Engagement Party - Introduction

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CAST


Count Eury of Selsi - Kim Dahyun

Head Master Naomi Gonsalves - Im Nayeon

Lord Jade Drakos - Yoo Jeongyeon

Count Freyseia Sullivan - Hirai Momo

Empress Savina Leigh de Zestria - Minatozaki Sana

High Priestess Chantal Eustrige - Park Jihyo

Princess Arizona Forestiere - Myoui Mina

Commander Itzayana 'Itzel' Xerrion - Son Chaeyoung

Marquess Trinity Gureistone - Chou Tzuyu

Grand Duchess Eloisa Ventis - Bae Joohyun

 

SIDE: 

Count Myrll Rioca - Kim Minju

Sir Terrence 'Terry' Lockwood - Kang Taehyun

Sir Clyde Holt - Choi Beomgyu

Sir Licht Palven - Choi Soobin

Blanche Jouvez - Hwang Yeji

Noir Jouvez - Hwang Hyunjin

Rouge Jouvez - Nishimura Riki

Prince Azure Forestiere - Park Sunghoon

Madame Hailee 'Hayle' Saavedra - Lee Jieun

Earl Russel Quinton (refer to Chapt 2) - Han Jisung

Vice Captain Fennec Ross - Choi Yeonjun

 

The day everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived. 

 

Streets are empty, shops are closed and towns are rendered peaceful as the start of Princess Arizona and Marquess Trinity's Engagement Party is being broadcasted through a magical orb that can virtualize the event in real time. 

 

The Palace was ignited in magical spheres at every corner of its structure, fancy carriages starts to arrive one by one and soon all of this Kingdom's noble houses are going to fill the Palace Hall. 

 

As much as the entrance part of the Palace is busy right now, it's nothing compared to the Princess' suite where her stylist, Madame Louis is putting up final touches on her glittery nightgown, Royale Dress. 

 

"Arizona darling! You looked so tense! Loosen up a bit will ya deary? This is your happiest night and the best thing to wear for that, is your smile." 

 

As the highlight of the night, Princess Arizona's dress was made to make sure the spotlight stays on her and that was an easy thing to do because not only did the nightgown fit perfectly up to her waist but it's also soft and light as it gets more open towards her ankle. 

 

One can easily get their breath taken just by looking at her. 

 

"I know, it's just, I can't seem to wrap my head around this. We've been planning this for so long and it kept on getting held back. I'm worried something might go wrong."

 

Madame Louis proudly looked at her with an adoring smile plastered on her face, "You shouldn't worry about anything deary! I doubt the Marquess would let anyone ruin your big evening." 

 

Princess Arizona was instantly reassured with that. Marquess Trinity has always been the person to make sure she's well pampered and protected at the same time and it's one of the many things she love about her.

 

"You're right. She is, afterall, an amazing person." The Princess said as she let out a small smile to herself.

 

"It's way better than getting married to your first betrothed deary, that Count's rotten to the core!" Madame Louis stated before her resonating laugh dominated the room. 

 

Princess Arizona wished they would stop comparing the two. It's not like Madame Louis is not up to date with things. Given how her age is the suitable one to best start having discussions over a hot cup of tea, basking under the sun in an isolated garden—or what Kim Dahyun's world modernly refer to as gossip—it is close to impossible that the elderly failed to catch up about Count Eury's lost of interest in becoming the "villain" to their story. She's merely selective with the information she chose to believe and uphold, thus the instilled hate over the Count. 

 

But then a part of her couldn't really blame Madame Louis, mainly because she was there in moments where the Princess had to apply special powders on her face just to cover bruises that she got from constantly arguing with Count Eury behind the scenes. Madame Louis' just that loyal to the Royal Family. 

 

And so with a smile that tried to cover up the subtle sigh, the Princess once again spoke. 

 

"Count Eury is trying her best to change and even gave her full support in this Engagement Party. I hope there would be no hostility shown towards her, yes?" 

 

Madame Louis pulled out the remaining clip from the Princess' torso and let the dress flow as it is before turning to her with such sincerity. 

 

"Deary, always remember that some might be great at being friends but that doesn't mean they can be the perfect lovers." Madame Louis cupped her cheeks before her hands landed on the Princess' bare shoulders, 

 

"We just want the best for you."

 

and that best was supposedly brought in the form of Marquess Trinity Gureistone of the East. 

 

Princess Arizona knew that.

 

That's why she said 'yes' in the first place.

 

"Greetings Your Royal Highness! The Second Princess and the King is here to see you." One of her Guard Knights informed, followed by three knocks before her handmaiden opened the door for them. 

 

"Arizona, you look so...." 

 

Princess Arizona's gummy smile floated when she saw how the King stopped in his tracks and look at her with such pride and joy. 

 

"Father, you needn't be emotional." 

 

Madame Louis and the Handmaiden excused themselves after greeting the newly arrived royalties, leaving them with only the Knights to carefully watch over the premises. 

 

"Sister, if only you've seen how Councilor Willow kept on cheering him up while we were on our way here and hear this, it's not even the Wedding yet!" Her sister, the Second Princess, Megara Forestiere can't help but snitch on their Father. 

 

There are 3 known Palaces in Kingdom Eria—all of which are guarded by Lord Jade—We have The King's Palace where the King and the rest of the Royal blood in their family resides. The Crown's Palace is where the Crowned Princess/Prince move to 2 weeks after their coming of age Ceremony and then there's the Forest Palace, located deep in the woods and away from the townsfolk where their ancestral blood are residing after officially giving the throne to their offsprings. Currently, it's just Princess Arizona's Grand Mother, who's staying there. 

 

"Where's Azure?" The first Princess asked when she noticed that their youngest isn't here with them. 

 

"He's probably going to arrive late. That twerp spent too much time sulking when he didn't saw the confirmation letter from the Von Strauss Archduchy." 

 

Princess Arizona furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "The Von Strauss never engaged themselves with such gathering and events, it isn't a new notice so why was he saddened over it?" 

 

"Azure probably thought Grand Duke Maxim could make it considering how they just had a recent reunion with their rogue sibling who's going to attend the Party this evening." 

 

It all comes back to Count Eury again. But wait, what is this? Count Eury paid a visit to the Von Strauss Archduchy and reconciled with them? How come the Count failed to inform her about this during their trip downtown two days ago? Princess Arizona didn't like to admit it but she's a bit hurt for being spared of such an important happening in Count Eury's life. 

 

"It's inevitable. Ever since the Empress banned the practice of their family magic, it's gotten harder for them to navigate through an area not their territory." The King added but immediately shook his head after. 

 

"However you shouldn't worry about the Von Strauss', they already showed their support through a couple of sponsorship for this evening's special event."

 

The King's reassurance actually made her feel better. Due to the strain in their friendship, Princess Arizona was worried it might escalate into a Kingdom-wide problem considering how fond Count Eury's family is to their one and only girl. But even with that, she guess Archduke Von Strauss isn't that naive when it comes to disciplining his children.

 

Princess Arizona released all her worries through a shaky breath before nodding, "Thank you Father." She then turned to her sister and smiled sweetly before embracing her, "And thank you too I know this is out of your comfort zone but I really do appreciate your presence in here, Meg." 

 

"There are certain degrees of introvertness one can hold and if it's you or Azure or Father then I'm willing to be there whatever it takes. Besides, you've also been here in my stage, I just needed to find my own Marquess, that's all." The younger Princess said and returned the smile with equal admiration. 

 

"Your Royal Highnesses, sorry to intrude but Lord Trevan and Lady Keeshia of the Gureistone House has arrived." 

 

Now, it was really time for the party to commence. King Aristle gave Princess Arizona one, last, adoring smile before he pulled his first born in a quick, tight hug in which the younger Princess joined in shortly. 

 

Her Father and Sister knows she still have to do a double check on herself before meeting her in-laws that's why they both left to give her the moment she need. 

 

"This is it Ari." The Princess mumbled to herself before she carefully took her crown from its cushion. 

 

Once it sat proudly on her head, she was once again reminded of her duties as the first ever leading Queen in this Kingdom—a kingdom who isn't in need of Kings anymore. A kingdom that she and Trinity would soon lead and share. 

 

A future together with her. 

 

That thought brought bubbly, tingling feelings inside her and that alone was enough to bring back her confidence to face the crowd. 

 

HALL

 

"Viscountess Gretel of Denshore!" 

 

The Royal Announcer was busy introducing the Nobles one by one as they transfer to the Main Hall where the event will partake. Slowly, the place is b with all of Zestria's leaders and aristocrats. History, afterall, has its eyes on them—Princess Arizona and Marquess Trinity—for being the first Queens to lead their Kingdom and everyone is here to witness the start of that record. 

 

It was truly a marvelous start of the evening for everyone, they get to wear their fanciest clothes, show-off their charisma as they sashay through a red carpet walk, get a free chance of expanding their business through a series of small talks and most of all—only the Palaces can hold something as grand as this, beating the Imperial Castle who has never hosted such gatherings like this ever since the Empress' coronation day which was years and years ago. 

 

Several minutes has passed since the opening of the Main Hall and when it seemed like an audience of Nobles are already there, it was just time for the most prominent ones to start arriving. 

 

"Head Master Naomi Gonsalves with her date of the night, her betrothed and the Protector of all Palaces, Lord Jade Drakös." 

 

The Head Master, being the center of this Nation's education and molder of this generation's Nobles with Lord Jade, an ancient dragon, the only one of her kind and a pioneer of all things justice related—it was only fair to state how much respect the both received as they walk through the red carpet with class and a handful of greetings from left to right. 

 

"It's been so long since I've had that many eyes on me. It's actually making me excited." The Head Master giddily said as soon as they arrive in their designated table. 

 

Lord Jade scoffed before fixing her maroon dress with accentuated jade beads on it. 

 

"They're just looking at your stupid hat. You should really stop thinking like your age. I may be a hundred more years older than you but at least I adapt to whatever this era's trend is." 

 

The Head Master faked a gasp as she flicked the fan on her betrothed's face before turning around with a 'hmp' which is responded by a chortle from the other. 

 

"I can't believe you and to think this is the—"

 

"The first style you were wearing the first time we met. I know darling, I remember." 

 

Only the heavens knew how much the Head Master is trying so hard to hide her 'not-so' obvious smile as she leaned her body more to the other side just so she can avoid the Lord's gaze. 

 

"You should be grateful, I'm too impressed with the interior to even retaliate right now." 

 

The interior design is a craft made out of both the Princess and Marquess' personal taste, not too boisterous with its glam but also not too arid for people to just forget—it was the opposite of that. 

 

A new arrangement has been implemented, instead of the usual bland tables, magic was applied as floating circular planes filled the left and right wing of the room, red carpet on the middle, the throne pavement at the very front along with a mini elevated pedestal on the side which would later on consider as a stage for where the entertainment would take place and a buffet area in each wing.

 

"You're absolutely right. Frey did an amazing job on this one." 

 

"I heard she took notes with Eury's suggestions in it. They both are." 

 

"Come to think of it, is she here yet?" 

 

The two roamed their eyes trying to find a short, pale-skinned blonde in a sea of nobles but instead their eyes landed on the odd pair that stood at the entrance, stealing the spotlight for a brief moment. 

 

"2nd Division Commander, Itzayana Xerrion together with her date, the 2nd daughter of Baron Zonnes and representative of their Household, Lady Chloe Zonnes!" 

 

Lord Jade can't help but whistle. It's the first time they saw Itzel wear something proper, a farcry from her usual iron clad armor and heavy metal trousers. 

 

The short-haired Commander is wearing a long-sleeved top with braided chest linings, paired with an above-the-knee type of skirt and a pair of black military boots with high insoles. The real kicker was the Military Coat that showed off her authority and a waist holster where her sword is hanging from. Both are elements that made her look so cool—too cool especially since she tied her hair up in a ponytail. 

 

"Look at her! She even knows how to greet people no—Oh good lord, are those tears in your eyes?" 

 

The Headmaster immediately blinked rapidly and turned around to avoid her betrothed's gaze.

 

"Shut your insolent mouth! These are water bugs!" 

 

The Jade Dragon can't stop herself from laughing as she not-so-gently tapped the floating pavement for support.

 

"Y-You can't blame me! I practically raised that kid ever since Eliza died! I'm just so—blows—happy." 

 

Maybe the Head Master wasn't able to hide it anymore as she wipes her tears off using her handkerchief and blatantly blew on it. 

 

Since Lord Jade and Head Master Naomi's table is quite far from the entrance, it took a while before Itzel finally arrived to theirs after greeting literally every Noble on the way. 

 

"Greetings Aunt—" 

 

Fortunately, Lord Jade stopped the Head Master from wailing by putting a hand over . If Itzel were to say something, she wouldn't be surprised anymore at how dramatic her Aunt—the Head Master is acting right now. 

 

"Since when did you learn how to greet me the proper way?! Ari's officially getting engaged today and now you, you grew up too quickly!" 

 

Itzel scratched her head and decided to hug her Aunt instead where the Head Master poured all her emotion into. 

 

Lord Jade chuckled at the adorable sight, "Grow up literally first, cub." 

 

Itzel wasn't able to stay out of character for too long as she shot the Lord a deadly glare, "Are you implying something?!" 

 

Raising her hands up high as a sign of defeat, Lord Jade smiles and shifted her gaze to the Commander's date. 

 

"Why don't you introduce us to your date here? Trust me, we're dying to know how you manage to bring one." 

 

Chloe Zonnes—Itzel's date and the adventurer that Count Eury sent to Zest to spy on their behavior, finally arrived in the Kingdom 3 days ago and was willing to further help the Count prevent any possible attack for this evening's event. 

 

"Oh no, no, I could never a-ask a girl out t-that's bizarre and nerve wrecking!" 

 

Before Itzel can even embarrass herself further, Chloe immediately took the matter in her own hands as she introduced herself to them. 

 

"Chloe Zonnes, I'm with the Party that you hired to protect the town during the Alumni's Gathering. I'm terribly sorry for what happened that evening." 

 

It was a genuine apology from her side in behalf of her team, they did pay them to guard the entrance and yet they were outnumbered and overpowered, if it weren't for Count Eury who saved them that night, only the heavens would know what would happen to them and their bodies. 

 

Head Master Naomi shook her head and took her hand in hers, "Don't worry about it. No one expected it to happen. You did well. It's no one's fault but the intruders." 

 

Upon the mention of the attack where Count Eury was greatly injured, Itzel's blood can't help but rise. 

 

"I should've been there! As Eury's best mate, it was truly a disappointing move not to leave her Knights to use." Itzel stated with such passion over a clenched fist. 

 

"Hmm well come to think of it Sir Terrence did approach me that night and through him we were able to avoid further destruction and spare lives. You might say that but Eury actually knew it would happen." 

 

What Lord Jade said was mind-boggling that even Chloe, her recruited spy, suddenly questioned how the Count knew of such private Zest matters. 

 

No matter how much they think about it, only the person in subject can fully answer their queries.

 

Their attention was once again diverted when the sound of the trumpet hollered around the hall and that only means two things: either a Royal Blood has arrived or the High Priestess is here but considering that Princess Arizona wouldn't have to walk through the entrance, it can only suggest the for the latter. 

 

"The Cathedral's Paragon, Thy Holiness, High Priestess Chantal has arrived together with her Head Priest and Head Priestess." 

 

A couple of jaws were left hanging as the High Priestess descended the stairs, who wouldn't? When she's wearing something that matches her perfectly blue colored hair. A sky-blue gown with a slit from her shoulder up to her wrist and the Cathedral's gemstone glistening on her bare neck—she was truly a head turner. 

 

"So Chantal still didn't get a date for this event huh? I honestly thought she would get one this year." Lord Jade muttered as she flashed a smile at their friend who simply waved and nodded at them in acknowledgement before proceeding to her table near the Royal Family's area. 

 

They weren't offended at all, the three knew how things work out in the Noble world and Chantal just had to be up there with the Royal Family for bringing the Cathedral's name with her and as per formalities, she's not allowed to socialize before the party officially kicks off. 

 

"I thought she wouldn't go. When I went to the Castle to get my coat, the Priests had told me about the gloomy weather circulating in her chamber lately." Itzel stated with a shrug before she tip-toed and roamed her eyes for the buffet table. 

 

Chloe had already excused herself by then, even if she doesn't have a title to hold, she's still a daughter of a Noble and spent her entire life mingling with fellow Nobles and now that she's back to her own Kingdom, she took this opportunity to greet her friends and acquaintances.

 

"Oh that's weird. Is she perhaps waiting for someone?" Lord Jade pointed out which the Head Master immediately caught on. 

 

Smiling cheekily, Head Master Naomi turned to the High Priestess' direction and giggled, "I see it now, Chantal what a sneaky little Priestess." 

 

Not too long after, a close acquaintance took the spotlight once more with her dazzling bloody red dress and a beauty that every men in their Kingdom would be willing to die for. Head Master Naomi's eyebrow twitched when she noticed how her corset wasn't enough to hold down such a gifted front. 

 

"The representative of Bentis' Archduchy, Grand Duchess Eloisa along with her handmaiden, Lady Gianne Welsch!" 

 

Grand Duchess Eloisa walked through the red carpet with such poise, proving her title once more as the Top Bachelorette to Date in Z-Weekly Newspaper. With just a smile, she was able to fill the room with deep mumbling noises from men who shoved each other just to greet her on the way. 

 

"Oh to live in a world where men didn't exist." Head Master Naomi sighed as she took a sip of Kingdom Eria's finest wine served. 

 

"I thought Eloisa wouldn't be able to make it, I guess she finished her business trip sooner than I expected." Lord Jade said as she, too, took a sip of their wine. 

 

"I mean come to think of it, an offspring is already possible through Mana Union. I can conceive our child this evening it we wanted to so, really, what are men for, seriously?" 

 

Lord Jade abruptly spits out the remaining wine in as soon as the Head Master dropped the bomb on her. She wasn't prepared to hear that in such a formal setting. 

 

"Get your mind back to the grid! T-That was so sudden....but did you mean it though?" 

 

Lord Jade received a slap on the arm for that. 

 

A different type of trumpet suddenly blared, this time it was played by someone standing on the stage near the throne section, signalling for both the Marquess and the Princess' arrival. 

 

Behind the Curtains

 

"Are you sure I look fine Clyde? Do I need to have a second round of final touches? How about my garment? Does this gown look awful to you?" 

 

Clyde—Marquess Trinity's butler—examined his master once again and just couldn't find the things she was worried about. 

 

"Master, I believe you are worrying over noth—Oh but your corset has buttons." 

 

The way Clyde said it made Trinity slightly panicked, "Why? What's with buttons?" 

 

"Nothing Master, I personally just don't like them. Look, I even took out the ones from my suit." 

 

Trinity masked her annoyance with a little bit, forceful smile as she almost forgot how simple-minded her butler is. 

 

"I swear to the gods I'll—"

 

"Trin?" 

 

Marquess Trinity's heart stopped when the soft voice from her betrothed invaded her ears and it was so unfair how easy the Princess can make her feel weak when she's supposed to stay strong. She waited till Clyde is no longer in her sight before she turned around to face her fiancee. 

 

"Ari—"

 

And for the second time in the same hour, she was rendered speechless at how gorgeous her soon-to-be-wife is. The way those moles were engraved into the Princess' face was beyond perfect than of any constellation there is. 

 

"Wow." Marquess Trinity shakily breathed before her signature smile followed. 

 

"You might get lost." The Princess jokingly said, indicating that she might indeed get lost in her eyes with the way Marquess Trinity is looking at her.

 

When Trinity finally manage to get a hold of herself, she took the Princess' hand and swiftly closed their distance as she locked her lips on her, tilting slightly to the side for access. 

 

It was short and sweet but it has everything they both needed for this evening's party. All the jitters, the worries—drowned in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter