I married my fan

I married my Fan

Sungyeol’s smile dropped at once. He knew he was wrong but he didn’t know how to explain his behavior.

“Can we do that other day?”

Myungsoo was aware that the other day would never come.

Though he didn’t want to push his tired husband, he needed answers and that too now! They have pushed back this conversation for long already.

 

“I will get you a coffee, and we will sit to sort this out.”

Myungsoo’s stern voice left no room for debate. It was the first time for Sungyeol to hear that tone from Myungsoo but he understood.

 

 

 

Getting comfy on the couch in their living room, they stared at one another for a while before Myungsoo opened up first.

 

“Sungyeol ah, do you not like my bed hair?”

Out of all the things, the actor had not thought this would be the first question.

Laughing he replied, “I love your bed hair. It’s cute!”

 

“Then?! Why do you dislike to see me in the morning?”

Now, this was something he didn’t want to discuss.

“It’s not about you Myungie. It’s about me…..”

Seeing the expectant face of his husband, he blabbed some different answer rather than the real reason.

“It’s just that I want you to get enough sleep. I don’t want to trouble you. You look so peaceful while sleeping.” It was not a complete lie though.

Sungyeol was a doting husband, there is no doubt. He was caring, loving, understanding, except sometimes, the times where Myungsoo couldn’t figure out what’s going on in his head.

Squinting his eyes, he spoke, “I want truth Sungyeol.”

“It’s the truth.” Sungyeol defended.

“I want complete truth then!” Myungsoo didn’t want to go round and round.

 

The doorbell rang, which prompted Sungyeol’s sigh of relief and Myungsoo’s hiss.

With a roll of the eye, Myungsoo went to the door to see a concerned Sunggyu.

“Hi, Myungsoo.”

“Ya, I couldn’t be at ease seeing you so vexed earlier so, came to check up on you. I can’t understand the management sometimes.” The manager sat beside the actor. If he was relieved earlier by the interruption, he now wanted nothing more than the person in front to leave.

“What happened earlier?” Myungsoo feigned innocence.

“Hmm… Sungyeol didn’t come and rattle? That’s unlikely.” The manager had a doubtful expression.

Sunyeol stood up suddenly. “I am fine now. Don’t you have to go check on Woohyun, you told me he was not feeling well in the morning.”

“Ah… right!” The small-eyed manager remembered his spouse’s sorry condition before he left.

“Then hurry go. Get some ginseng on the way. I think he is working too hard these days.”

He chased his manager successfully but was unaware of the brewing storm ahead.

 

 

 

“Now that we are once again alone, please clear the air Sungyeol. I want honest answers this time and no making up of things. I am your spouse, we made a vow to honor one another our entire life.” Myungoo was resolute in getting things sorted out this time.

 

 

 

Sungyeol heart ached every time he behaved like that with his loved one, but he didn’t want to reveal things in detail as well.

 

 

“It’s j…just that I’m s…scared.”

“Scared of?”

“O…of you leaving me.”

“WHAT? What kind of logic is this?”

Sungyeol gulped before continuing. “I know you love the idol actor Lee Sungyeol. But I am not sure if you will love the common 30 years old Sungyeol who is still struggling to establish himself as an idol and trying to challenge himself in the acting field, who wears out after a tight schedule, who has messed up bed hair early in the morning, who wants to cuss out loud when unpleasant things happen, who is not always smiles…”

Not letting him continue, Myungsoo hugged the rambling boy. Sungyeol was stunned by the sudden action so, didn’t move at all.

 

Feeling the stiffness, Myungsoo slowly let the man in his arms go and looked at his eyes, slowly he leaned in and sealed their lips.

 

“Phabo! You are such an idiot.” Myungsoo exclaimed.

“I love you for who you are. We are all human, we all go through emotions, we have our own struggles. We are not puppets who have only one face 24/7. You are my husband and I’ve promised to be with you in every ups and downs.”

“That way you will see my ugly side.” Sungyeol’s eyes were looking everywhere else, not confident in meeting the eyes of his husband.

“Truly stupid. I think that you look the most handsome early in the morning, in your bed hair. You look vulnerable when you are sick but I want to be the one to take care of you. When you are angry, you can share with me, we can yell together and let out our frustrations. When I married you, I promised to embrace all your glory as well as all your flaws.”

Myungsoo once again hugged his husband who still felt like he needed some assurance.

This time, Sungyeol returned the hug and basked in the warmth offered by his lovely Myungie.

 

Snuggling in the hug, they were like now glued together.

“You know, I was scared your love for me would diminish once you see my casual face or my daily living. I wanted to be that perfect star in your eyes.”

“Stupid. I have been following you for how many years now? I have seen you tired, alone in your van, I have seen you nervous before the first stage of your tour, I have seen you sick but still trying your best for your fans. I love you not only for being the perfect idol but as the person you are. Lee Sungyeol, you are perfect for me despite the imperfections.”

Sungyeol was immensely blissful, being seen this thoroughly by the love of his life. He was gleeful that he married such an angel.

“Thank you.” Sungyeol kissed the little kitty boy to express his gratefulness.

 

“I must be the one to thank you. Do you remember how reluctant I was when we were first approached to be guests in a variety show? You gave me confidence. Last time, in the fashion show, I was trembling the entire time, it was your encouragement that let me face those models with poise. It was you who protected me from the bashing of the fans who were not ready to accept me.”

Thinking back yeah, it’s just been a few months of their marriage but they have been through so much together. They had their insecurities, their fear, their doubts but they helped one another out of their pits.

 

Sensing the atmosphere getting too mushy, Sungyeol jumped out shrieking, “Now be ready to hear my rants, see my no-makeup face, take care of my lazy self…hahaha……”

Myungsoo could only shake his head at the childish act of his husband.

“Bring on, I am always ready.”

Out of nowhere, Myungsoo was hit with a cushion and their little cushion fight began.

After playing for a while, both of them were out of breathe.

 

“I can’t believe your behavior was the result of your idol syndrome!” Myungsoo panted.

“Yah… it’s not idol syndrome, I just didn’t want to shatter the image of idol…

“And who told you I married an idol?” Myungsoo interrupted.

“But I married my fan, so I felt like I had to put up with that image.” Sungyeol felt stupid now.

“Phabo…”

Once again their pillow fight resumed then~

 


 

A/N : To everyone who gave their time to read, comment, support this fic, I am truly immensely thankful. You all are amazing! You brought smile to me on my busy tired days. Khamsamnida!

Thank you so much for sticking to the end!