Realization

I married my Fan

Sunggyu’s jaw dropped when Namu revealed his speculation. He really looked like a startled hamster!

“My intuition is never wrong, especially in such a case. I will drop by the shooting place later. I will bring lunch to you guys.”

Sunggyu didn’t know how to ask the younger so, he was thankful for his husband taking the matter in his hand.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Sunggyu had informed about Woohyun’s visit earlier but had not mentioned the intent.

“Aigoo…our Yeollie is working so hard. You have become thinner.” Woohyun added a spoonful of the food to the actor’s plate.

“If you keep on feeding me, I will be unable to enter the door in a week.” Sungyeol reproached the elder without a bite. He missed him.

“So, how are things going?”

“All well. Dramas, commercials, variety shows, that’s it.”

“I heard you are also preparing for musical.”

“Yes. But I am not sure if I would be able to do that well. I mean, it’s acting but it’s more close, more real, more raw. No takes upon takes, no action, and cut.” Sungyeol was somewhat anxious regarding the first experience in the theater.

“Don’t worry, Yeol ah. I believe you can do it! There is the first experience for everything.” Woohyun knew Sungyeol was a hard-working person who loved new challenges.

“Ah…by the way…I was thinking we should throw some congratulatory party for Myungsoo.”

Sungyeol’s fork suddenly came to a halt.

Woohyun’s smirk was so visible. The manager was already feeling sorry for the actor.

“I…it’s not like he is getting married. He just went for a blind date which his mother forced him to attend.”

Sungyeol tried to remain nonchalant but he could feel an uncomfortable feeling in his heart.

“Poor you, he will go on his way now. He had been a constant presence in your life and now he will part ways. He might show up in one of your events later with his wife and baby.”

The picture of Myungsoo with another person churned him.

“I’m full. Thank you for the meal.” Sungyeol was about to go feeling uneasy on the thought but Woohyun held his wrist.

“Wait for me, I am still eating.”

“Sunggyu hyung is here for you. I need to revise my script.” Sungyeol was unsure why he was feeling his heart twinge but he needed to get out of here.

“But I want to spend time with you. I meet Gyu every day.” Woohyun’s puppy eyes made the actor sit again.

 

 

Both Sunggyu and Woohyun took Sungyeol as their baby brother. When his husband was re-telling the events, Woohyun knew that Sungyeol himself was ignorant about his feelings towards the fansite master. So, he took the awakening task to himself.

 

“Yeol ah, what do you think about Myungsoo.”

Woohyun rarely had a serious face. So, Sungyeol pondered for a while and replied, “He is a loyal fan, he has been there for me in my good days and my bad days.”

“Is it just that? Do you feel nothing more than a fan towards him?”

“Umm…he is the first dedicated fansite of mine. Obviously, he is special to me. Though I love all my fans, he sure has a special spot in my heart.”

“So, you see him just as a special fan. Alright, so why was that when you didn’t see him in one event, you felt sad for so long?”

“It’s just…I thought he left me, for… someone else.”

“And you didn’t like that feeling, did you? Be honest Yeol, there have been many fansites who have joined the fandom, left at a certain point, but you were not affected in a similar way. You were even happy that they were advancing in their life, so why feel bad when it’s about Myungsoo?”

“That… I am glad that he is doing well. I know, w…with that look, he would get anyone he likes.”

“Are you sure you are truly happy for him? Is it okay if he gets married to someone else and he comes with his spouse at your fanmeet?”

“I…

“Don’t hurry to answer me. Think carefully and ask yourself if you want some other person to be by Myungsoo’s side or you would rather prefer yourself.”

 

 

 

 

---  

 

 

 

 

The tired actor couldn’t sleep the entire night. Woohyun’s question made him ponder, he had never thought of Myungsoo in another way but now that the thought is there, he was rooted to that. He might not have thought the fansite master nim as more than a friend before but the image of them being in a relationship was so sweet that it was difficult to remove it from his mind. The idea of the fansite master being on a date with someone else had truly riled him up.

 

 

 

 

---  

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu felt sorry for the sleep-deprived actor the next day.

“Sungyeol ah, don’t let Woohyun’s talk bother you much. You can decide on your own. He is concerned for you and wants the best for you.”

“I know Hyung. You are like my family. It’s just I have never thought of Myungsoo in that manner but now that Woohyun Hyung mentioned it, I can’t ignore the bubbling feeling.”

Sunggyu’s small eyes sparkled at that.

“As much as I am feeling butterflies in my stomach”, Sungyeol wanted to gag at this own cheesiness, “I am not sure if I want him to be my significant other. I feel good about him sure, but do I like him more than a friend?”

Sunggyu was glad to hear the honest reply. “Take your time to figure out Sungyeol ah, no hurry.”

 

 

 

 

--- 

 

 

 

 

A few days later, Sungyeol had to go to Pattaya Island, Thailand, for a commercial shoot. It had always been his favorite destination, so he was excited about the trip. He was in good mood from early morning.

 

Upon reaching the airport, there was a queue of fans waiting for his arrival. He waved at every fan, feeling grateful to them for sacrificing their sleep and coming to cheer him up. But he couldn’t find the one person, whom he wanted to see.

 

After reaching Suvarnabhumi Airport, the cell phone dinged signaling an incoming message.

Sorry Sungyeol Hyung, mom insisted me on going on another date so, couldn’t come to the airport.

Have a safe flight, wish you a fun commercial shoot.

Fighting!!!

 

In the instant, Sungyeol replied.

Can I meet you once I return to Seoul?

I have something to tell you.

The burning sensation he had knowing Myungsoo went on another date confirmed his feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Sungyeol told about his conviction to Sunggyu.

“I am going to be sincere with him and confess. B…but I am scared Hyung. What if he does not feel the same way? What if this would ruin our relationship? What if he leaves me?”

“Knowing Myungsoo, I don’t think that would be the case. Even if he doesn’t reciprocate the feeling, he would continue being your no.1 fan!” Sunggyu reassured.

“I hope so. I don’t want to lose him.”

 

 

 

--- 

 

 

 

 

The first thing Sungyeol did as soon as he returned to Seoul was arrange a dinner at his favorite restaurant.

Myungsoo was thrilled to be invited for the occasion, with this favorite person, for the first time. They had little chit-chats backstage sometimes, but not very deep conversation.

 

 

 

Sungyeol forwarded a small bag to the black-dressed man.

“For you.”

“What is this?”

“A small souvenir from Pattaya.”

“Y…you didn’t have to. Thank you.” Myungsoo felt like flying on cloud nine.

“I didn’t have to but I wanted to.” Sungyeol smiled.

The clear blush on Myungsoo’s cheek was adorable. Sungyeol unconsciously reached out his hand but just as he was about to caress his face, realized what he was doing.

“Umm…there was dust there, yeah!”

 

 

 

They had a good talk, fancy dinner, delicious dessert, but still, Sungyeol couldn’t bring himself to open up.

He was sure about his feeling now but didn’t dare to risk what they had.

“Hyung, you wanted to talk about something.”

Sungyeol was brought back from his reverie.

“About that, Myungsoo, I will just be honest with you. I know you have been my fan for years, and you have always seen me as an idol, whom you respect and adore. Believe me, when I say, I am always encouraged by your continuous support, you have been with me, in my thick and thin. But recently…

Myungsoo couldn’t figure out where the flow of their talk is going and why his idol was so nervous.

“It’s just recently I have discovered my feeling but I have never been so sure about this.”

This time Sungyeol looked Myungsoo in the eyes, he wanted to convey his sincerity. He was not the person to beat around the bush.

 “Myungsoo, will you date me?!”

 

 

 


 

A/N: There we go~ Sungyeol poured his heart out, but will Myungsoo accept the proposal?!

Let’s find out in the next chapter~

 

Btw, I am super excited for Sungyeol’s drama, Time of Memory!!!