VI. The Law of Falling I

I Don't Want to Wake Up and Know a Love That is Not You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter woke up with a throbbing head. Sadly she don't remember most of what happened the previous night, whether she met up with Minju or not. She'll gonna have to check in and apologize later. Thankfully, she woke up in her room, still wearing the clothes from last night only with her leather jacket gently placed on her study table.

Winter came out of her room to ask Ningning how they got home when she was greeted with a still half-asleep Giselle opening the door. 

Did she spend the night here? Ningning you sneaky kid!

"She's still sleeping, made it clear last night not to wake her up. She said there are meds on one of the kitchen cabinets. How's your hangover?" Giselle asked while following Winter to the living room.

She tossed a tea bag into a mug and filled it with hot water, she did the same for Giselle. Setting their tea and hangover meds on the coffee table beside Giselle, she hugged her arms to her chest.

"I feel like there are thousands of buildings being demolished instead my head right now, so not good," Winter answered.

"Somi better hide herself when I get home. I'm sorry she forced you to drink, I know she can be pursuasive."

"Tell me more. Anyway, how did we get home?"

"You don't remember?" Giselle said, looking confused.

"No. I don't remember most of what happened last night. I don't think I even met Minju."

"Can't blame you, you had quite a lot of drinks. Thankfully my bestie came to the rescue and took care of you. She also carried you to your room because you've already passed out."

"I really don't know where Somi gets her energy," Winter said sipping her tea.

"No, not Somi. Somi was way more wasted than you are. She even got into a fight with Ning last night before passing out."

"I thought Somi was your bestfriend?"

"I said that?"Giselle asked looking lost. If Winter is going to be honest she wasn't sure if that's what Giselle said, the music was really loud last night.

"The bestfriend that I was telling you about, you know the one addicted to your webtoon and also the one that invited us to the party, her name is Karina. I didn't get to introduce her to you because she was really busy last night and by the time she was free, we cannot find you."

"Wait, did you just say Karina?"

"! That's going to wake Ning up. Let me get that first,"

Giselle was not able to answer her question because she heard her phone ring inside Ningning's room. When she got out she was in a conversation with someone on her phone which Giselle mouthed: It's my mom.

Seeing that Giselle will take a while before they can continue with their small talk, Winter decided to go back to her room. She went in on the shower and rest her head in the wall under the shower head. She can't believe that the person who she thought she ignored in the library and gave pink pringles to, took care of her drunk last night. The girl even took her makeup off.

Ugh! Brain I need you to think, I need to know what happened last night.

 

***

 

The room is spinning, not literally, but in Winter's defense she'd had too many drinks and her alcohol limit is almost nonexistent. Somi has gone to one of the tables playing beer pong and thankfully the girl didn't notice her absence. Winter decided to stay under one of the makeshift poles adjacent to the small pool, away from Somi.

The drinks made her warm and even though the air should be chilly, her leather jacket kept all the air out of her body making the pool really tempting to dive in. That is if only she's not the first person who's going to jump in. She switched her focus on the dancing bodies at the small dance floor swarming in front of the DJ. She wanted to join Ningning and Giselle on the photobooth but her alcohol-diluted brain can't remember where they set it up earlier. She looked at the dancing figures one by one hoping to see someone she knew only to see a half-drunk lazy-dancing Ryujin instead. She's dancing with... 

Is that Yeji? Is the girlfriend she's taking about is Ryujin? She did say we're in the same class. Who would have thought.

Not enjoying what she's seeing she moved her focus to the only person standing in the middle of the chaos, she looked like she's looking for someone. Winter kept staring then their eyes met. Winter can't make out what the girl looks like, thanks to the dim lighting they had installed. Winter felt her heart on when the girl started walking towards her. She tried to look away and pretend that she's not looking but it's a battle Winter cannot win, especially now that she can see that the girl is wearing an almost exact copy of her outfit only in white. She had to fight herself not to check the girl out which resorted to her gulping the remains of her cup.

"Hey, I think that's enough. You're Winter right? I'm Giselle's friend," the girl said, guiding her away from the crowd.

"Where are you talking me?" Winter asked. The girl didn't answer but instead wrapped her hands around Winter's waist, supporting her wobbly legs from falling downㅡfrom the alcohol or from the girl's sudden action, she's not sure. She stopped from walking and faced the girl. She's not t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter