on him." 

 

The two never misses a chance to bicker whenever they can and they think they can be so subtle about it when they literally would throw bricks at each other just so one can prove their point. I guess they also have their fair share of chaotic genes. 

 

Myrll didn't reply and raised both of her arms with a smile etched unto her face instead. 

 

Then I turned to Light but before I can even ask the reason of why he was adamant in exchanging posts, a nasal-ly tone voice beat me into it. 

 

"Oh! Mr. tall and handsome! I didn't expect to see you here. I thought you're in the Carriage Grounds?" 

 

And as if it answered my question, Licht automatically rolled his eyes in default. 

 

With a deep (obvious) sigh, Licht bowed slightly at him, "Greetings to the Honorable Atlas Knights' Vice Captain, Ross." 

 

Brother Kio's Vice Captain? 

 

I looked at the Vice Captain and saw how his line of sight is only directed at Licht.

 

Hoh?

 

"Such formality for someone who stole my first ki—"

 

"Vice Captain Ross!" 

 

After unintentionally blowing up, Licht then suddenly became a stuttering mess with of course the red tint of anger (or something else) painted on his cheeks. 

 

"I—I told you it was a mistake and you, you were the one who went inside the wrong r--room and I-I just have a bad habit of s-sleeping!" 

 

The Vice Captain has two knights trailing behind him and it was evident in their faces that their Vice Captain was already this dumb of a person that they weren't that surprised anymore. 

 

And yet instead of getting shy about it, the Vice Captain just smirked but before he can even say something else, I beat him into it. 

 

"You went into someone's room unauthorized?" 

 

My tone wasn't even that intimidating. I simply just asked him a question but when he heard my voice and his eyes landed on me, it felt like his soul left his body for a moment at how pale he is. 

 

"A-Archduchess Eury!" 

 

He stumbled backwards and fell into his companions' arms, constantly tapping it for support. 

 

"Vice Captain Ross! Hold yourself together!" 

 

I may of have made the situation worse when I subconsciously raised my eyebrow out of confusion. 

 

"I-I thought the Captain was just bluffing when he told us you're back! I—" 

 

My eyes widened when they suddenly knelt on the ground.

 

"I apologize! This won't happen again!" 

 

That's what he was yelling while running away with the other two. 

 

"Why was he scared? Did I hurt him before too?" I asked not to anyone specifically.

 

"Well not really but Fennec loves challenging you to a duel from time to time and out of a thousand three hundred and six battles—he never won even once." 

 

Oof. Gosh no wonder he's so scared to the bones. The old Count Eury did quite a number on him. 

 

"Hallelujah! You are the best, Master! I vow to serve you even in the afterlife." 

 

Licht also knelt out of joy as he wiped the invisible tears on his eyes. He must've really hated that guy huh. Well it's nice to see a side of Licht getting all cute and flustered like this. 

 

"But did you really stole his first kiss though?" 

 

I'm pushing buttons here but let me just a bit too. Licht is a really hardworking guy, acting as both our Coachman, Architect, Engineer, Sculptor and Painter so seeing his life getting sprinkled with spice is really amusing. 

 

"I—I didn't know it was his first kiss!" 

 

"So you did steal it." 

 

"Count Myrll! I—It was a misunderstanding, I swear!" 

 

I can't stop my smile from widening as Myrll continued to tease Licht until we reached the back portion of Count Eury's homeland. Yes homeland—cause look at how massive it is! The front yard was already a work of art but after seeing the back yard, I couldn't even compare them anymore. 

 

It gives off a very accommodating feel, one where I can get comfortable with after a long day of work. The garden at the far east side is peeking out with beautiful tulips and sunflowers grouped together. Not only did they took good care of its grass but they also made sure the pathways won't ruin its layout plus they made it possible to incorporate magic around it, making it add a sweet detail on its exteriors with floating lights and arches that were all made out of glowing stones. 

 

The cherry on top? Was the simple yet elegant and modernized designed pavilion that has an overlooking view of its land—The North. I might of have forgot to comment on it before (mainly because of how nervous I am upon arriving) but Count Eury's home—The Von Strauss Archduchy is in a same set-up with the Imperial Castle where it is placed on a hill, allowing a full-on supervision on the town it is holding. 

 

My brothers were at the far end where the grass covered the area and it looks like they're having a duel with wooden swords. Yes, wood. I may not have the best eyesight but I am sure because I am quite impressed to hear the clashing sounds they make from here. 

 

I started to walk towards them when Myrll called out. 

 

"This is as far as we can go." She stated and even placed a hand in front of Licht to stop him from following. 

 

And there I just noticed how all of my brothers and their friends' handmen were lined up to the side where Myrll and Licht are standing. 

 

"Why? I'm su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter