Reconciliation, Unplanned Trip

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Characters (so far):

Head Master Naomi Gonsalves - Im Nayeon

Lord Jade Drakos - Yoo Jeongyeon

Count Freyseia Sullivan - Hirai Momo

High Priestess Chantal Eustrige - Park Jihyo

Princess Arizona Forestiere - Myoui Mina

Count Eury of Selsi - Kim Dahyun

Count Myrll Rioca - Kim Minju

Sir Terrence Lockwood - Kang Taehyun

Reconciliation  DAHYUN's POV

I woke up in a heavenly-scented room with nostalgic looking beams on the ceiling. For a moment I thought I'm inside Mina's ancestral home back in Japan but no....

 

I slowly moved my head to left and saw a small pedestal with floating, glowing sphere on it and a transparent tube connected from its core and to my arm. Is this supposed to be their dextrose?

 

Whatever it is, it seems to be giving me strength as of the moment. 

 

I slowly sat up and held my head. It's not that painful anymore. I traced my face and saw no scars of my previous cuts. This world's doctors must've been so talented. Well they use mana after all. 

 

I only noticed someone was with me when their head moved from its position meeting my eyes. 

 

"Eury, you're awake." 

 

Now why is Trinity in here? 

 

Come to think of it, where am I? The last thing I remembered was when the Princess stoop down and chanted something before I completely passed out. 

 

"You're in the Head Master, Naomi's room. Jade carried you here while the emergency Doctors attended to you in the carriage before the Royal Doctors arrived in such short notice." She explained. 

 

"I see." 

 

So that's why my cuts are gone. I slightly pulled my shirt and saw nothing but my clean, unscathed abdomen. Somehow, I felt a faint pain from yesterday's event. It's not too much, just a little pinch to remind me how it was like getting stabbed twice. 

 

Yes, twice. 

 

The adrenaline that time made me remember things less but now, it plays in my head clearly. 

 

"Ari—The Princess tried to save you with her mana but as expected, your body still rejects her." 

 

That made my brow shot up. What does she mean by that? 

 

"As expected?" 

 

Trinity gave me a sad smile before clasping her hands and putting it on her lap, "As you know already, the Princess has a blood of that a Shaman, a powerful being that can heal any kinds of curse, diseases and injuries but if there's someone her mana can't work on, it's you." 

 

Oh now I remember, in the story, Trinity found out that the Princess is a half Shaman and that made the Princess ran away from her thinking Trinity would be disgusted by what's running in her blood. They were still kids back then and the idea of hybrids weren't that open at all, things are a little better now because we have the Head Master Naomi, a half Sylph and Lord Jade Drakös, a pure dragon as pioneers but before, it wasn't always like this. 

 

To sum it up, Trinity made the Princess felt reassured that she's not someone special and although that might've hurt others' feelings, that is exactly what the Princess wanted to hear at that time. 

 

Well I guess that's how the Head Master, Naomi, Lord Drakôs and the Princess became such close friends. They're all Hybrids. The only difference was that the Lord Drakös can change appearance despite her age, Head Master Naomi can age slowly while the Princess can live a little above the average. 

 

I was absorbed in my own thoughts that Trinity used it as a cue to continue.

 

"I don't think you can remember it because you were unconscious but we were in our first year in the Academia when you were attacked by a creature and accidentally made a hole in your Mana Cap. Something you worked so hard sealing. It leaked out and rejected the Princess' mana on you." 

 

Mana Cap? Isn't it a technique to seal your mana? It's like covering the tip of a ballpen or covering a water bottle. That, I didn't learn from the Manhwa but from the books Terry recommended in learning basic Mana lessons. I took it thinking that I should be able to learn a few tricks for self-defense but I don't think that's the case anymore. 

 

Sealing it would only mean one thing:

 

I have a huge mana?

 

"But how was I cured? I don't see any injuries or bandages everywhere. I'm pretty much sure they beat me up good." I a

can't help but ask. 

 

I can see how Trinity's gaze diverted and how she shifted on her seat. I don't know my basis but I think she's hesitant to tell me about it. 

 

"Tell me the truth. Don't worry, I won't be hostile to you anymore." I said and smiled. 

 

Trinity's head lifted up almost abruptly when I said that. She looked at me for a moment before her expression softened and she cried. 

 

What the—I can already feel myself panicking. Did I offend her? Uhmmm man I don't know what to do in this situation!

 

"Hey—"

 

"Chantal poked a few holes in your Mana Cap in exchange for hers." 

 

Jihyo?! The High Priestess???

 

"What?! Where is she? Why would she do that? t's dangerous!" 

 

I've read how the cap can't easily be broken by just normal manas, it needs a high concentrated level of it. Why would she waste her mana for a villain like me—Eury? I don't understand. 

 

"Please calm down. Yes, Chantal took quite a large blow but she was able to do it successfully. Usually, only the one who sealed it can reverse the cap that's why Chantal's mana fluctuated greatly but worry not, the Holy Knights and Head Priests came and took her to the temple to rest and replenish her mana." 

 

I bit my lip when I remembered just how selfless Jihyo is. She once saved me from getting scolded by taking my place in that situation and now, even now in Chantal Eustrige's body, she's still like that. 

 

I sighed, "Then how was she able to save me?" 

 

"By leaking your mana, just like before, you were able to regenerate and heal on your own. It's not the first time we saw this from your but it's the first time it's that strong." 

 

Am I hearing this right? She's kidding right? Wait this is a fantasy world of course she isn't joking! 

 

"So you mean to say I can heal myself that's why the Princess' healing abilities won't work on me?" I asked, trying to clarify.

 

"It's more of like a regenerative quirk but to sum it up yes, that's our tentative guess." 

 

I took a huge breath and slowly processed these information. I was confident running this body of hers—Eury—because I already know her general information and I also know what events would take place just because I've read the Manhwa. But I kept on forgetting the fact that it's Trinity's story. How about Eury's then? 

 

It became quite scary as time goes by. What would I do if I go past the ending in the story? Let's say I survived, yes but then what would happen next? 

 

"Are you...Do you mean it?" 

 

My reverie was broken when Trinity spoke again. 

 

"Mean what?" 

 

She wiped off her tears and looked at me with such hope, "You won't be hostile to me anymore?" 

 

Oh that's right I did say that. I mean well, it's not a hard thing to do since I don't really hold that grudge on her—only the true Eury did. I'd be forever haunted with guilt if I don't tell her the truth about this sudden change. Trinity is a smart individual, she'll figure these all out soon so it's better to say it directly plus it would be unfair to her if I keep on acting like this without her knowing that it's not actually her childhood best friend doing those things. 

 

I dropped my visage and shifted to a more serious one. 

 

"Listen carefully Trinity, I'll be saying this once." I started and that got her attention fully on me.

 

"I'm....not Eury." 

 

"P-Pardon?" 

 

"Ah tut tut tut. Please don't speak while I'm talking." 

 

She looked confused but nevertheless nodded. 

 

"I'm actually not Eury. Just like you, I've been reincarnated in this world and can remember my past life. Difference is, you knew nothing about this world and you started from the very beginning when you're just a baby. While I got reincarnated in the middle of YOUR story and I knew your story beforehand." I confessed. 

 

A mix of surprise and astonishment flashed through Trinity's face and at this point I don't know what to make of it. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. 

 

"You mean to say, that in your world, my story is known?" 

 

"Err yeah." 

 

She 'woah'-ed and laughed amusingly, "So does that means you know how I died in my past life?!" 

 

"Precisely. You kind of slipped on ice... it's actually the title of the Manhwa." 

 

Trinity stood up and placed her hand on her waist as she paced around the room laughing. One would think she's crazy, one minute she was crying for her childhood friend and then the next she's laughing. 

 

"This is.... it's amazing! I never would've thought it can be like that! I died in an early age and got reincarnated in this world as a baby with the consciousness of a 20 year old first year college student. I was anxious, I didn't know anything in this world but someone made me accustomed to its practices that's why I was able to catch up." 

 

I smiled, this time a weaker one, "I see. It's the Princess right?" 

 

It wasn't really covered in the Manhwa but it's just a guess. 

 

Trinity shook her head and went around to sit on the edge of the bed. 

 

"It's you. At least the Eury I once knew. Please don't hate her too much. She might be a villain in the story you've read but she's not always like that." Trinity explained. 

 

I did not expect Eury had that side? Now I'm curious as to what happened to her. I knew better than to pry. 

 

"The Goddess was right when she said I'll be fine and reassured me that someone will help me get used to this world." She added.

 

"Goddess? What Goddess?" 

 

"You didn't meet her? She's the reason why I ended up getting reincarnated with my memory in tact." 

 

I shifted on my seat and looked at her with such confusion, "No. I died and immediately woke up here. Specifically to that time when I....uhh Eury was supposed to hit you. When my senses returned, I realized I was collaring you." I explained and her eyes widened at that.

 

"So that's why!" 

 

I frowned, "But I didn't know anything about a Goddess." 

 

"The Goddess is in charged of sorting souls and strings. She's the one who told me that a string can only bind once and that will continue in eternity, surpassing different universes." 

 

I swear my head almost spun with that verse. She lost me at the word Goddess already. It seems that Trinity noticed my expression and released a small laugh before continuing.

 

"It means that whoever my significant other is in my previous life will also and always be my destined one wherever universe we might be."

 

My heart tightened at that information. It's unclear but I know where she's going with that and even though I know it'll hurt, I still asked. 

 

"How did you know it's Min—Princess Arizona?" 

 

Trinity paused for a moment before continuing, "I died in my previous life before meeting my significant other but Goddess said she's a Princess in this world." 

 

But that could be anyone, right?? 

 

"That's oddly....general?" I carefully asked.

 

Then she released that dreamy sigh I often see in the movies. Truthfully even before she can even say anything, I knew she's down so bad. 

 

I knew it's going to be her. 

 

"I knew it's going to be her." 

 

My eyes widened when the same thought crossed my mind. 

 

"Wait! You're not in love with her still aren't you?" Trinity suddenly asked. 

 

I shook my head as a response, accompanied by a smile. 

 

If what Trinity said is true, that would mean that the Mina in my universe....was temporary huh. Were we bound to be break up sooner or later? Well we did have a major argument before dying. If I didn't die, will we still be able to continue our relationship? 

 

"So I'm going to be your 'unnie' now huh?" I brought up, diverting the topic elsewhere because the thought of Mina not going to be my endgame...just hurts. 

 

Thinking about such heavy things would require a huge amount of energy but I don't have that much anymore that's why I decided to disregard it for now. 

 

"Unnie?" She questioned.

 

"Oh right! I almost forgot. Are you from Korea?" I asked. 

 

Although I doubt that, her beauty isn't really that of a korean. It's more sophisticated and if I were to give my opinion, I'd say she's definitely from this world. 

 

Trinity shook her head, "But I did get Korean lessons when I became a trainee for a shortwhile." 

 

My eyes widened at what she said, "A trainee?!" 

 

Well I shouldn't be that surprised considering how gorgeous she is! She could be scouted just by shopping with her friends at a mall or something. 

 

"Yeah. It was crazy but I decided not to do it. Although the Goddess told me another version of myself did debut in an idol group. Different universe I guess." She said. 

 

That's just... "Woah. I can definitely see you performing on stage!" I excitedly and accidentally hyped her up. 

 

She just laughed, "Since we both can relate to each other. Why don't we re-introduce ourselves? This time as someone from our previous life." 

 

"I'd like that." I said as I flashed her a smile. 

 

I reached out my hand to her, "Kim Dahyun from Korea." 

 

She returned the gesture and smiled, showing off her acute dimples. 

 

"Chou Tzuyu from Taiwan." 

 

Taiwan huh, they use mandarin as their primary language right?

 

"Wait! I think I know something!" 

 

I just hope I worded and pronounced this right. This is the only thing I know.

 

"Tzuyu-ah, wo ai ni!" 

 

Trinity's eyes widened before she broke into laughter, deepening her dimples even further. Wait was it wrong? Why is she laughinggggg.

 

"Was it off? I'm so—"

 

"I do too, Unnie." She finally said after partially recovering from her amusement. 

 

"I apologize, you said nothing wrong. It's just....really cute." 

 

I was able to release a sigh of relief and at the same time felt something warm creeping up inside me the moment she called me unnie. Maybe because I've always wished for a younger sister. 

 

I knew I'm worthy to be one given the fact that Mina always remind me how good I am at taking care of other people. At the thought of Mina, I slowly turned serious as I shifted on this bed and faced her. 

 

"Trinity, if you have any and even the slightest bit of clue as to how to return to our original world. Please tell me. Unlike you, I, I have someone whom I cherished and wished to be with for the rest of my life that's why I need to find ways to go back." 

 

Trinity listened and looking at her melancholy face, I almost lost hope. 

 

"I'm sorry. I also tried searching for answers, for prank cameras and even a secret passage but I haven't come to a conclusion. It's because the Goddess appeared before me when I turned 8 and gave me the choice of going back." She stated. 

 

The story of Trinity's life in the Manhwa properly started when she's around 13 years old. The rest were purely narratives and monologues of the highlights of her child life. A lot are not stated in the Manhwa that I didn't know would matter right now and those are mostly from when she was still a kid. 

 

"So why are you still here? Did it not work?" I asked.

 

She just smiled sadly and looked up, "In my previous life we weren't that wealthy. Just quite enough to support 6 children and so I often would have to share and be contented with whatever I have. Not only that but our family wasn't happy, one of the many reasons why I stopped being a trainee and now that I got reborn into a world where I'm an only child, prospered and pampered—I couldn't really ask for more." 

 

I see. I couldn't blame Trinity for thinking Iike that and I hold no discrimination for people who has a mentality like that, they're just being realistic and they made a choice that would make them happy. There's nothing wrong with that. Trinity didn't hurt anyone when she made that choice plus she died unintentionally. 

 

I reached out for her shoulder and squeezed it, "It's okay." 

 

"I'm really sorry I couldn't help but the Goddess did told me once that our previous life will forever be connected to us through a string and I've also read that there are many Mages here in this world that attempted to trace that string." 

 

What Trinity said gave me a little more hope than usual.

 

"Seriously? Wha—I mean I'd take anything I can get." 

 

I don't care how hard it is. I just need a chanceand I just need to hear that to keep on going. 

 

"You can start of by reading journals in the Cathedral. Chantal's in charge of it so you don't need to worry. Although uhh well your reputation is really not that good there." Trinity informed. 

 

Ughhh of course the status of Eury had to make things harder for me. 

 

"It's okay. I might work things out besides I also need to thank the High Priestess for saving me." I said. 

 

Oh wait I also need to ask Trinity who sealed my Mana. 

 

"By the way, I don't have Eury's memories. So do you happen to know who—"

 

"30 minutes is up!" 

 

I wasn't able to finish my question when the door flew open revealing the Head Master Naomi, Count Freyseia, Lord Jade and Princess Arizona. 

 

Jeongyeon-unnie!

 

"Aghhh." 

 

My head suddenly ached when I saw Lord Jade. That's right. Before I passed out, I was having mixed feelings at Lord Jade and Yoo Jeongyeon unnie's striking resemblance. 

 

"Eury!" 

 

It was Count Sullivan who carefully pushed me back to the bed. Well I was supposed to stand up and pay my respects for them but this stupid head just suddenly acted. 

 

"Please don't push yourself further." It was Lord Jade's voice this time. 

 

"Sit back and rest. Don't cause any more unnecessary trouble." 

 

The Head Master is right. I should take this time to rest. I was always on edge ever since I got here and I never got the time to relax my mind. 

 

"Where's Terry?!" 

 

Oh hell no please don't tell me he caused an uproar while I'm asleep.

 

"He caused an uproar while you're asleep." 

 

Fuuuuuuuuuu—

 

"Don't worry, Nami's specialty is putting people to sleep." Count Freyseia reassured me.

 

Despite sitting down, I bowed my head with my fingers passionately placed acrossed mt chest, "Please forgive my Left Hand Man's behavior! I shall take responsibility of it." 

 

I only lifted up my gaze the moment Princess Arizona gave me permission to.

 

"I permit." 

 

Somehow, that gave me a breath of relief despite having to think once more of what such punishment will come to me. It's not what matters right now, what's important is that Terry is safe and free from investigation. 

 

"Still, it's amazing how much loyalty he has on you." Lord Jade stated with a chuckle. 

 

"Quite strong too." Head Master Naomi briefly added. 

 

Lord Jade snapped her fingers, "That's true! I had a hard time calming him down. I don't want to hurt him so I'm using my human strength and even that isn't enough."

 

"Even Clyde can be a bit challenging to handle but that dedication I've seen on your Left Hand Man is really something else." Trinity said. 

 

At this point I don't know if I should be proud or if I should start thinking of ways to discipline him. Either way, thankfully I'm free of danger routes. 

 

My gaze accidentally landed on Princess Arizona who's looking at me intently. Is this what they call 'her gaze burns my soul'? because yes. 

 

"Tell us what happened Count Eury. I admit that I've been frantic and one-sided that's why I'll listen this time." She started. 

 

Although she's like this, her tone still hasn't changed. It's still the same reprimanding one. 

 

"Viscount Jeffrey Hester. I was talking with Count Freyseia when I saw him suspiciously sneaking out through the left wing exit. I followed him and saw him gave the Seal box to someone. I hid and heard them talk about documents that would be instantly approved with just the Head Master's seal. I figured it was a very damgerous barter and that's why I fled from the scene and was supposed to inform you but..."

 

I saw the Princess and the Marquess.

 

That broke a piece of my heart.

 

"..well things happened, I got distracted and got stabbed. They drugged me and took my pin . My consciousness was fading when Myrll arrived and suppressed the drug. Before those rebels walked away, I saw their leader wearing an earring. Not just any earring but Chloe's earring." I explained.

 

"So is that why you chose to leave instead of clearing up your name?" Princess Arizona asked. 

 

I just looked away. It's true though and even if she'd scold me for this. I would never regret running off that time. 

 

There was a moment of silence before Head Master Naomi and Lord Jade looked at each other and sighed. 

 

"I guess it's true then." 

 

Huh? I shifted my gaze to them with a confusing look plastered on my face. 

 

"Count Myrll passed by earlier and delivered Jeffrey who's securely tied. She said that the guy attempted to leave the Hall with such deliberation despite being a part of evacuees and left him here as a present for you before taking off." Head Master Naomi stated.

 

Myrll did? It would've been better if I saw her one last time but I'm beyond thankful of her instincts. She did warn me about thay Viscount the moment she saw him but I paid no such thing. I can't wait to hear her say, 'I told you so'

 

"Viscount Jeffrey Hester is arrested for being an accomplice of last week's attack and for attempting to steal the Head Master's seal which is a very grave offense." I was surprised at what Lord Jade said and can't help but furrow my eyebrows. 

 

I was asleep for a week? Did I hear that right?

 

"Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter