What's happening?!

I married my Fan

The same repeated the next morning making Myungsoo wonder…

“Is there any secret he is hiding from me?”

“Early in the morning, does he have some secret routine?”

“Does he not like me in my morning appearance?”

Several doubts floated in his mind but he didn’t want to dwell on that topic much.

“Maybe he had his reasons.”

 

Coming back from work, Sungyeol behaved as usual, as if the morning incident didn’t happen at all so, he let it slide.

 

 

---  

 

 

Another week, Sungyeol came home injured, he had an incident at the filming site.

Sunggyu helped him to be on the bed. Telling him to rest well, the manager bid farewell.

 

 

Myungsoo wanted to check his husband but the other told him he was too tired and wanted to rest.

“It’s nothing serious, Myungie,” the actor told with a soft smile.

So, the other didn’t have the heart to disturb, he simply helped him lay down.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, when Myungsoo checked his husband, he had a high fever.

The worried guy made porridge and brought the medicine to the bed.

 

 

 

The first thing Sungyeol pleaded as soon as he woke up was, “Can you go to your parents’ house for a few days.”

Myungsoo was taken aback by the sudden request.

“You are this sick, I want to take care of you, I will stay by your side.”

“Gyu hyung can take care of me, he has been doing that for a long time. It’s been so long you last visited your parents.”

 

Myungsoo could not understand the actor. Normally people would want their loved ones close by when they were sick, but Sungyeol was doing just the opposite. Or was he not an important person for his husband?

 

 

“Why? I can do that. Or do you think…” Myungsoo’s voice was just above the whisper, his head was filled with so many questions.

“Please, I’ve already called Gyu hyung, he must be on his way. You need not worry at all. Just have some quality time with your family.”

 

 

Sungyeol’s lips were all pale, but he still looked calm and beautiful.

Myungsoo didn’t want to leave the other’s side but he didn’t want to pressurize the other in that state too.

 

The doorbell rang just then. A panicked Sunggyu entered with a bag of medicines, along with Woohyun.

 

“Yah, I told you to rest after the incident but you had to be stubborn and finish the scene.” The manager scolded the actor but the voice of worry was clearly evident.

 

“I will get well after a day’s rest. Don’t worry.” Sungyeol tried to pacify the anxious manager.

 

 

“Did you eat something?” Woohyun asked.

 

Myungsoo replied, “He just woke up, haven’t eaten anything. I have made porridge for him.”

 

“Aww… Myungsoo, you must have been worried a lot. This boy here is pretty stubborn.” Woohyun empathized.

 

“Ahh…” Myungsoo didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

“Myungie, please.” Sungyeol didn’t have energy at all, he pleaded with his eyes.

 

Both Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at Myungsoo not knowing what was going on.

Thinking they would talk about it later, Myungsoo sighed.

“Sorry, I have an urgent matter to attend to at home so, need to go. Sorry for the trouble.”

 

 

Seeing the distressed face of the boy, Woohyun immediately hugged the latter. He thought he wanted to stay by his husband’s side but then again, had something crucial stuff to handle.

“No worries. You have us here, we will take care of this stupid. You can go attend your matter.”

 

 

Once again looking at his sick husband in the bed, Myungsoo took the leave with a heavy heart.

 

 

---

 

 

Myungsoo returned 2 days later, after receiving a text from Sungyeol that he missed him.

As soon as the door opened, he was caught in a warm embrace.

“I missed you so much, Myungie.”

Whatever questions he had in mind fled immediately by the scent of his husband. 

 

 

---

 

 

Myungsoo had been meaning to have a heart-to-heart conversation with the actor about that day but then again his drama schedule was super long and he came late every night.

 

 

---

 

 

One day, Sungyeol had a gloomy face when returning from work. Myungsoo wondered why because it was the day of his fan meet, the actor should have returned home happy. He knew how much his husband loved and cared for his fans.

 

 

“Can you please buy me something refreshing from the departmental store?”

By the look, Myungsoo knew what was coming but still, he tried, “We have fruits, beverages, salad. What do you want? I just came back from shopping.”

“Anything, anything that’s not here.”

Myungsoo knew Sungyeol was trying hard to suppress his emotions.

“Yeol ah, you can talk. I am here to listen. What’s the matter?” The shorter men tried to embrace the other only to be denied.

“It’s nothing. I just want some time alone.”

This behavior of his husband made Myungsoo’s heart churn. He couldn’t fathom such situations.

 

 

“I’ll check out the new coffee shop around the corner then.”

“Thanks. I am going to my room. Can you please shut the door while leaving?”

“Sure.”

 

 

Myungsoo grabbed his cardigan to go out. Sungyeol, then entered his room and locked it.

Only after Sungyeol heard the click sound of the door closing, he began to yell.

 

“YOU BASTARDS! YOU CHEATERS! YOU LIARS! HOW COULD YOU TRICK SO MANY PEOPLE?! YOU FRAUDS! THOSE FANS SPENT SO MUCH TIME PURCHASING THE TICKET. THEY WERE AT THE VENUE FROM EARLY IN THE MORNING. THEY MADE SO MUCH EFFORT TO COME TO SEE THEIR IDOL FOR JUST A FEW MOMENTS BUT YOU SWINDLERS, YOU HAD TO PUSH THEM. YOU DIDN’T LET THEM ENTER. YOU KNEW THE SITUATION YET YOU ENCOURAGED EVERYONE TO BUY THE TICKETS AND NOW YOU SAY FOR SAFETY! WHAT THE HELL!.........................

 

 

 

 

Little did he know that, Myungsoo instead of going outside, clicked the door from inside and hadn’t left the place. Myungsoo wanted to know what was going on so, he didn’t leave, rather keenly listened to the activities happening in their shared bedroom. He could hear Sungyeol screaming, punching the pillows, thrashing the bed.

 

He went online to find out what actually happened. Turned out the management company issued tickets to more than a thousand fans but allowed only 300 people to enter the venue citing the safety precaution in this pandemic situation.

Fans were extremely angry at the company and wanted to at least see their idol from afar but even that was denied. Later the actor himself came on the veranda to wave at his fans and apologize.

 

 

There were divided opinions on that situation.

“Pretending to be nice now…huh!”

“You don’t have to say sorry Sungyeol ah. It’s not your fault.”

“Taking advantage of the fans’ love.”

“You cheater, I am so done with supporting you.”

“Did you see Sungyeol’s face? He seemed so sorry.”

“What sorry. He is an actor after all. Nice act, btw ><”

 

 

 

Myungsoo now understood the reason for Sungyeol’s behavior. He values his fans very much so, to be cheated like that, he must have felt the frustration for his fans.   

 

To see this side of his husband who is always cheerful, was new but being in his shoes, it was a natural response. The one thing he didn’t understand was why did Sungyeol want alone time, why didn’t he share the circumstance with him, why was he not ready to open up? Was he that unreliable? Was he untrustworthy? Was he so naïve?

 

 

 

After hiding out for an hour, Myungsoo clicked the door open and knocked on his husband’s door.

Sungyeol came out cheerful.

“Did you have good coffee time?”

“Sungyeol, don’t you think we need to talk.”

 

 


 

A/N : So, what do y’all think is the reason of Sungyeol’s odd behavior? Hope to see your speculations in the comments^^

 

Btw, I am super excited to see INFINITE together doing New Year countdown with us… they are gonna be super chaotic for sure…lol

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022 TO ALL!!!