Eury's Origin II

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up this morning, still in that common room where Killian confronted me with his feelings. The last thing I can remember was him crying his heart out while I just took every painful words he meaninglessly threw, I knew better than to take those seriously. We fell asleep with him clutching unto my arm as if he's afraid he'd lose sight of me again. I understand how he feels with that. He was right earlier, Count Eury didn't bid him goodbye and just disappeared for almost 10 years and coming back like this should not guarantee her (or me in this case) a happy, welcome back response. 

 

I got lucky with Count Eury's brothers and father but it's understandable for Killian to feel this way especially if, what Count Eury's father said is true and that Killian was dependent on her—Count Eury, an obvious substitute for the closest warmth of a mother. 

 

I was worried the others might be looking for us, that's why I carefully untangled his grip and was about to leave the room to find Terry or Myrll but I stopped when I heard voices that belonged to Count Eury's three brothers, I looked through the peephole and saw that they were camped outside the room, along the corridor where Killian ran through to get here. 

 

The three were playing a card game and I find it odd not being able to hear Brother Kio's voice, turns out they taped his mouth while Brother Kyle is sitting really close to him. 

 

What tugged my heart was the way they were seated on the floor as if they're not the highest class nobles out there with such expensive clothings, communicating in a hushed way just so they couldn't disturb us. 

 

"I won losers, pay up!" 

 

It was Brother Kei

 

"Mhmngggh? Mngngmgh mmhh, mmhhghg?" 

 

How the hell would they—

 

"He said he saw you cheating with Mana." 

 

What?! And here I thought Brother Kyle is normal? How did he understood him?

 

"Tsk, I forgot such tricks won't work on you." 

 

As Brother Kei was about to fish something from his pocket, only then he saw my presence through the peephole of this door. 

 

"Good Morning Khaeli! I assume you had a good nap? You slept too early!" His whining complaint was already enough to get my mind on set. 

 

Remembering to put on a wall as to not get suspected for being an impostor. It seemed like they knew her so well and any slight changes of her would arouse suspicion, I wouldn't want to have their backs me after seeing their personalities. I couldn't just bare seeing their disappointed faces knowing that their little sister's soul is nowhere to find. 

 

"Good Morning Brothers. I'm sorry for causing trouble, I didn't mean for Killian to get hurt like this." 

 

As I said that, I took a step back and turned slightly for them to see Killian peacefully sleeping on the mattress. 

 

I then heard Brother Kyle sighed, "It's a good thing he was able to release his frustrations. Even when you left, father would always send Earl Klein to check on your activities and share it with us but Killian's the only one who refused to listen to anything that involves you." 

 

I nodded at that, accepting the fact that Killian is something I should consider more from here on out.

 

"Mmghgh-agh. That hurt you bastard." Brother Kio crumpled the tape and glared at Brother Kei before turning to me with a flipped expression. 

 

"You really shouldn't worry about him Khaeli, Kill will come around." 

 

It was my turn to look at Killian's sleeping figure. 

 

"I sure do hope so." 

 

~~

 

"A daughter?! But, but you aren't 30 yet! You told me you'd only agree to a Mana Union when you reach 30!" 

 

"Hey, hey, you weren't listening at all Kill. I told you, Khaeli's just adopting her." 

 

"Pfft he's just jealous cause he's not going to be the youngest to pamper anymore." 

 

"Yeah, grow up Kill, you're already 12." 

 

I was 'trying' to have a peaceful breakfast along with Count Eury's family. It looks like a grand banquet has been held with the amount of food served and I was worried these would just go to waste but then I remembered Myrll saying how Brother Kio has a large storage for eating. 

 

Currently we are seated in a long table where father is positioned at the center with me in his right and Killian is in his left. Next to me is Maeve and next to Maeve is Brother Kio who won the rock-paper-scissors game earlier while Brother Kyle and Kei sat next to Killian. 

 

Terry and Myrll stood behind us while each of my brothers' right hand man/maiden stood behind them. 

 

Killian has a right hand maiden, a skilled young Viscountess that Killian frequently calls. She was hired to serve Killian whenever he needs something done, Brother Kei usually does it for him but even Brother Kei has his own fair share of problems to handle. 

 

Brother Kyle has a scholar with him that also serves as his personal aid, a commoner from the South who tried to mug him once. 

 

Brother Kio has two: A Vice Captain and a Right Hand Man. His Vice Captain was busy filling up for his scheduled activities while his Right Hand Man is a Baron who earned his title through his own hardwork and perseverance, a man nearing his 40s with no family. 

 

Brother Kei's the only one who doesn't like to have handmen and his reason was....yeah

 

"Of course not! People should focus on my good looks instead!" 

 

"Killian my child, it is time to accept that your sister is in the right age of starting a family, regardless of how she want it to be. What am I always telling you? Your future does not depend on a partner. Whether you decide to have one or not is entirely up to you, as long as you do your duties right." 

 

Count Eury's father calmly stated before turning to me and flashed me a cute smile, "Is that right, Kalixta?" 

 

How could I not agree when he's looking at me expectedly with such an incredible eye-smile. 

 

"Father! Please don't flash your disgusting face while Khaeli is eating! She might lose her appetite!" 

 

I almost choked on my food when Brother Kio straightforwardly said that. I immediately turned to Count Eury's father and reassure him that it's fine but he was already frowning. 

 

"Dad it's—"

 

"Was it really that bad? Kalixta would often tell me I'm the cutest father in the whole universe and I held on to that title, I will bring it to my grave!" 

 

I wanted to facepalm my self right now. Things are still overwhelming and I'm still adjusting to this kind of, light and colorful environment. Grabbing the wine glass, I sipped a bit of water to calm me down before turning to Count Eury's father. 

 

"Father, please consider where Killian is coming from. This is a sudden decision, made without your consultation so it's just fair for him to feel that way." 

 

I looked at Killian and saw him relax. I flashed him a smile but he just looked away, still slicing his meat with a bit of force while his brows meet at its center. 

 

He's still sulking. 

 

"Mhmm, Khaeli's right, Father. I guess this is a natural reaction. Khaeli might've reacted the same way if we told her Brother Kei is already engaged." 

 

This time it really got me choking. 

 

"Master/Khaeli!" 

 

Before these two can even go near me, I raised my hand to stop them as I pulled the wine glass again. I released an exhale before turning to Brother Kei who got confused. 

 

"Brother, I thought—" 

 

I bit my lip as a familiar strike of pain passed through my.head and fortunately I was able to mask it by scratching my temple. 

 

"See what I mean Father?" Brother Kyle calmly pointed out. 

 

Count Eury's Father nodded while looking at me then to Killian. 

 

"Were you also surprised when Keizar got engaged?" He asked, specifically to Killian. 

 

"Not really. Brother Kei's already 30, it's really a time for him to consider such things. Sister Khaeli on the other hand...." He wasn't able to finish his sentence and instead ended it with a pout while still taking out his cute frustration towards the steak. 

 

"Khaeli might mistook it! It's really nothing like that. You know Grand Duchess Assyla, she's a spontaneous person and so am I but we both didn't want to get married to other people that's why we made a mutual agreeement for that." He explained and that caught me off guard. 

 

"So you two just wanted to get married on paper? But Father is not forcing you to and do you even love her?" I can't help but ask. This thing is quite new to me and I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

 

"Father doesn't care but the Noble Society does. They will pressure you into marriage sooner or later and many will find ways to get married to a Von Strauss. Who knows in what extent will they go? Plus I don't need to love her for this marriage to work, as I've said, we both wanted this and it's enough to have a signed document to block off incoming invitations for such bizarre things." 

 

In the end, society will always be society. 

 

"Brother Kei's saying that as if the proposal went smoothly." I heard Brother Kio muttered. 

 

"It did not go well?" 

 

I saw how deep Brother Kei sighed, "Her twin sister doesn't want her to get married so things might of have been delayed a bit." 

 

Maeve was having a hard time getting the corn to his spoon so I helped her first and wiped the dirt on her face before turning my attention back to Brother Kei. 

 

"That's absurd. Does her sister not like you?" 

 

Brother Kei released a chuckle before he diverted his gaze to Count Eury's father who seeed to have clicked with him the moment their gazes met. 

 

"Ahh, Archduke Ventis' twins. I believe the reason why she doesn't want her sister to get married was because of the fact that Kalixta is your sister." 

 

I literally stopped eating when he said that. Did I heard it right? Archduke Ventis? And what is this? Twins?! 

 

"Grand Duchess Eloisa has a twin sister?" 

 

That Grand Duchess from the East? That really attractive one? The one who stole my first kiss here in this universe? I didn't know she had a twin sister! 

 

"Mhmm. Grand Duchess Eloisa was in line for the title while Grand Duchess Assyla wanted to build a house on her own for travel pruposes. As what Brother Kei said, she's a spontaneous person."

 

Wow. I'm learning this now? 

 

"That's great! But why won't Grand Duchess Eloisa agree to it? She's a bit intimidating but she's really kind." 

 

Brother Kio chuckled before Brother Kei rebutted almost immediately with, "And you're dense." 

 

My brows creased as I pointed at myself, "Me? How is it my fault?" 

 

"If Brother Kei would marry her sister, that would put the two of you in an awkward position as sister-in-laws." Brother Kyle explained but it only confused me more. 

 

"Huh? Why would it be awkward?" 

 

I really don't get it. What's the big deal of being in laws? Wouldn't that be, I don't know—cool? Grand Duchess Eloisa cleared that she didn't have any grudge against me during the evil Eury phase so aside from that I don't know why it would be awkward. 

 

"As I've said, dense." Was all what Brother Kei said after he pointed is fork at me, laughing. 

 

"My child, it seems that you have caught the Grand Duchess' interest during your stay." Count Eury's Father commented. 

 

It took me a whole minute to get what he was trying to say and maybe I was too focused on the things that I needed to get done to ensure my survival and also a bit stranded with what I feel towards the Princess and the Empress that I never fathom such interests would arise from others. 

 

Maybe I was beet red that's why Maeve is looking at me with a funny expression while Brother Kei and Kio didn't even bothered hiding their laughs. 

 

"That's." I cleared my voice before regaining my composure, "I'll talk to Grand Duchess Eloisa about it." 

 

Brother Kei smirked at me and raised his glass, "Good Luck with that, my dear sister." 

 

I wasn't able to retaliate when I saw Maeve's plate, empty. 

 

"Maeve, do you want another round or dessert?" 

 

I saw how her eyes sparkled when I mentioned dessert and the answer was now too obvious:

 

"Dessert!" She excitedly said. 

 

Instead of letting the maids serve her, I personally transferred the dessert to her plate. A reflex of mine whenever Mina and I goes out to have dinner. She told me it was one of my love languages and I just didn't realize it. Well maybe now I can see it. 

 

"Tell me if you want more, okay?" 

 

I smiled when I saw her face beamed. 

 

I was about to continue eating when Killian's serving maid came into view. 

 

"Master Killian, your milk is ready."

 

Killian crossed his arms, sighing before pushing the beverage back to the serving maid. 

 

"I'll skip it this time." 

 

He must still be upset over my sudden adoption. Killian and I never talked again after that confrontation in the room but he didn't budge when I hugged him earlier so I guess that was an improvement and now I made him sad again. 

 

His serving maid was about to exit the Dining Hall when I stood up and called for her attention. 

 

"I'll take care of this. Thank you." I gave her a smile before grabbing Killian's milk. 

 

I went to his side and saw the surprise in his face (which he tried to hide by acting tough). 

 

"K-Khaeli why are you—"

 

I placed the glass in front of him, "Hey did you know that a glass of milk can actually give you strength a mana can't?" I asked, cutting him off. 

 

He stopped for a moment to think before diverting his gaze elsewhere, "I know. You've told me that."

 

Fortunately I was able to hold my tongue when I thought: 'What?' then I remembered that I'm only borrowing this body and any muscle memories triggered by something isn't entirely mine to claim. Count Eury's soul might not be here anymore but her body sure do remember some things by heart. 

 

I was able to save my face by smiling at him once more before giving him a pat on his head. 

 

"He's acting like that but he's still living with all of your reminders. I bet he's the only noble out there still eager to drink his milk. Others his age would still be too embarrassed." Brother Kyle laid out with a subtle smirk directed towards Kill. 

 

Everyone turned to him and saw how his cheeks turned pink as he tried to (once again) mask it with toughness.

 

"T-That's untrue! Prince Azur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter