VII. New Memories

I Don't Want to Wake Up and Know a Love That is Not You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter retreated to her room as soon as she saw Karina entered the living room. She heard Giselle thanking her bestfriend for bringing her clothes over. It seems like Ningning and Giselle will be having another overnight to finish their project.

So they aren't breakfast after all.

Winter grabbed the first piece of clothing she saw on top of her dresser and put it on. She blow-dried her hair and add a thin layer of makeup before she returned to the living room. Karina spared her a glance but resumed to using her phone, she seemed like she didn't heard anything from earlier or she's that good at playing pretend. 

"Hey, I'm just going to grab something for us to eat in the K-mart. I'll be back," she said.

"Why don't you take my car? I'm sure Rina here doesn't mind driving you, right?" Giselle said, looking at her bestfriend who's sitting in one of the recliner chairs.

If Giselle thinks Winter doesn't know what she's doing, well she's wrong. Giselle better ready her tastebuds when she comes back.

Karina didn't say anything but took Giselle's car keys from the table and walk ahead of Winter towards the door. Because it's broad daylight, Winter can respectfully appreciate all of Karina's glory. Karina's hair is long, wavy, and black while Jimin kept hers in deep red wine, and twisted in a low loose bun. She sure looks a lot like Jimin with the way she carry herself. Winter still can't believe that she finally met Jimin in this lifetime in the form of Karina. All the questions she have in mind, now drowning at the back of her head. She can ask them some other time, she just want to know this Jimin.

"Here. I figured you wouldn't notice the ones I left on your study table last night," Karina said, giving her a blister pack of aspirin when they entered the car.

"I already took one when I woke up, not the ones you're talking about though but thank you." she paused, "You didn't have to do this, you've already did so much for me last night. You even removed my makeup." Winter said, whispering the last part.

"It's okay. I hope you didn't mind me going through your bathroom. I figured you wouldn't want makeup on you pillows. I would've removed your hair extensions too if I had known."

"Yeah well they're Ning and Giselle's idea. I used to have long hair but I cut it after high school graduation not that you're interested to know."

I need to stop embarrasing myself in front of Jiㅡ Karina.

"You look good with both. Though I like short hair better," Karina said, turning to start Giselle's car. Winter didn't expect that to come out of the girl's mouth but thankfully she's too focused in starting the car to notice her burning red face. 

I suddenly miss the stubborn and quiet Jimin. Winter thought.

"Do you remember what you said last night?" Karina asked out of the blue. 

Is she referring to that time I called her Jimin? 

"Not all of it." Truth. "I didn't say anything embarassing, did I?" Lie. I definitely said something embarassing.

"Depends on what you think is embarassing but you asked me last night if I can hear the lights." The older said while trying to maintain a stoic face but obviously failing.

"No way, I didn't say that."

"Yes, you did. You even told me that blue light sounds different from the other lights and that if you have to pick a favorite, it's going to be blue."

Karina was not able to hold back her laughter when she saw Winter covering her face out of embarassment. Winter joined in too, her stomach aching from containing her laughter.

"Please stop. Pretend it didn't happened. I'll sell my soul just please don't tell anyone."

They laugh throughout the entirety of the ride. Winter thought that she would feel shy and awkward with the older but the girl knows how to carry a conversation. She didn't notice this last night too but Karina's eyes turns into crescents whenever she smile. Not that Winter is staring at the girl beside her, it's just hard not to notice when you're cramped inside a small car. 

 

***

 

Winter entered the small grocery store first while Karina parked the car. She plans on making her mom's recipe of bibimbap and hand-pulled noodles for brunch. Winter proceeds in placing the ingredients in her cart when she saw Karina in the snack aisle. The girl saw her approaching.

 "Are you getting the snacks that Giselle requested?" she asked.

Karina grabbed one of each snacks in display and put it in their cart while grabbing some packs of jellies and chocolates. She went to the other aisle and came back with too many cans of pink pringles.

"How did you know that I liked pink pringles?" Karina asked Winter who is arranging the snacks in their cart.

"Huh?"

"I forgot to ask you last night. The library assistant gave it to me and I read your note."

"You got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter