Venice Tour~

I married my Fan

Leaving the busy world behind, it was time for the newlywed to have the time of their own.

 

They had two destinations in mind, Mt. Fuji or Venice, they drew the lot and Venice won so, here they were landing on Venice Marco Polo Airport.

 

The feel they got in this ancient city was incredible. After freshening up at Residenza Ducato, they went for stroll at Piazza San Marco. St. Mark’s Square is like a vast living room of Venice, the place everybody gathers, strolls, drinks coffee, stops to chat, meet friends.

 

Myungyeol were fascinated by the fashionable shops there and amused by the even more fashionable cafés. They went to the top of the Torre dell' Orologio, where a pair of "Moors" strikes the hour. They could view the entire square from there while enjoying the delicious delicacies. The open end is bookmarked by the erratic, exotic curves, swirls, mosaics, and lacy stone filigree of St. Mark's Basilica. The view plus the company of one another made the moment remarkable! The sweet and sour flavor of Sarde in saor and the savory taste of Risotto al nero di seppia made it their instant favorite cuisine.

 

After filling their belly, they decided to go around. Since the line at Basilica di San Marco (St. Mark's Basilica) was long enough, they took the Palace Fast Track Tour, which let them 4,240 square meters covered in ethereal and luminous gold mosaics, the magnificent golden Byzantine retable known as the Pala d'Oro, the inlaid marble floors, and the gold reliquaries and icons in the Treasury. Myungsoo was pointing at each of the wonderful masterpieces excitedly and Sungyeol was basking in the warmth of his husband.

 

They bought some souvenirs from the Piazza and then returned to their hotel to rest.

 

 

 

---  

 

 

 

After showering, they ate dinner provided by the hotel. Both of them were tired but happy nonetheless.

“Thank you Sungyeol for taking me here, for giving me this much bliss,” Myungsoo said lying comfortably in his husband’s chest.

Sungyeol pulled the other closer and dropped a kiss on his dimples.

“I should be the one to say that. The delight you’ve given me is more than anything I’ve ever received.”

“Then, I guess we need to thank one another.” Myungsoo kissed the actor’s hand.

“If so, then let’s do this properly.” Sungyeol suddenly got on top of Myungsoo and attacked him with kisses all over.

Myungsoo was startled at first but started to respond to the kisses happily. The love they had for one another could be felt in every touch, every kiss, every display of affection.

 

 

---

 

 

The next morning, after being ready, Sungyeol woke Myungsoo up to start their tour to Burano, a small fishing village that is home to several lace factories. On the island, Torcello is the oldest church in all of Venice, which contains several Byzantine mosaics.

Cabs, buses, subways were common in the streets of Seoul but they were fascinated to know that the only public transport there is the Vaporetto (ferry). They took lots of photos at the Rialto Bridge. Myungsoo’s passion for photography came in handy while capturing the beautiful artifacts.

 

On the other side of Rialto Bridge is the busy food market, where they quenched their hunger for seafood. In the narrow streets of San Polo, beyond the market, they found the artisans' shops and mask-making studios, one of the best places for shopping in Venice. They got gifts for their family, friends, for Sunggyu and Woohyun.

 

 

As the night fell, they took a ride along the Grand Canal in a gondola, which is one of the most romantic things they had experienced. The view of the last rays of sun staining the water and orange buildings provided an ideal framework in conjunction with the moored gondolas.

 

Myungyeol were glad they chose Venice as their destination. On the last day, while sipping coffee at Caffé Florian, enjoying the orchestra, they closed their eyes, holding one another’s hand, they felt like they were taken back a few centuries. It was one unforgettable memory!

 

 

---

 

 

 

Flying back to Seoul, there were tons of fans waiting for their arrival. This crowd was not new for Myungsoo, he has always been a part of it but this time it felt completely foreign. Instead of being the one to capture the photographs, he was the one being photographed.

Initially, he kind of panicked but the warm hand of Sungyeol became his forte.

 

 

---

 

 

The busy schedule of Sungyeol resumed once again. Myungsoo was glad that their marriage didn’t create many obstacles in his husband’s career.

 

They were approached by various shows for the interviews but Sungyeol first asked Myungsoo if he was comfortable appearing in the entertainment world. He knew the viciousness of that sector but he would be a shield for his kitty husband. Only after his agreement, the couple appeared as guests in several reality shows, variety shows, and other programs. Myungsoo used to be shy in the first few programs, but he quickly adapted to showbiz.  

 

 

The former fansite master was exhausted with few events but he could see his partner, who was loaded with packed schedules, always fresh. Sungyeol never complained, never grumbled, never showed his fatigue. Myungsoo praised him for his endurance, patience, and hard work. If he was a fan of the actor before, his admiration multiplied a hundred folds now.

 

 

There was never a day when Sungyeol woke up late despite him getting to bed almost at dawn. Myungsoo was amazed by his daily routine.

 

 

Whenever he doubted himself to appear on a certain show, Sungyeol gave him confidence. If he was unsure if the interview went well, the idol told him he did extremely well. Whenever he felt he was not up to the beauty standard of a certain fashion magazine, his husband would hug him and look at him with so much adoration and tell him he was the most beautiful person he had ever laid his eyes on.

 

 

Myungsoo felt blessed to have such epitome of perfection as his husband.

 

 

 

---  

 

 

 

One morning, Myungsoo set the alarm really early to prepare breakfast for his husband, but he was taken aback seeing Sungyeol panicked.

“Why did you wake up early today?” Myungsoo thought his husband would be happy to see him the first thing in the morning but the reaction and the tone in which he spoke made his heart sink.

 

“Umm… to prepare breakfast for you.” Myungsoo didn’t know what incited such a response from the other.

“I can do that myself. Please go to sleep Soo.” Although the tone was softer this time, Sungyeol didn’t look at his husband even once. Myungsoo felt like crying.

 

 


 

 

A/N : I am sensing little angst here ^_~

 

Image of St. Mark's Sqaure (Piazza San Marco)